Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

Photopass poses - The cheesier the better!

I'll start off with a few.....

The Tower of terror scream

The classic 1-2-3 pose going left.....

Going right......

and straight on till morning!

and ending with the "Big man on campus" pose

so, lets see your most creative!
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

.... Boise St. Huh? Hawaii gonna get ya again this year!

Other than the BS sweaters they are great pics!
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
Judy from Boise
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

Ha! No way Jose! The very cool thing this year is our starting QB is a freshman!

OK.....back to the thread
Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
jasy
California Dream'n

Here's a few from our trip in March

"Mickey Ears"

Typical Tower of Terror

"eek it's Stitch!"
jasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #5
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Here's a few of ours:

mariezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 AM   #6
Judy from Boise
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

very cute ! I think photopass is such a great invention......
Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #7
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

How fun! We didn't use photopass last trip. We were so busy running around from ride to ride. I also know our teen boys would never have posed for it. I love the little characters they add. Do you ask them for that? How does that work?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #8
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I have yet to try Photopass - but that will happen in just over two weeks! I must say to Judy, and the others who have posted your pictures on this thread so far, that everybody looks GREAT in them! It seems to me that I have seen some other Photopass pictures in different places, and, while the background setting or theme is nice, the people don't always look as happy or as photogenic. But all of the photos posted on this thread that I have seen so far are GREAT! You can tell that all of you are having a really great time - the families look happy too! Now I will be paranoid that my inaugural Photopass sessions will not come out as nicely! I know the photographers will do a nice job, but I don't know how my friends and I will look in them!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #9
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Sherry E, don't worry! You will get some great photos! Just take advantage of the Photopass photographers every chance you get. We did have some photos that were not as good as others but they have always looked at them to make sure everyone's eyes are open, etc and will take more photos if the first one is not good.

Sad to say, but our Disneyland photos are the only "family portraits" we have taken over the last several years. (We just never get around to going to the photographers.) BUT, you are right, everyone looks happy so I guess they make a pretty good family photo after all!

This year I have got to look for some of the photo spots where they add the characters! They are soooo cute!

mariezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
Sherry E, don't worry! You will get some great photos! Just take advantage of the Photopass photographers every chance you get. We did have some photos that were not as good as others but they have always looked at them to make sure everyone's eyes are open, etc and will take more photos if the first one is not good.

Sad to say, but our Disneyland photos are the only "family portraits" we have taken over the last several years. (We just never get around to going to the photographers.) BUT, you are right, everyone looks happy so I guess they make a pretty good family photo after all!

This year I have got to look for some of the photo spots where they add the characters! They are soooo cute!
Yes, your family looks like they are having a lot of fun! Sometimes in pictures - of families or friends - you can see that most folks are having fun, but there is always that one who is forcing a smile, or not even trying to smile! Not so in these Photopass pictures! Everyody looks happy to be there! I am a big goofball with pictures from way back. I was always the one with the camera as a teenager, snapping all kinds of silly, candid pictures or making people pose and my friends would want to throttle me. Now, of course, they all want copies! I will get in any silly pose, I will get in a picture with any character - even if I don't recognize the character - and I will ham it up, even if I loook terrible doing it! I am kicking myself that I didn't pursue the Photopass option last year. I had two opportunities in two separate trips last year, and December would have been the best, because I had the right group of friends together at one time - and it is not easy to get that specific group together in one place - and I would have loved to get some really nice pictures of all of us. We had a waitress at RFC take a picture, and not only was it too dark, but she didn't center it, so we are all off to one side. That was the only group photo taken. I think I was just uneducated about the whole Photopass system. I probbaly assumed there were fees required for each picture, or I assumed it wasn't necessary because we all had our own cameras. Now, I know better, and I am educated, but I will not have the right people together again! Oh well. I will take advantage of every Photopass photographer I see because it really seems like they do a great job with the pictures. I like the idea of the one in Pirate's Lair, where it loks like you are battling Captain Hook or somebody. Or maybe you are battling Jack Sparrow? Hmm...Oh well, it's a cute idea. And I love the idea of the Haunted Mansion entrance, with the hitchhiking ghosts and all that.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #11
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

I don't know how many I have loaded on photobucket but here are a few I found

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #12
kelmac284

Here are a few more

Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #13
kelmac284

Opps that last one was taken with my camera. I couldn't tell when I was looking at photobucket but I have one exactly like it that the photopass people took that's why I thought it was a photopass one LOL.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #14
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Kelmac, love, Love LOVE your photos! First of all, it makes me so excited to get to DLR in two weeks and stand in front of that big pumpkin. Last year, when we wanted lots of pumpkin pics, it was pouring rain! I love the two little girls hugging - that is adorable! And I LOVE the picture by the Grand Californian tree - oh, yes, I recognize it because my friend and I staked out a seat right next to that tree for a couple of hours and listened to carolers and watched people sit in that exact same chair to pose where you are posing! We even took some pictures of people in the chairs. I love that hotel and that tree! Anyway, your picture is so wonderful because it truly SAYS 'Christmas.' It epitomizes the season in color and wardrobe and location and mood of the picture and everything. Just wanted to tell you that! I can't wait to get back to DLR for Halloween stuff and for Christmas!

Last edited by Sherry E; 09-16-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #15
Mouse13
DIS Veteran

I love everyone's photos! Thanks for sharing. This is one of my favorite Photopass pics. We had no idea the photographer was framing DH's head in the Mickey head on the coaster until we got home and looked at the pics on our card. DH is a real character, so the photographer really nailed him on this shot.

We can't wait to pose for some more Photopass pics at Disneyland in just 10 more sleeps!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: