Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #1576
acm563
Passionate for Life~Are we there yet?~A dream is a wish your heart makes....~Can we all just get along~No more drama please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREMICKEYFORME View Post
Carrie- I understand about kids getting older and not believing anymore. My daughter is 16 and hasn't believed in awhile, but on Christmas eve when I was getting gifts under the tree for my 5 year old, she got so excited because I carried on the tradition of "one special present from Santa in your bedroom". For my son, I got a small fish bowl and a goldfish with a letter from Santa saying how it was his special fish and he was getting too busy making toys to take care of him and that the fish selected my son from the list of good boys and girls to live with forever. I placed the goldfish in my son's room with the letter and my daughter looked at me and said, "I LOVED it when you did this every year mom, this was ALWAYS the BEST part of Christmas. I am going to do this with my kids every year." I knew when she was little, she was always so happy to see that Santa went into HER room and left her something extra special, but she never vocally expressed it to me before. It was nice to know she appreciated it and she really enjoyed being a spectator in watching her brother get his special gift from Santa. It was a really special moment to enjoy with my 5 year old son and my (almost adult) daughter. Awe...getting warm fuzzy feelings just thinking about it...
That is so sweet. I was surprised to learn that Marie does not believe in Santa, that was kind of a bummer...but its hard for me to realize she will be a teenager in a few more years and is already acting like one... To know that my "baby" is now 26 is amazing, its scary the way the time flies.....
Old 12-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #1577
tawasdave
I may be getting older..but refuse to grow up

A Belated Very Merry Christmas to all....I had a Great Christmas as usual with family...only problem was kids were with ex this year for the first time in a long time.. ...so that part was hard...my kids are 16 & 19 and this is the first year they did not get a present from Santa...guess its time...but they did get their stockings filled...Now today I am driving in freezing rain to Detroit (3hrs) to cheer on the Mighty Central Michigan Chippewas in the Motor City Bowl...look for me on ESPN...lol

Here is an early wish for the greatest of Tiggerific New Years to all my DIS friends!!!
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #1578
JDUCKY
Local Yocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand2270 View Post
Here is my Christmas story...this year Santa was bringing my daughter a new bike. Well Santa had to deliver the bike to my mom's and we had to put it together. My brother's friend Ryan put the bike together so I called my brother yesterday and asked him what I should get Ryan for putting the bike together for me...and I did this in front of my daughter!!! Can you say stupid mommy!!

She gave me a weird look and once I realized what I did I started crying. My daughter came over, hugged me, patted my back, tried to hold back the big grin on her face and said "it's ok mommy I don't know what it looks like".

So I explained that Santa delivered it early because he needed our help putting it together. She was still so excited once she actually saw it. Eesh...not sure how much longer I can keep up the charade .
Awwww.... *happycry*

Mine lost the magic several years ago so I ended up taking her out shopping Tue. evening for most of her gifts but still managed to sneak a couple purchases while she was looking elsewhere in a store. She has to have *some* kind of surprise to open! :-)

Disneyworld? Whenever the urge strikes (most weekends now!)
Disneyland Paris - First trip (part of Honeymoon) - March 2012
Disneyland - 1st wedding anniversary - Dec 2012; Road Trip July 2013; Nov 2014!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #1579
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Hey Joe... my guess is AK lol.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 12-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #1580
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Good Evening everyone.

In my family we cook lasagna for New Year's Day. Christmas dinner is beef tenderloin, cooked in brandy and maple syrup ... I still have left overs which will probably disappear before the weekend is over.

My son, Jason, Christmas and birthday present is always a cruise in January. Which we will be going on in 8 days...
Old 12-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #1581
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttester9612 View Post
Good Evening everyone.

In my family we cook lasagna for New Year's Day. Christmas dinner is beef tenderloin, cooked in brandy and maple syrup ... I still have left overs which will probably disappear before the weekend is over.

My son, Jason, Christmas and birthday present is always a cruise in January. Which we will be going on in 8 days...
MMMm that sounds good... brandy and maple syrup tenderloin... share your cooking tips on that???

Am sure you will enjoy your cruise!!

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 12-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #1582
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
MMMm that sounds good... brandy and maple syrup tenderloin... share your cooking tips on that???

Am sure you will enjoy your cruise!!
Sha, I'll email it to you.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #1583
Sha

Quote:
Thank you!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #1584
BCV2003
DIS Veteran

Merry Belated Christmas to all my old friends here!

I hope Santa was good to everyone!!

Happy early New Year in case I don't make it back for a while!
December 30, 2007 - January 2, 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Concierge
January 2-5, 2008 Beach Club Villas
September 23-28, 2008 at Beach Club Villas
September 25-30, 2009 Old Key West/Beach Club Villas
June 20-27, 2010Animal Kingdom Villas/Beach Club Villas
October 11-14, 2012 3-Night Disney Dream Concierge sailing to Bahamas
October 14-17, 2012 Old Key West Resort

FUTURE:
October 12-20, 2013 Honeymooning at Aulani
Old 12-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #1585
Sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV2003 View Post
Merry Belated Christmas to all my old friends here!

I hope Santa was good to everyone!!

Happy early New Year in case I don't make it back for a while!
HI BCV!!!!!! How are you doing?! Belated Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!

LOL... Santa is always good to me

Old 12-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #1586
libertybell7
DIS Veteran

Merry day after Christmas everyone....

Sha..Thank you so much for the card...
Old 12-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #1587
BCV2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
HI BCV!!!!!! How are you doing?! Belated Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!

LOL... Santa is always good to me
I've been good but very busy. I spent the day playing with my new Sony Alpha 350 that Santa brought me and have been tying up a bunch of loose ends at work because I am starting a new job in January. I've had a lot going on but all good stuff.

I wanted to drop by and say to everyone here since chat isn't there anymore.

I hope everyone is doing well. You got your RN or BSN, right, Sha? Any other big news?
December 30, 2007 - January 2, 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Concierge
January 2-5, 2008 Beach Club Villas
September 23-28, 2008 at Beach Club Villas
September 25-30, 2009 Old Key West/Beach Club Villas
June 20-27, 2010Animal Kingdom Villas/Beach Club Villas
October 11-14, 2012 3-Night Disney Dream Concierge sailing to Bahamas
October 14-17, 2012 Old Key West Resort

FUTURE:
October 12-20, 2013 Honeymooning at Aulani
Old 12-27-2008, 07:09 AM   #1588
Sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV2003 View Post
I've been good but very busy. I spent the day playing with my new Sony Alpha 350 that Santa brought me and have been tying up a bunch of loose ends at work because I am starting a new job in January. I've had a lot going on but all good stuff.

I wanted to drop by and say to everyone here since chat isn't there anymore.

I hope everyone is doing well. You got your RN or BSN, right, Sha? Any other big news?
Did the RN. BSN will come in a couple years. Have a couple classes to knock out of the way. And nothing that I will share on here at this time

Enjoy the camera. I am sure you will get many good memories captured! And good luck with the new job!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #1589
NH_Bubba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
TT Would you be willing to share that with me as well it sounds awesome.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #1590
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That sounds pretty yummy, Theresa, I might like to try that also.

As for leftovers, The two trays of lasagna is almost all gone here.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: