Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #61
jenny105
DIS Veteran

That's too funny! Just some random people. I wonder what their reaction was when they didn't see a picture of themselves on their camera!

That's a good plan for AK. I've never done the EMH there. We usually get pretty good shots of the safari but it's probably even better in the morning, when it's cooler and there's less people on the ride. I'll have to do that next time!

World Showcase in 15 min?? It takes me HOURS to get around there. Have you ever had the shaved ices in Japan? AWESOME!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 12-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #62
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

They probably werent to happy, we were going around the world showcase to burn up our fast pass time for test track.We did the world showcase in 15 minutes and we still had half an hour before our fast pass time was up for Test Track and we used that time to try and catch our breath that is why now when i go i walk slowly and go in all the areas. I will have to try the shaved ice there i have been in the resteraunt in Italy and Mexico they were ok i like the Italy one better than mexico(however the atmosphere in the mexico one was GREAT!) I have also heard from other people that there is a lady that makes candy for you in japan the pictures people have of the cany she has made for them is wonderful.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #63
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Definitely try an ice! The stand is right outside the pavillion, it's one of the first things you'll see if you're coming from the American side. Get the rainbow one. So good! We make a point of it to stop there on every trip.

I've never eaten at the Italian place but I have gone to the San Angel Inn. I'm a big fan of Mexican food and I absolutely LOVED it. I also like the counter service stand they have right outside. We've gone there a couple of times and probably will the next time we're there. I'm trying to think of new places to dine at but there are so many, I don't know where to start!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 12-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #64
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

We do the AK EMH every time we stay on site and it is worth it. I will def try the ice when we go. Last time i went we ate at the Sci Fi dine in theater at MGM (sorry DHS) it was good and i have eaten at the Brown Derby but i think everyone has eaten there we are doing it when we go this time since its our honeymoon and people have already paid for the fantasmic dinner package on our disney honeymoon registry. Have you ever seen illuminations is it worth seeing? I have seen the fireworks at MK and Fantasmic @ MGM but the last few times we have went we haven't stayed at epcot late enough to see the fireworks.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #65
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I've eaten at the Sci-Fi diner. I like the atmosphere but I didn't love the food. I got a pasta and it was just loaded with cheese and garlic. I haven't gone back since. Have you ever eaten at the Prime Time Cafe? I love it there and the food is pretty good.

I've seen Illumnations a couple of times. It's ok. They light up all the countries (except Morocco for religious reasons) and there's lasers & fireworks and a big lit up globe that spins and opens and closes. I think it's a little outdated compared to the other shows but it's worth seeing if you never have before. After that, it's not really a must see like the others.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 12-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #66
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

I think i have eaten there is that the one where you are told if you don't finish your meal you can't have dessert? My brother thought they were seriuos when we went and he got really upset. I had i think a burger at the Dine in theater so its pretty hard to Mess up somthing that easy. I like ohana's (except for some of the dipping sauces they give you). We are eating at CRT this trip i have never done that i have heard mixed reviews about it but I mainly just wanted to eat in the castle and its our honeymoon so we are using ou dining plan table services to eat there (thank goodness for disney honeymoon registry!) if people wouldn't have paid on other dining experiences we wouldn't be able to do it.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #67
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Yes, Prime Time is when the servers act like your aunt/uncle/cousin and tell you to keep your elbows off the table and finish your vegetables. I love it there. I had the fried chicken meal and it's soooo good. Last time we went to WDW, it was closed! So I'm definitely planning on going there next time.

I've never been to Ohana's. I hear they give you a lot of food though. I was also thinking about going to the Liberty Tree Tavern. Have you ever been there?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #68
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

Ohanas does give you alot of food but it is really good. I have never been to Liberty Tree Tavern but i have seen pictures of peoples food from there on one of the boards here and it looks great. I told my DFi that the next time we go we have to eat there. Like any good Disneyholic i have already planned out our ADRs so that when march 26th gets here i can call and make them.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #69
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm in the midst of picking what restaurants I want to go to. But I'm definitely booking them in March just like you! And the shore excursions too!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 12-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #70
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

I want to book the shore excursion in march but we have people paying on it for our honeymoon registry (my soon to be brother in law said he is gonna pay for it) but i am not sure how we pay for it with the registry if we book it early the information only says how to use it if you book it while on the ship and i am scared if we wait that long the excursion (the excursion has 2 times and only about 4-5 people pertime) we want on castaway cay will be booked.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #71
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Can you call them and explain the situation and maybe book it that way? What excursions are you looking into?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 12-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #72
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

There is only one it is the bottom fishing excursion on Castaway Cay they do it at 9am and 1pm and we want the 9am one so that we can relax at Serenity Bay the rest of the day. I am going to ask them whe i call to do our ADRs if i can do the excursion and pay with the gift card. In Nassau i think we are just going to the Straw Market and relax on the ship and use the pool i have never done that on any of the cruises i have been on. I think the next time we go on a Disney Cruise we will do the Atlantis Aqua Adventure it sounds really cool.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #73
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I've been to Nassau before and I'm not a huge fan. I was just planning to stay on the ship that day and take advantage of it being nearly empty and just relaxing. Unless there is a shore excursion that really appeals to me, that's the plan for now.

At Castaway Cay, I think we're going to do the 4 in 1 package. It's snorkeling, bike rental, feeding the stingrays, and innertube use for the whole day. I just want to hang out while I'm there!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 12-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #74
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

The only reason we are gonna go to the straw market is to get a tshirt and if i can find it a chram for my charm braclet. then we are gonna relax on the ship use the pool i have never had a day where we can just explore the ship i only get to go on short cruises i hope our next cruise is a week. i have done the snorkeling at CC it is fun but tiring i wanted to go to the adult beach b/c everytime i see the pictures of it no matter what time of year it looks deserted.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #75
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I've been on 5 and 7 night cruises so I've always had plenty of time to explore the ship. This will be my first 3 night and since we've done Nassau before, we figured we'd use that day to explore the ship, take pictures, and relax by the pool.

I've done snorkeling before and you're right, I was EXHAUSTED afterward. But it's so much fun! I was in the water for 2 hours and didn't even realize it!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: