Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
KylesGirl
Earning My Ears

Honeymoon trip!

Lucky lucky me...my fiance has agreed to go to WDW on our honeymoon! I have been to Disney a few times and have a fair bit of knowlege concerning the parks, etc., but I'm wondering what your top choice for a special night out would be while at WDW. We'll be doing a fair bit of touring, he's never been and I'm so excited to get to show him the World, so I'd really like to have one "wow" night there. Considering trying to get an ADR at V&A, but he's a bit picky and I don't want him to end up disappointed if that's all I have planned for the evening if he's not crazy about the food. Any suggestions?

ETA: We will be going 15-22 June of this year, so we'll need to book whatever we choose about a month ago lol
KylesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

First, it would help if we knew where you will be staying. My suggestion would be to make a day of it. Schedule a Segway Tour in Epcot(Full Version), then I would schedule a joint massage therapy at Mandara Spa(if he's not into that, book for yourself and send him off to the ESPN Zone or an afternoon with Carl at the Rose & Crown for a couple beers or maybe a relaxing afternoon by the pool), finally I would book California Grill hoping to get a time that Wishes will coincide with your dinner -you can watch from the overlook outside the restaurant. I think V & A might be pushing it for a picky eater. If you're not staying at/near the MK resorts take a cab back to your hotel -nothing worse than ending a perfect day with a round-about bus service. Believe me, it's worth the $15 -we know from experience.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

How fun! We also had a Disney honeymoon.

Where are you staying? One of the best things we've done so far was to take the Sunset Safari at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They take you out in a small open vehicle - right up to the animals. THen you get a four course meal at Jiko, their signature restaurant. However, you have to be staying at that resort to be able to book the tour.
JenSop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

COngrats! We had a Disney wedding and honeymoon this past July! A few suggestions that we loved:

First of all, we splurged and did the couples romantic massage at the Grand Floridian. It was his first and he's still talking about it. It was 50 mins of heaven. We both felt like we were walking on clouds the rest of the day.

California Grill in the contemporary would be my suggestion for a WOW dinner. We make reservations about 2 hours before the fireworks because we love to take our time here. The food is fabulous and after dinner we walk outside of the restaurant onto their catwalks to see and hear WISHES! It is a clear unobstucted view of Wishes.

Also, make sure when you book your reservations to tell them its your honeymoon and get the buttons when you check into your hotel. We got glasses of free champagne, free desserts, mickey confetti on our tables...it really added a special Disney touch to our celebration!

If you want any other info feel free to message me. I know how excited you must be Congrats again.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
KylesGirl
Earning My Ears

Right now we are booked at Pop, but just realized we are coming in way under budget for the wedding so are looking at upgrading. We do get a military rate, which helps a lot....I've only ever stayed on site at value resorts, we are thinking either POFQ or Coronado Springs. Being there in June, I am leaning away from CS because I've heard they have a lot of conventions there and the layout is confusing...of course, it will still be more quiet than a value resort, so it's an improvement either way.

I think a massage, California Grill followed by Wishes sounds perfect for our sleep-in day...I was thinking of trying to get one of the Illuminations cruises, since we went on a "booze cruise" in Hawaii for his birthday and loved it, but I've read a lot of mixed reviews about Illuminations (never saw it myself).

Thanks everyone for your input!
KylesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
DisTeacher07
Mouseketeer

Hi! Just wanted to say Congratulations!!!!

I had to pop over, I'll be getting married next May (after 6 years together) and honeymooning in Disney. I'm a Kyle's Girl too!!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Congrats! We had our Disneymoon last summer but have been vacationing at Disney as a couple for the past few years. Here are a few of the memorable things that we did that were a little different than just touring the parks.

-Luau at the Poly
-Rent a boat on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon(we did this when we were staying at WL and are planning on having lunch there so we can do it again this summer!)
-Lunch with an Imagineer
-Evening at Jellyrolls
-Character breakfast (I recommend Crystal Palace!)

And my favorite - Segway tour around World Showcase! This was fantastic!

We also have a Wishes cruise planned for our next trip. I try to plan a special thing for each trip!

Good luck! Have a great time!

Oh and Illumination? You can't miss it! It's incredible!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
finally I would book California Grill hoping to get a time that Wishes will coincide with your dinner -you can watch from the overlook outside the restaurant.
I would love to do this on our honeymoon this October, but how do you ensure that you get a view of the fireworks. My fiance says you can only see them if you are seated by the window. I wouldn't want to eat there unless I was certain we could see the Wishes fireworks... he proposed to me during Wishes!!!
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

The only way to truly plan it out would be to figure out what time Wishes will be starting the day you plan to go to the Cali Grill -then figure to book a reservation about 1-1/2 hours prior. But don't sweat it, whatever time you get for the reservation -ask the waiter to try to time your meal so wishes doesn't begin in the middle of your main course. If you don't have a window seat(of course it would be nice), you can still go out to the observation deck which is very romantic as well. We had just finished our main course when Wishes kicked off, so we went outside and watched the whole show then returned to order dessert.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Oh! I didn't know there was an observation deck. Maybe that could work! Thanks
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #11
meelkes10
Earning My Ears

Disneymoon

First and foremost, congratulations!!! My DH2B and I are Disneymooning in September and I've been scowering the internet for ideas on what to do while we're there.

The one thing that keeps popping up is this restaurant, I think it's in the "Swan and Dolphin" but I could be totally wrong - is Victoria and Albert's. It's definitely a splurge restaurant at almost $100/person but it's like 7 courses of food and a lot of it. And if you're honeymooning you get a special table and it's completely kid free. We're still not sure about it, ourselves.

Another thing you can do to help with honeymoon funds is Disney has a honeymoon registry. You need your confirmation code from your reservation but you can register for things like "shopping sprees" and different meals at different restaurants, even tickets and a dining plan.

You'll get a Disney Gift Card about 7-14 days after you open your registry and whatever people "purchase" on your registry, that amount of money goes onto that gift card - so if you get there and decide, "eh, I don't really want to the character breakfast, I'd much rather go to the the Tucker House for breakfast," you can!

Speaking of Tucker House, it's got an AMAZING breakfast! That's my recommendation from personal experience.

Have tons of fun!!! I hope for lots of "Pixie Dust" on your honeymoon!!!

Justin + Meagan =

meelkes10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
mr.bungle
DIS Veteran

My wife and I went for our honeymoon just over a year ago. We splurged knowing we'd never be able to do it again like that. We stayed at the WL Villas. But the best "romantic" thing we did was: dinner @ Artist Point and then a sleigh ride around the resort. We went in early December so it was cold and decorated for the holidays. We bundled up for the ride and it was fun. I also took her to La Nouba.
mr.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meelkes10 View Post
The one thing that keeps popping up is this restaurant, I think it's in the "Swan and Dolphin" but I could be totally wrong- is Victoria and Albert's. It's definitely a splurge restaurant at almost $100/person but it's like 7 courses of food and a lot of it. And if you're honeymooning you get a special table and it's completely kid free. We're still not sure about it, ourselves.

Another thing you can do to help with honeymoon funds is Disney has a honeymoon registry. You need your confirmation code from your reservation but you can register for things like "shopping sprees" and different meals at different restaurants, even tickets and a dining plan.

You'll get a Disney Gift Card about 7-14 days after you open your registry and whatever people "purchase" on your registry, that amount of money goes onto that gift card - so if you get there and decide, "eh, I don't really want to the character breakfast, I'd much rather go to the the Tusker House for breakfast," you can!
Congrats to all of ya'll!!!

V and A is in the Grand Floridian and we found it a very special experience on our Disneymoon!

The Disney Honeymoon Registry was perfect for us! A bit older than usual for marriage, we didn't need dishes, etc. So did Most of the gifts thru the Honeymoon Registry....it's great how it works....you can change your mind about what you want to do while you're there. For example, we ran out of time before our ressie at Narcosees, so we're going there for our 3rd Anniversary.

Happy Wishes for the rest of your lives!!!!

Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: