Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #31
AQW
Blessed beyond measure!

That photo of Sarah wearing the lanyard is priceless! I love our DDD lanyards... I wore mine to work the first day back from the trip. Between that and my braids, I pretended I was still on vacation.

Loving the TR!
Old 10-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #32
101DalmFan
DIS Veteran

Disneyland - Christmas 1967 ; WDW (CR & offsite) - October 1981, October 1982, April 1989; WDW (Poly & offsite) - October 1990, April 1996; WDW (AllStar Movies & offsite) - April 2005, August 2005, August 2006; Feb 2007; Oct 2007; Feb 2008; Oct 2008; Feb 2009; June 2009; Feb 2010; Feb 2011; Nov 2011; Nov 2012
DCL 11-night Southern Caribbean ("11 Nights in Paradise" on the Wonder) - September 2006
29th Wedding Anniversary Cruise (DCL Eastern Caribbean on the Magic) - October 2007
30th Wedding Anniversary Cruise, celebrating with our family (DCL Double Dip on the Magic) - October 2008
Had a DREAMY time on The Dream - October 2011
101DalmFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #33
DisneyMama629
DIS Veteran

Wow! Check-in sounds so hectic! Now I'm kinda scared for my first cruise.

DisneyMama629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #34
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQW View Post
That photo of Sarah wearing the lanyard is priceless! I love our DDD lanyards... I wore mine to work the first day back from the trip. Between that and my braids, I pretended I was still on vacation.

Loving the TR!
I thought about getting braids too........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101DalmFan View Post

Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnkris View Post
Wow! Check-in sounds so hectic! Now I'm kinda scared for my first cruise.
Well, this one was. Not all cruises are like that, I'll bet. I heard at one point from Brent (probably before or after one of the shows) that our cruise was 90% Castaway Club members (repeat cruisers). That is a really high percentage, and almost certainly had an effect on how populated the terminal was so early. The Wonder is much more sane. Possibly due to the fact that on the Wonder there is a high percentage of land/sea folks using the ground transfers, and those do not arrive at the terminal until after boarding starts.

I finally got completely unpacked today! Only took eight days.... Still have a mountain of laundry tho....

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #35
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful family! Looking forward to the rest of your TR!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #36
DisneyMama629
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=nenner1;28118832]

Well, this one was. Not all cruises are like that, I'll bet. I heard at one point from Brent (probably before or after one of the shows) that our cruise was 90% Castaway Club members (repeat cruisers). That is a really high percentage, and almost certainly had an effect on how populated the terminal was so early. The Wonder is much more sane. Possibly due to the fact that on the Wonder there is a high percentage of land/sea folks using the ground transfers, and those do not arrive at the terminal until after boarding starts.
[QUOTE]

Thank goodness! I was getting really worried. We are going on our first cruise in July. 7 nights to Tortola.

DisneyMama629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #37
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnkris View Post

Thank goodness! I was getting really worried. We are going on our first cruise in July. 7 nights to Tortola.
Well....that one will likely be pretty busy too.
My advice is to try & get there as soon as you can, either that or later (1:00 or so, after boarding starts. If you do arrive early, after checking in that pick an area on the perimeter (by the couches and TV's that play cartoons) to sit, you won't be in the mess of people queuing for the characters and/or the kids club. That was a big part of our problem, with the crowds, just where we were standing. Its a little crazy but nothng really to worry about. Most of our stress was self-induced...

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 10-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #38
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdeb1999 View Post
What a beautiful family! Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

Thank you so much!! And also thanks for reading!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #39
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Guess who is cruising with you again.... ???

and your all unpacked huh... guess i should get off here and do that huh.. but thats not as fun LOL
Old 10-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #40
VacationJunkie
Excited to finally being introducing my DD to Disney

loving the tr so far. i am cruising with my 5 month old DD at the end of this month. as a FTM i am reading everything i can from those who have cruised with mini cruisers.
Disney Wonder July 2003
Disney Magic July 2006- Double Dip
Disney Wonder B2B May 2007
RCI- Mariner of the Seas August 2007
Disney Magic January 2008 - Babymoon Cruise
Disney Magic October 2008

VacationJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #41
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacationJunkie View Post
loving the tr so far. i am cruising with my 5 month old DD at the end of this month. as a FTM i am reading everything i can from those who have cruised with mini cruisers.
Thanks for reading! You and your mini cruiser will have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Guess who is cruising with you again.... ???
Ummmm..... Well....b/c we decided to go forward with my cousins wedding cruise on the Oasis in 1/10, now we aren't sure if we can handle doing two fairly expensive cruises in such close proximity. Since we pay for our cruises with our tax refund....the timing of the Oasis cruise means we will have to pay for it in '09...so it looks like we will probably change the '09 DCL Eastern to one of the 5 night Key Wests on the Wonder in '10.......
I'll miss ya......

Old 10-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #42
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

thanks for the new update
what time did you get to board

we are on the next dounle dip
but not planning on been there to early but don't want to be late either know what I mean ? me either
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #43
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns View Post
thanks for the new update
what time did you get to board
I'm not 100% sure. We were done with our business in RBarD before 12:30, though....so I'd have to guess we boarded around 12:10.

Quote:
we are on the next dounle dip
but not planning on been there to early but don't want to be late either know what I mean ? me either
Actually...I know exactly what you mean!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #44
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Thanks for reading! You and your mini cruiser will have a great time!

Ummmm..... Well....b/c we decided to go forward with my cousins wedding cruise on the Oasis in 1/10, now we aren't sure if we can handle doing two fairly expensive cruises in such close proximity. Since we pay for our cruises with our tax refund....the timing of the Oasis cruise means we will have to pay for it in '09...so it looks like we will probably change the '09 DCL Eastern to one of the 5 night Key Wests on the Wonder in '10.......
I'll miss ya......
I just read on our thread.... ... yes I dont think E is completely onboard either. for now were on this one.. but I think he wants to wait till 2010... he really wants the med... so Now i need to see if i can get a cheaper one on another cruise liner. But i know the boys (well and me too) would love to play on the beachs again. Who knows.. I also have DU holding a trans western for me so we shall see what that one amounts too.. Might just talk E into that if the price is right LOL

Guess until then we will have to live vivaciously through eachothers Trip Reports LOL
Old 10-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #45
Alice_on_WONDERland
Why is a raven like a writing desk? Yes, your majesty!

Hi! I just wanted to jump on to send you a quick note of how much my son and I enjoy your TR's! We've read all three! My little guy loves to see the pics of your children having a great time on their previous trips. It makes it a little more real to him, as we won't be taking our first cruise until March of next year.

I enjoy your reports because I love hearing from another "fellow-mommy." Only mommies really know what all is invloved in these family vacations, right? I'm learning alot from you - thanks!

Can't wait to read more...

Mama's Got Her Groove Back Trip Report
Alice_on_WONDERland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: