Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #2236
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Well folks, tomorrow I am off to the frozen tundra that is known as Louisville, KY for fun and football with friends. Can't wait. Matterhorn (Andrea) and I take a flight out at 10:40 our time and are supposed to land in Louisville at 5:20 p.m. We shall see. . .I hear that the airport is fully operational now but ya never know. . .Its supposed to be in the teens when we land and 8 at night when we go out to 4th Street Live. . .lol. What are a couple of Desert Dwellers doing trekking it to this frozen tundra anyway? Why oh why didn't I just go to WDW. . .ROFLMAO. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #2237
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Oooh I have friends in Louisville and love visiting them (It's only about 4 hrs from me).. there are some GREAT hangouts in Louisville! We have conferences there often.
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #2238
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinRell View Post
Oooh I have friends in Louisville and love visiting them (It's only about 4 hrs from me).. there are some GREAT hangouts in Louisville! We have conferences there often.
Well, you just plant yourself at 4th street live (not sure what the place is called but it is the Irish Pub) on Sunday where we will be watching the game, enjoying all you can eat wings and all you can drink draft beer. . .lol. The big guys and I always love the company. . .lol.

I have never been to Louisville so this is a first for me. Just wish it was a tad bit warmer. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #2239
MOREMICKEYFORME
2 Pirates + 2 Princesses= 1 Family!

Sounds like a fun trip Darcy. Have a great time!
I'm used to the cold, but it doesn't mean I like it...
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #2240
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinRell View Post
Hi Holly! Where in Ohio are you? I'm in Bedford.. on the tip of the snow belt.. so we didn't get as hard as chesterland/munson but we got about 2 feet of new snow I'd say. We're pretty used to it here so traveling is fine. It was a PITA to clear the driveway THREE times yesterday tho And unfortunately with only a one car garage mine was buried... otherwise we're fine. It's surreal driving down the road and the snow meets my door window where there's no piles and is taller than my car where there is piles.

Joe I'm worried about you. You need to leave your town for a while I think.
I am down here in Cincinnati. My friend lives up towards Akron which is right by the snowbelt. As of yesterday they had a foot of snow, I would hate to know how much they have now. In Cincinnati when we have snow the whole city shuts down..lol...
Old 01-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #2241
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Well, you just plant yourself at 4th street live (not sure what the place is called but it is the Irish Pub) on Sunday where we will be watching the game, enjoying all you can eat wings and all you can drink draft beer. . .lol. The big guys and I always love the company. . .lol.

I have never been to Louisville so this is a first for me. Just wish it was a tad bit warmer. . .
Darcy and Andrea have a blast.
Stop in the convience store and try an Ale8one. (SP)
Kinda like ginger beer - yumm
Old 01-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #2242
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
I think the worst of it has passed. I am hoping at least :D It has only lasted a couple days and feel very lucky for that.
Hi Sha! Glad to hear you are feeling better. It always stinks to be sick! We've had a bit of somthing going around here on the left coast too and I've managed (knocking on wood) to avoid it. I hope the nasty bug is gone by next Sunday Feb. 8 when I will be arriving in MCO. I probably won't be going to the parks until that Friday, Feb. 13 so maybe I'll miss some of it but I'll be in the area. (It will be difficult to be so close for 5 days before actually stepping foot in a park!)

Take care of yourself!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #2243
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Hope all that are traveling these next few days have safe trips. I hear the weather is not so nice in them eastern states!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #2244
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Hi Sha! Glad to hear you are feeling better. It always stinks to be sick! We've had a bit of somthing going around here on the left coast too and I've managed (knocking on wood) to avoid it. I hope the nasty bug is gone by next Sunday Feb. 8 when I will be arriving in MCO. I probably won't be going to the parks until that Friday, Feb. 13 so maybe I'll miss some of it but I'll be in the area. (It will be difficult to be so close for 5 days before actually stepping foot in a park!)

Take care of yourself!

Yes, am feeling better. Am going to work tomorrow too

I hope that things work out and I can come down and say hi in person.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 01-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #2245
NH_Bubba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Be warned of a bad virus down there at the world... I got to bring it home with me. Not fun.
Thanks for the Warning. I figure Alchol is a good germ killer so as long as I keep up with that I should be OK.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #2246
tawasdave
I may be getting older..but refuse to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bubba View Post
Thanks for the Warning. I figure Alchol is a good germ killer so as long as I keep up with that I should be OK.
I am a firm believer in the old adage of drinking plenty of fluids Epcot here I come...margarita...giant beer in Germany...grey goose slushie...
Old 01-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #2247
tawasdave
I may be getting older..but refuse to grow up

Ok..this is way ....but for those of you worried about where our country is headed...

http://www.bornagainamerican.org/

If you agree/like it pass it on...
Old 01-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #2248
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Darcy you def. have to go back when it's warm. If you like bikers (I do I do!) there are plenty to gaze at... and it's especially a fun time to go around Derby time!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #2249
sand2270
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Well folks, tomorrow I am off to the frozen tundra that is known as Louisville, KY for fun and football with friends. Can't wait. Matterhorn (Andrea) and I take a flight out at 10:40 our time and are supposed to land in Louisville at 5:20 p.m. We shall see. . .I hear that the airport is fully operational now but ya never know. . .Its supposed to be in the teens when we land and 8 at night when we go out to 4th Street Live. . .lol. What are a couple of Desert Dwellers doing trekking it to this frozen tundra anyway? Why oh why didn't I just go to WDW. . .ROFLMAO. . .
Have fun guys, wish I was going with you! Well now that you mention the weather...maybe not
Old 01-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #2250
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Yes, am feeling better. Am going to work tomorrow too

I hope that things work out and I can come down and say hi in person.
I'll be there so if you're able to make it down that would be great, just let me know!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: