Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #16
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse13 View Post
I love everyone's photos! Thanks for sharing. This is one of my favorite Photopass pics. We had no idea the photographer was framing DH's head in the Mickey head on the coaster until we got home and looked at the pics on our card. DH is a real character, so the photographer really nailed him on this shot.

We can't wait to pose for some more Photopass pics at Disneyland in just 10 more sleeps!
Your husband looks too funny and hip, with the very different images of the Beatles shirt and the Mickey ears happening. I want to get a photo taken in that exact spot, and I am slightly taller than my friends so I had better be the one with the ears!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #17
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Thanks Sherry. We had a LOT of fun on those two trips last year. The halloween trip we went to Mickey's Halloween Treat and had a blast! We had done the DW version and had a GREAT time. In fact the shirts dh and I are wearing in our pic are from the DW version. It rained the night we went but we still had a good time and it was SO much fun. The girls spent HOURS back in Woody's roundup with all the pumpkins and decorating cookies etc. It was just a blast!

And then we went back that first week of December for Candelight Procession and it was just incredible. Can you tell that the Disney Store is my fav? LOL. We own a LOT of Disney attire! Some people think we are geeks I am sure for wearing the matching clothes but I especially wanted to do it that night to get some neat Christmas photos and we took a LOT that trip. We got some great shots with the castle during the day AND night with all the decorations. It was truly a magical trip.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #18
mariezp
DIS Veteran

kelmac284 you inspire me to break out the Christmas shirts! Too bad I really have no extra room in my suitcases. Your photos are fantastic. BTW, my DD says your girls are all beautiful.

mariezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #19
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Thanks Sherry. We had a LOT of fun on those two trips last year. The halloween trip we went to Mickey's Halloween Treat and had a blast! We had done the DW version and had a GREAT time. In fact the shirts dh and I are wearing in our pic are from the DW version. It rained the night we went but we still had a good time and it was SO much fun. The girls spent HOURS back in Woody's roundup with all the pumpkins and decorating cookies etc. It was just a blast!

And then we went back that first week of December for Candelight Procession and it was just incredible. Can you tell that the Disney Store is my fav? LOL. We own a LOT of Disney attire! Some people think we are geeks I am sure for wearing the matching clothes but I especially wanted to do it that night to get some neat Christmas photos and we took a LOT that trip. We got some great shots with the castle during the day AND night with all the decorations. It was truly a magical trip.
I have truly loved everyone's photos on this thread so far (and believe me, I wouldn't say it if I didn't!), but I really think yours seem to convey the magic in a special way. Many people have magical trips to DLR but it doesn't always translate well in photos, and so people looking at the photos might not get an accurate sense of how magical the experience was. In the pumpkin picture (and those shirts are tie-dyed, right? Very cool!), the colors are so crisp and clear, and, as I said before, the girls hugging is precious, and it is so sunny and bright. And, again, that picture by the GCH tree in the lobby just really stirs my own memories of being there, two feet from where you are posing in it, listening to the carolers and people-watching. It looks like you could have easily taken that photo in a cozy cabin somewhere, or someone's home. It just looks really warm and Christmasy. And I do love the picture with the Castle backdrop at night. We didn't get a good one of the Castle but it was stunning to look at!

I know what you mean about people thinking you are a geek because of all the Disney clothes and what not. For many years, I was on a tear, buying all kinds of shirts and nightshirts and pants and socks and everything Disney at the stores and at the DLR stores. When I went to Disneyland in the old days, I wore my Mickey earrings, had my Mickey purse, wore a Mickey shirt - everything was Disney. And I know my friends thought I was ridiculous. Over time, I ran out of money but also, the styles seemed to change and I didn't like the stuff that I saw - like even now, at DLR, I couldn't find one single black t-shirt that I could agree with - and I just lost the urge to buy the clothes. But I am loving the whole tie-dyed renaissance that is happening, and I love the festive holiday sweaters!

Anyway, I will be back in DLR and I intend to hunt down the Photopass photographers by the pumpkin and everywhere else, but I really HOPE I can get back there to the GCH for Christmas! Your picture makes me want to get back there to stake out a place by the tree again! Keep posting more photos!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 09-16-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #20
kelmac284

Oh thank you. You are so sweet! That sweater I have on I got in DW in 05. I LOVE it but I have since lost 35 lbs so I will have to look for a new one when I go in NOV!

Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #21
kelmac284

This isn't photopass but I had to post this one. You talk about magic and I thought this was so awesome. We were just walking out getting ready to leave to go home and Mickey just walked up behind my dh and grabbed his hand. I am sure he thought it was me but he just went with it and they started walking hand in had for a bit. It was the cutest thing ever. And then Mickey led him over to a spot and then we took a group family photo.

But I just HAD to take a picture.

Anyway just thought I would share cuz it was too cute not too.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #22
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
This isn't photopass but I had to post this one. You talk about magic and I thought this was so awesome. We were just walking out getting ready to leave to go home and Mickey just walked up behind my dh and grabbed his hand. I am sure he thought it was me but he just went with it and they started walking hand in had for a bit. It was the cutest thing ever. And then Mickey led him over to a spot and then we took a group family photo.

But I just HAD to take a picture.

Anyway just thought I would share cuz it was too cute not too.

It is adorable, and I especially like the vantage point you have, taking the picture of their backsides! - it adds a different kind of whimsical feel to it, I think! It seems much more childlike and innocent shot from behind than if you had snapped it from the front. It reminds me of something you would see in a DLR brochure advertising Halloweentime at the two parks!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #23
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

There is something special about Mickey ears shots ! I just love looking at these. Here are some more "classic" poses

The King and queen of the prom pose

The Peter Pan you can fly pose

The hang loose pose

next.......
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #24
Kaler131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse13 View Post
I love everyone's photos! Thanks for sharing. This is one of my favorite Photopass pics. We had no idea the photographer was framing DH's head in the Mickey head on the coaster until we got home and looked at the pics on our card. DH is a real character, so the photographer really nailed him on this shot.

We can't wait to pose for some more Photopass pics at Disneyland in just 10 more sleeps!
LOVE it!!!!

WDW Trips: Offsite 1984,1994,1997,2000 ; ASMu 1999,2009, 2012 ;ASsp 2001 ; Poly/OKW 2002 ; POP 2005,2006,2007, 2008, 2012, 2013; HRH ; DLR 2012; AOA 2013; POFQ 2013; CBR 2013; BCR 2013
Kaler131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #25
Kaler131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
It is adorable, and I especially like the vantage point you have, taking the picture of their backsides! - it adds a different kind of whimsical feel to it, I think! It seems much more childlike and innocent shot from behind than if you had snapped it from the front. It reminds me of something you would see in a DLR brochure advertising Halloweentime at the two parks!
OMG! That's awesome!! So sweet!

WDW Trips: Offsite 1984,1994,1997,2000 ; ASMu 1999,2009, 2012 ;ASsp 2001 ; Poly/OKW 2002 ; POP 2005,2006,2007, 2008, 2012, 2013; HRH ; DLR 2012; AOA 2013; POFQ 2013; CBR 2013; BCR 2013
Kaler131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #26
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaler131 View Post
OMG! That's awesome!! So sweet!
I am glad you resurrected this thread, Kaler - I realized, when looking at the pictures again today, what a happy thread it is! All the pictures came out so clearly and so great of everyone and they are very festive! Hopefully, if we just keep this thread active (or maybe it can be made into a sticky?), people will start posting a lot through the holiday season.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #27
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Omg, all of these are waaay too cute!! I'll post mine when I get home!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #28
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Bump...

I see that quite a few of us are using PhotoPass these days, so just wondering if anyone has anything new to share. I may post a couple from the October trip, but the colors are kind of drab and dreary in a lot of them, so I have to try to pick the best or the cheesiest of the bunch!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #29
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

I'll post some of mine soon too! I just ordered my CD with over 2100 pix so I'm sure I'll have a few "cheesy" ones to share (and some good ones as well). I was able to combine WDW trip and multiple visits to DLR on this CD.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #30
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
I'll post some of mine soon too! I just ordered my CD with over 2100 pix so I'm sure I'll have a few "cheesy" ones to share (and some good ones as well). I was able to combine WDW trip and multiple visits to DLR on this CD.
I was hoping you would catch this thread, Disneydaz - I partially resurrected it so you and a few of the other recent PP users would post some things! And you have TONS to choose from, with different holiday effects and all! Can't wait to see them. I don't know why mine seem so drab and colorless and lifeless! They don't look as fun and peppy as the other ones on here do! Maybe during the holidays, they will look better!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: