Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #151
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

The more the merrier My DFi thought it was funny that the only three people on this board talking to each other are going as couples with no children with them. Also jen i can't say Jenny around my DFi w/o him trying to sound like tom hanks in Forest Gump so i have tried to refer to you as Jennifer so that i don't have to hear it i love him but i can only handle hearing Forest Gump once a month.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #152
m_kasch
DIS Veteran

Well, I went to apply for my passport yesterday!! Yea, I am excited to get one. Now, if I ever feel the urge to just leave the country or something...I can!! LOL!!

I started looking at shore excursions again (I love to plan!!), and the sealion experience looks pretty cool. They are just so cute!! I have done the Dolphin thing before in Mexico, which was really cool, so I'd like to try something new. Do either of you know if it is better to book the shore excursions in Nassau through Disney, or through the tour place directly? It seems to be a little cheaper to go right through the tour company, plus, you can make reservations ahead of time. I'm still not sure if we will get off the boat in Nassau or not, but a little planning never killed anyone!!

I was also reading through some of the old navigators yesterday, and the drinks of the day look really good!! It made me want myself a cocktail!! That goombay whatever drink that you guys were talking about before sounds really good (is that the right name? I am too lazy to look back right now...). I think I will have to try it next weekend with my DMIL at the Super Bowl Party!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #153
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

Yes it is called Goombay and it is GREAT!! There is a place here in Ga that has it on their drink menu but it is not good they added orange juice and used captain morgans spiced rum and banana rum which makes it taste really bad the best way to make it is one shot each of clear rum and malibu cocnut rum and half a shot of dark rum i think you can add more if you like but i make mine a little bit less strong since it has 3 rums in it and of course pineapple juice. The only problem i have found talking to my friends and family that have gone on other cruises they said the only draw back to booking directly through the excursion company is that they had to find their own transportation to the excursion but that was not with disney so i am not sure if they are the same.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #154
jenny105
DIS Veteran

You can call me Jen. I actually prefer that to anything else but it was taken on here! And I get the 'Jenny' thing all the time. My old manager used to do it and it drove me insane!!

I have to get my passport!! Do we have to have it by a certain date? I know when we pre-register or pre-checkin or whatever, Disney asks for a passport number. I have to stop procrastinating.

I looked into the sea lion excursion too! That'd be super cute!!! We haven't decided what we're doing that day either but I'm looking into our options...

We sound like a bunch of boozebags!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 01-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #155
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

Well at leats your first name doesn't irritate you as much as mine irritates me i of course was named after my grandmother PATSY!! so i get the Patsy Cline comments all the time (it makes it worse b/c she is one of my fav old country singers so they bug me about that) that is why i go by lainey (middle name is Elaine) but i guess it could have been worse my mom could have used my grandmothers middle name as my first name Lorretta We may sound like booze bags but we know how to have a good time I wish we could have goombay at our super bowl party since we are die hard Steelers Fans we are rooting for them in the Super Bowl and are having a Monster blow out with all of our family (we have the HD TV so everyone comes to our house)

Old 01-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #156
m_kasch
DIS Veteran

Okay well, my name is Mary. So, I get ALL of the typical, mary mary quite contrary, mary had a little lamb, "mary" christmas, blah, blah, blah. Quite the loverly name!! And the best part is, my Grandma's name was Mary, except that everyone called her by her middle name, Louise, and my mom (who didn't get along with my grandma so much) had no idea when she named me Mary that it was my grandma's name...so my grandma always thought that I was named after her even though I wasn't!!

For the passports, it says on the Disney site that they would like to have it at least 75 days prior to departure. I just got mine a little early because I signed up for clear (the airport security line), and I need it to enroll because my last name doesn't match my birth certificate and it is more complicated to get it with bc & marriage license. But i'm super excited to get clear, because every time I fly home from Orlando the security lines are LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

Tonight at dinner, my DH accused me of over-planning. The nerve!! I asked him if he would be interested in going to the sea lion experience, and he said he would think about it and let me know closer to the date. But he did think they were cute, so that is a good sign!!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #157
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

You can never OVER PLAN!! especially when disney is involved. my DFi calls me his disney tour guide and he said that where ever i go he will follow. I already have our WDW ADRs planned out for March when i can call and make them. Yeah i read that about the passport number on the website we are getting ours in Feb. What deck are yall on me and Jen are both on deck 7? This will be me first cruise with a veranda!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #158
m_kasch
DIS Veteran

Well, I (being the smart one) know that you can never over plan...and whenever he says anything about it, I say well what would you do if we didn't have any reservations??? And then he stops for a bit, LOL!!

Did you know that you can't make your dining reservations until 90 days now? So, if you are going in September, it would be June. I'm not sure how I feel about it...on one hand, I like that we don't have to decide so soon where to eat...on the other, I love to plan, and this really just delays the whole thing!!

I'm not sure what deck we are on yet, I just booked a GTY 12 with the hopes that maybe we will get upgraded. If not, I will be happy with the room that we get or I will try to upgrade at the port. We are planning to get there pretty early since I will be in Orlando the whole week before. We'll see!!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #159
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

Well that sucks i was hoping that i could make them in march which is 180 day sbut i guess since it is the same for anyone who is going to disney when we are that they can't make their reservations until june either which doesn't change the chance of us getting to eat where we want to eat. Well me and my DFi wont be at the port until i think 12 or 12:30 it depends on when the bus picks us up from the Poly that thursday since we are doing the land and sea this will be my first time doing the cruise and park in the same week and not having to worry about a car or getting gas. I can't wait til the Super Bowl GO STEELERS!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #160
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Hi girls! I've been MIA. It was my DBf's birthday on Thursday so I took him out to dinner on Friday night at Medieval Times and Saturday we went to Atlantic City. Sundy was a much needed recovery day. I was exhausted. I'm still tired today.

I think they changed the ADR policy recently. I looked it up online because I was going to make them for my clients but I can't yet! So we have to wait til what, June? I have to check the calculator on the info site.

Is parking still $15 a night at the port? We're most likely driving down to Orlando so we'll have a car on us at all times. Which is good considering I've heard the lines for the buses at POR can get out of control sometimes! I want to get to the port nice and early so we can get on the ship right away!

Do guarenteed rooms get upgraded a lot? Can you still get upgraded even if you already have an assigned cabin? Disney is partners with AAA so I want to throw in that I work for them at check in and see what happens

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 01-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #161
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Lainey - June 22nd is our ADR day! Maybe we should start a ticker for that!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu

Last edited by jenny105; 01-26-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #162
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

i was wondering where you went i began to miss my buddy Good i will have to put that on my calendar i will be calling as soon as it gets here since most of ours are at locations that i know book very early but i am trying to figure out what night fantasmic will show when we are there so far it looks like they have it showing the last 2 sundays of every month if they keep doing that i will be ok. i know that when we stayed at POFQ the lines werent that long but that is b/c it is a smaller resort than POR.
i have read on the poly sites that we all just meet in the lobby at 11 or 11:30 and we leave at 12 and they get us to the port when you are first allowed to board and since we wont have to check in i thinkwe can just go ahead and board which will be nice last time we had to stand in line for a while to get the paperwork done.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #163
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I can't stay away from the DIS for long. I got on this first thing at work this morning. I'm so productive.

They aren't showing Fantasmic every night anymore? I'll have to take that in consideration when I plan out what parks we're going to on what days. My DBf is like your DFi; he lets me plan and goes along with whatever!

I want to get on the boat ASAP since we really aren't on it for very long. I want to spend time exploring the ship before we depart. I can't wait!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 01-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #164
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Can I just say that I'm happy to see 7 months on my ticker? I remember when it was closer to a year!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 01-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #165
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

i looked at the calendars for fantasmic for the up coming months and it shows 2 nights a week and it also shows that they have it showing for the last 2 sundays of the month each month which if they keep to that it will be showing on the 20th which was the day i was planning on going there. I have already pretty much planned what days we are going to what parks it will be more concrete when we see what day they are gonna have MNSSHP. My DFi says just tell me where to go when we get there and i will follow. The earliest you can get on is either 12 or 12:30 and for us we don't have to wait to checkin since we will already have our stateroom keys lets just hope that my clumsy self doesn't loose the key between here and the ship

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: