Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #781
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Good Afternoon, is everyone having an enjoyable day.

Cait and Mel enjoy VT. I wish I could have joined you, maybe next time.

Sha, of course I'll be there in December with my dad, son and sisters. Have to celebrate Dad's 80th in a MAGICAL way.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #782
katydidbug1
Mrs. Smee, My Heart Belongs to a Pirate.

Good Morning from soggy VT~

Happy Sunday!!!

Mel and I ventured out yesterday, and where did we find ourselves you ask. Well let me tell you, we found just a wee bit of heaven right here in VT. Yup you guessed it, Ben and Jerry's. We went on the factory tour and at the end we were rewarded with a tasting of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (made my honey a little jealous...his favorite ice cream)

We may have also paid a visit to their scoop shop as well. A tasting was not quite enough for us. Let me tell ya, if you are a fan of peanut butter cups. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice cream tastes EXACTLY like a frozen peanut butter cup.

After breakfast today we are venturning out again and heading to Burlington...for my favorite passtime....SHOPPING!!!!

Have a great Sunday.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #783
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertybell7 View Post
I do remember...But dont remember where???

Post a link please
Sure thing...

http://pub33.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/2760123256

If that's too hard to remember, you can always just go to my website and click "Live Chat" at the top.

www.meetjoeblack.net
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 11-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #784
Johnfish

DIS Bandwith is a terrible thing to waste

Good afternoon everyone... I had the most awesome experience last night. My son and I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Richmond Colesium. If you live any where near were they are going to perform DONT MISS IT. This is by far the best arena rock show I have ever seen. The show would have been great even if they did nothing but perform thier music. But they mixed in a phenomenal show of lights, lasers and pyrotechnics that was just jaw dropping. 2 1/2 hours of music, lights, lasers and fireworks!!! Dont miss it if you have the opportunity to go. The band even came out afterward and sighed autographs after the show.

John
8/05 at Pop Century and POFQ
8/04 at Coronado Springs with hurricane Charlie
December 1984 offsite
Old 11-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #785
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfish View Post
Good afternoon everyone... I had the most awesome experience last night. My son and I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Richmond Colesium. If you live any where near were they are going to perform DONT MISS IT. This is by far the best arena rock show I have ever seen. The show would have been great even if they did nothing but perform thier music. But they mixed in a phenomenal show of lights, lasers and pyrotechnics that was just jaw dropping. 2 1/2 hours of music, lights, lasers and fireworks!!! Dont miss it if you have the opportunity to go. The band even came out afterward and sighed autographs after the show.

John
The Trans Siberian Orchestra are awesome, I know Matt and you had a fun. They will be performing in Washington DC at the Verizon Center in December but unfortunately I'll be in Disney on those days. Hopefully they will be back in 2009.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #786
cdn ears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidbug1 View Post
Good Morning from soggy VT~

Happy Sunday!!!

Mel and I ventured out yesterday, and where did we find ourselves you ask. Well let me tell you, we found just a wee bit of heaven right here in VT. Yup you guessed it, Ben and Jerry's. We went on the factory tour and at the end we were rewarded with a tasting of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (made my honey a little jealous...his favorite ice cream)

We may have also paid a visit to their scoop shop as well. A tasting was not quite enough for us. Let me tell ya, if you are a fan of peanut butter cups. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice cream tastes EXACTLY like a frozen peanut butter cup.

After breakfast today we are venturning out again and heading to Burlington...for my favorite passtime....SHOPPING!!!!

Have a great Sunday.
OK guys, thanks for dangling three carrots in front of me - Ben and Jerrys factory tour, peanut butter cup (why don't you guys detour through Hershey on the way home??) and factory outlet, or small town shopping!!!

Hope you enjoyed yourselves
Old 11-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #787
flying_babyb
DIS Veteran

Im single, 24 and going to school to be a cop. Live in Wisconsin.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 AM   #788
MOREMICKEYFORME
2 Pirates + 2 Princesses= 1 Family!

Hey girls...I am from VT, But I was away this weekend with some friends. I wish I would have known you were around.
I am glad you had fun at Ben and Jerry's, and I am sure you had fun in Burlington on Church street- especially if you stayed there late at night for liquid refreshment...Burlington is known for the wide array of bars.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #789
katydidbug1

Good Morning from Snowy Vermont.

Mel's hopes for a walk up the mountian, past where the road is closed to cars were dashed when we woke up to snow. It is Vermont after all. We ventured out yesterday to go to Burlington, did a little shopping. Headed back to the Resort, and just hung out lastnight watching a movie with the fireplace going....and woke up this morning to SNOW!!

Not sure what our plans are for today, possibly just watching the snow, while wishing we are at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREMICKEYFORME View Post
Hey girls...I am from VT, But I was away this weekend with some friends. I wish I would have known you were around.
I am glad you had fun at Ben and Jerry's, and I am sure you had fun in Burlington on Church street- especially if you stayed there late at night for liquid refreshment...Burlington is known for the wide array of bars.
Hey....to bad you were away this weekend. We had fun on Church St, and walked down to the lake to take some pics. Is it snowing where you are?

Hey STEVE!!....Did you send this snow to us? As punishment for tempting you with Ben and Jerry's.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #790
MOREMICKEYFORME

I am 5 minutes from Burlington. Any it is rrainy right now, but the temps are due to drop a bit- turning the rain into snow...Yeah...I love Vermont-FYI, that's BS. I hate the snow. When my kids get bigger- I'm outta here!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #791
katydidbug1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREMICKEYFORME View Post
I am 5 minutes from Burlington. Any it is rrainy right now, but the temps are due to drop a bit- turning the rain into snow...Yeah...I love Vermont-FYI, that's BS. I hate the snow. When my kids get bigger- I'm outta here!!!
Its stopped snowing up here on the Mountian.....for now....lol I am looking forward to the move south, most likely this will be my last New England winter. Winter in AR will be very different then Winter in Boston.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #792
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

I've not even been back two months and already I'm ready for the World again. I wish I were getting ready to go back again, I had so much fun.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 11-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #793
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

I'm getting ready to go in about a month and I can tell you that I will want to go back the very minute I set foot back in PA. Ugh.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #794
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Animation Inn & Suites?

Ok, so I'm now reading about a possible re-branding of Pop Century into something called Animation Inn & Suites and possibly taking it to a moderate level resort as well? They say occupancy levels have never been very high at Pop, but every single time I've been there its been just as crowded as any of the All Stars, so that doesn't make any sense to me.

Now we all know of their decision to eventually finish Early Years as all-suites. This is one of my favorite resorts at the World and I'm rather at odds with the fact that they might even THINK of changing it to something different. Honestly, if they took it to a moderate, I would stay at Riverside instead, as its the best moderate in my opinion.

Just some food for a Monday morning, enjoy your reading...

Have a look at the article here
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 11-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #795
MOREMICKEYFORME

Hmmm, read the article. Very interesting.
I have stayed at Pop and loved it, but something new would be great too.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: