Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 07:06 AM   #1561
katydidbug1
Mrs. Smee, My Heart Belongs to a Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
You omitted that you had opened it already LOL
Well seeing as I already knew what it was, and I ordered it along with his daughter's gifts and had it shipped to my Mom's there wasn't much of a surprise there...LOL
Old 12-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #1562
GoofyDude
Gawrsh!

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

Check out my bad pics at: Flickr and SmugMug
(You can look at the good ones, too!)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #1563
sand2270
DIS Veteran

Here is my Christmas story...this year Santa was bringing my daughter a new bike. Well Santa had to deliver the bike to my mom's and we had to put it together. My brother's friend Ryan put the bike together so I called my brother yesterday and asked him what I should get Ryan for putting the bike together for me...and I did this in front of my daughter!!! Can you say stupid mommy!!

She gave me a weird look and once I realized what I did I started crying. My daughter came over, hugged me, patted my back, tried to hold back the big grin on her face and said "it's ok mommy I don't know what it looks like".

So I explained that Santa delivered it early because he needed our help putting it together. She was still so excited once she actually saw it. Eesh...not sure how much longer I can keep up the charade .
Old 12-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #1564
sand2270
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan63 View Post
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Today I opened my gifts, and my friend Pam has given me the most unique gift I have ever received. The gift is from Avon.

It is a battery-operated, heated ice cream scoop.

Kimmielee: Anything labeled "easy to assemble" is that for only the manufacturer. I think it's an unwritten cosmic law.

Jim

Didn't Mr. Cosby get one of those one year on his birthday on the Cosby Show?? LOL
Old 12-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #1565
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Jenroc called this morning and wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!! We should see her again on here before the new year!!

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 12-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #1566
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand2270 View Post
Here is my Christmas story...this year Santa was bringing my daughter a new bike. Well Santa had to deliver the bike to my mom's and we had to put it together. My brother's friend Ryan put the bike together so I called my brother yesterday and asked him what I should get Ryan for putting the bike together for me...and I did this in front of my daughter!!! Can you say stupid mommy!!

She gave me a weird look and once I realized what I did I started crying. My daughter came over, hugged me, patted my back, tried to hold back the big grin on her face and said "it's ok mommy I don't know what it looks like".

So I explained that Santa delivered it early because he needed our help putting it together. She was still so excited once she actually saw it. Eesh...not sure how much longer I can keep up the charade .
Don't feel bad, I did almost the same thing when we got the new TV put up yesterday... saying that we HAD to have it up for Christmas morning. Noah said... "why?"... I said... ummmmm....so we can see the Disney Parade!!!

I think he CHOOSES to believe. He's got too many friends with older siblings that have tried to spoil it.

Last night, watching him high tail it to bed once Santa hit Canada on Norad... oh my... it was awesome.

It was absolutely a great morning. NOTHING beat the excitement of knowing that he got Wii from Santa. This thing is awesome!!

Off to make Chicken and Dumplings, Cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner... Merry Christmas everyone!!

Old 12-26-2008, 06:19 AM   #1567
MOREMICKEYFORME
2 Pirates + 2 Princesses= 1 Family!

Good Morning, I am glad to see that everyone had a good Christmas.
Mine went well, too. It was nice seeing the kid's faces when they got the presents they wanted, and it was great being with family and taking time to enjoy one anothers company.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #1568
acm563
Passionate for Life~Are we there yet?~A dream is a wish your heart makes....~Can we all just get along~No more drama please

Good Morning I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas ! For me it is back to work today Looking forward to the weekend, for today it is only going to be 50* and raining but tomorrow it will be 67 and Sunday 71*!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay
Old 12-26-2008, 06:59 AM   #1569
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Good Morning everyone! Back to work for me also, but it looks to be a slow day here. Christmas was very nice, the kids were over, I made a tray of lasagna, and everyone was happy with their gifts.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:08 AM   #1570
MOREMICKEYFORME

Augie-
I made lasagna yesterday for my Christmas meal, too. I thought I was strange for making that instead of ham, but now I have heard of three families making lasagna yesterday, maybe its a new tradition?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:18 AM   #1571
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Well, it is a tradition for me, have been doing it for several years now. I am a big fan of Italian cooking, so why not? Actually, I made two trays, as my daughter is a vegetarian. So I know what is for dinner tonight also!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #1572
acm563
Passionate for Life~Are we there yet?~A dream is a wish your heart makes....~Can we all just get along~No more drama please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREMICKEYFORME View Post
Augie-
I made lasagna yesterday for my Christmas meal, too. I thought I was strange for making that instead of ham, but now I have heard of three families making lasagna yesterday, maybe its a new tradition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Well, it is a tradition for me, have been doing it for several years now. I am a big fan of Italian cooking, so why not? Actually, I made two trays, as my daughter is a vegetarian. So I know what is for dinner tonight also!
Not strange at all Although I didnt cook this year that is what I typically make for Christmas dinner and so do a lot of my friends.. This year I did the typical ham for Christmas eve dinner and will be taking the leftovers to Mom as I am not a fan of ham... Glad to know there are others who do the lasagna thing
Old 12-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #1573
MOREMICKEYFORME

I made 3 pans of lasagna. I made one large meat one and I had a few vegetarians too, so I made a smaller veggie one. Then there was still so much left over that I made an extra pan of it to freeze for a lazy weekend.
Like you Augie, I will be eating it for the next few days...
Old 12-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #1574
Carrieannew
DIS Veteran

Hey Everyone

Hope all had an awesome Christmas.

Mine was better than I could have asked for. Christmas eve we had a party with family in our new home as well as Christmas Day in our new home.

The first thing I opened was a letter from my brother and his wife... telling me they were going to renew my AP for me this year. I was speachless. Which anyone who knows me will know thats not often hehe.

Kayla does not believe in Santa anymore as I think once they do reach a certain age they are scared not to for fear of not getting presents or they dont want to disappoint there parents hehe. Which is all sweet. I miss those days of waiting till she got to sleep and sneaking. But I have to say it was nice to not have to do all that and just enjoy some more eggnog.. I might have had more than my share.

Dec 2005 - SSR, Dolphin & POP, Sept 2006 Asmo, Sept 2007 Asmo, Feb 2008 1st Solo Trip POP, May 2008 POP, June 2008 Asmo, Aug 2008 POP, Oct 2008 offsite, Dec 2008 POP, May 2009 POP Singles Take 2, Aug 2009 VWL & POP, May/June 2011 POFQ/ASmu, Oct 2011 POP, Dec 2011 SSR , Feb 12 Offsite, Sept/Oct 2012 AKV
Old 12-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #1575
MOREMICKEYFORME

Carrie- I understand about kids getting older and not believing anymore. My daughter is 16 and hasn't believed in awhile, but on Christmas eve when I was getting gifts under the tree for my 5 year old, she got so excited because I carried on the tradition of "one special present from Santa in your bedroom". For my son, I got a small fish bowl and a goldfish with a letter from Santa saying how it was his special fish and he was getting too busy making toys to take care of him and that the fish selected my son from the list of good boys and girls to live with forever. I placed the goldfish in my son's room with the letter and my daughter looked at me and said, "I LOVED it when you did this every year mom, this was ALWAYS the BEST part of Christmas. I am going to do this with my kids every year." I knew when she was little, she was always so happy to see that Santa went into HER room and left her something extra special, but she never vocally expressed it to me before. It was nice to know she appreciated it and she really enjoyed being a spectator in watching her brother get his special gift from Santa. It was a really special moment to enjoy with my 5 year old son and my (almost adult) daughter. Awe...getting warm fuzzy feelings just thinking about it...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: