Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #16
suzimar57
when i do put some makeup on, he's stunned!
loose screw i find in his work pants
It's cheesy, in a fun sort of way!

enjoyed your sci-fi review so far - sorry it was so cold in there for you! (as well as the ribs) - hoping the other restaurants are better!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #17
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

I am thinking of changing our Sci Fi ressie, but I am so sick of changing things around! Maybe if we just order burgers and fries and a milkshake, how bad can it be?
We love Sci-Fi, but I always order a burger and fries. My wife likes the blue cheese steak salad and the onion rings.
I think that sticking to basic food items at Sci-Fi is a good idea as the kitchen seems to be able to handle that better. Sad, because the atmosphere is awesome! Too bad the food doesn't live up to that.

Oh..and I totally agree with Monica (my name is Monika, btw ) Sci-Fi is FREEZING! We went in June, when it was hotter than the surface of the sun outside. Inside Sci-Fi, I wanted a coat!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #18
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I can't think of a better place for a honeymoon. I'm looking forward to both of your reviews! It's like getting a 2 for one deal!

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #19
habg1
DIS Veteran

Happy honeymoon! Congrats!

Looking forward to more...
Old 09-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #20
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Congratulations to the bride and groom! Great start on your reviews!

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #21
FanOfPixar
Mouseketeer

Disney World -- Off site -- Senior High Class trip -- 1986
Disney World -- Polynesian -- 1987 -- last trip w/parents
Disney Land -- 1997-2001 -- Many trips, my boss’s favorite place to take clients
Disney Land -- 2004 -- Offsite --Started my pin addiction!!!
Disney World -- 2005 -- Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney World - - 2006 -- Pop Century
Disney World -- 2007 -- All Stars Music
Disney World - Oct. 2008 Grand Floridian & Port Orleans French Quarter

My Oct. 2007 Food Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1623724
My Oct. 2008 Food Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1982334
FanOfPixar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #22
Nie0214
DIS Veteran

Subbin'

I just got back yesterday too, and it was SO cold in almost all of the buildings. I thought I was going to die in Coral Reef.
Nie0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #23
Tera_&_Gibson
Mouseketeer

Congrats to you two!! Now get on the reviews!! I am interested in them all and we leave next Tuesday

Sept 17-22 at All Stars Music!!
Tera Jeremy Gibson(5)
Tera_&_Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #24
cmf06
Mouseketeer

First off congratulations! Second. . can't wait to hear more!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #25
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I am looking forward to two reviews in one.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #26
Monica20039
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
Congratulations! You're report is off to a great start (so glad I didn't book Sci-Fi!). Subscribing.
Yeah Sci-Fi seems to be a hit or miss type of place. I would say if you absolutely must go there, have low expectations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w-family View Post
I am looking forward to reading more of your husband's "witty comments" (my husband says the same thing - no one is ever as funny as he is! ) Anyways keep it coming and congrats on your wedding. We just celebrated our 9 year anniversay on 9/4.
Congrats on 9 years of marriage! That's wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Oh my goodness- you are to cute!!!!

Okay, with that out of the way.....We HMed at Disney, too. We didn't do the dining plan and were kicking ourselves for it! Subbing....your report looks like alot of fun.
We cannot imagine ever going to Disney and not being on the DDP. For us it was easy and a great value!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybobandy View Post
I like you already! Can't wait for more!
Yay! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
First off congrats!

Secondly, great reviews and pictures.

I am thinking of changing our Sci Fi ressie, but I am so sick of changing things around! Maybe if we just order burgers and fries and a milkshake, how bad can it be?
True- a burger, fries, and milkshake can't be all that bad, but you could also get that as a CS. I send you lots of Pixie Dust and I hope your experience is better than ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I'm signing on....
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpooh View Post
Congratulations!
I definitely am looking forward to reading your reviews (and your DH's!)
Make sure you give the details of how the ADR's got switched around when you were there...sounds familiar!
Oh yes...I will gladly elaborate as to who (not why, but who) made me change things around. I have a feeling at our next Disney trip a certain someone will be more active in the food plans.
Monica20039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #27
Monica20039
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelPrincess View Post
Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about Tutto!
Tutto is lovely! A must for anyone who loves Italian food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I'm in as well! And ... CONGRATS to you!
Thanks! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzimar57 View Post
enjoyed your sci-fi review so far - sorry it was so cold in there for you! (as well as the ribs) - hoping the other restaurants are better!
Yes, they are tons better...stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
We love Sci-Fi, but I always order a burger and fries. My wife likes the blue cheese steak salad and the onion rings.
I think that sticking to basic food items at Sci-Fi is a good idea as the kitchen seems to be able to handle that better. Sad, because the atmosphere is awesome! Too bad the food doesn't live up to that.

Oh..and I totally agree with Monica (my name is Monika, btw ) Sci-Fi is FREEZING! We went in June, when it was hotter than the surface of the sun outside. Inside Sci-Fi, I wanted a coat!
I wanted a coat as well...maybe gloves too. I was *so* excited to get back into the Florida humidity when dinner was over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Congratulations! I can't think of a better place for a honeymoon. I'm looking forward to both of your reviews! It's like getting a 2 for one deal!
Disney is the perfect place for a honeymoon! When else can you have all that fun with free food thrown in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habg1 View Post
Happy honeymoon! Congrats!

Looking forward to more...
Thanks! Pull up a chair and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Congratulations to the bride and groom! Great start on your reviews!
Glad you're enjoying our reviews. We enjoyed eating, and we are enjoying writing all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanOfPixar View Post
Yummy popcorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nie0214 View Post
Subbin'

I just got back yesterday too, and it was SO cold in almost all of the buildings. I thought I was going to die in Coral Reef.
I did notice it's cold almost everywhere indoors at Disney! I hate the drastic temperature changes. Are you missing it already? I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera_&_Gibson View Post
Congrats to you two!! Now get on the reviews!! I am interested in them all and we leave next Tuesday
Yes ma'am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf06 View Post
First off congratulations! Second. . can't wait to hear more!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
Congratulations! I am looking forward to two reviews in one.
Daniel thinks everyone will like his reviews better...we shall see!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #28
Monica20039
Mouseketeer

Lightbulb Daniel's Sci-Fi Review!

Finally Daniel types up his review...

Here it is!

The Sci-Fi Theater Drive-in Diner played host to the first of our table service meals at Disney. Monica and I had a very short wait before being seated in the back of an old muscle behind a family of four. It felt awkward being seated so close to strangers, but that feeling soon wore off as the restaurant was very loud. The restaurant was also quite chilly, making me regret the flip-flops I’d chosen to wear. Oh well.

My plate.

The menu for the Sci-Fi was pretty vanilla, featuring sandwiches, burgers and chuck steaks. It also included ribs, which is what I chose as my entrée. To compliment my ribs, I ordered a cucumber melon salad to be served along with some coleslaw. The ribs lacked the “ooh and ahh” power of ribs ordered at other restaurants, but the meat was tender and the flavor was good. The salad and slaw were both good as well, which is surprising because I don’t think I’ve ever found coleslaw I’ve liked, but I ate most of this one. I washed down my meal with a refreshing raspberry lemonade.

My dessert.

After dinner, we were treated to a tasty dessert. I chose a basic cheesecake as the other choices didn’t interest me. It wasn’t the best cheesecake, but it sufficed. The meal as a whole was ok. The food was brought out quickly and our server was adequate. However, we went into the meal at the Sci-Fi with high expectations which were not necessarily met. I scored the meal as follows:

Taste

Originality

Service

So, the Sci-Fi, our first meal in Disney, earned a 16 on the 30 point scale I devised. Is the scale similar to Iron Chef’s? Of course. Bite me. Next up, I’ll review a table service meal that will flirt with a score of 30.

Get us out of here, we're freezing!

Monica's Notes: Hold up...when did we change from a scale of 1-10 to the Iron Chef system of 30?! Thanks for letting me know.

So here's my score on the new Daniel-devised-point-system-stolen-from Food-Network:

Taste: 5
Originality: 2
Service: 8

15/30

Boys!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #29
Michelle_and_Aaron
Mouseketeer

You guys seem like a lot of fun I want to stick around and read more for sure! Oh and congrats on getting married!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #30
Monica20039
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Day 2- Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons

On Tuesday Daniel and I got up bright and early to head out to Epcot for morning Extra Magic Hours (EMH). We decided to try and find some sort of breakfast place in Epcot to eat at. I pulled up the confirmed snack thread from the dining board, but didn't see anything yummy for breakfast. Then I grabbed an Epcot brochure and looked for the B (B for breakfast) and found that Sunshine Seasons serves breakfast.

Well, it can wait.

We went to Mission Space and Test Track first, and then started to venture into the other side of the park to look for Sunshine Seasons.

We couldn't find it. I'm getting frustrated. I have adult ADD (not really, but seems like it...oh look, a squirrel!) and see a sign for Soarin. Well, we go in and there it is...Sunshine Seasons!

Daniel and I decide to share a breakfast to save a CS credit and to not be too stuffed for our ADR at noon over at Tutto Italia. We decide on the bacon, egg and cheese croissant.

Yummy!

We walk up to the cashier and the CM tells us to get another drink and to go grab a cookie. I say, "I don't want a cookie." He says, "It's free because of your Just Married button."

Don't have to tell me twice... I go get the free cookie and extra drink. While sitting down, Daniel and I talk about how exciting it is to get a free drink and cookie (we're easy to please). Well, turns out we were entitled to get 2 drinks for breakfast on the dining plan, but we still did get a free cookie, so yay!!

FREE!

We split the croissant and I really liked it! It wasn't too greasy and I did think the portion was big enough to share. I had a diet coke (keeping with my no drinking of calories theory) and then we also split the cookie. The cookie was moist and chocolatey and free! Free=delicious (most of the time).

Overall, my scoring on the Daniel/Food Network scale is as follows:

Taste: 7
Originality: 4
Service: 7 (hard to rate this one at a CS, but the CM/cashier was friendly, guy at the bakery was not a morning person)

Total: 18/30

Cost:
1 CS credit
1 Just Married Button/1 Wedding
Cash Cost: $14.00 (including cookie)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: