Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #121
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I have what's probably a stupid ?

DH and I have reserved a LVC room, , in the Hawaii building for our anniversary celebration trip in March 09! Do they have room with just one king size bed or are they all 2 double?

No biggie, I just make DH sleep alone, a la The Flintstones or I Love Lucy! LOL!! He'll love that!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #122
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatater View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Just wanted to stop in give a very quick update.

First, there is nothing like waking up to the wonderful castle view in the morning!! I'm thinking about taking a picture and having a life like mural put on my bedroom at home since they won't allow me to live here.

Last night we did the Breathless Illuminations Cruise and for now, all I will say is WOW!!! I will write more later with details about that and other things that happened yesterday.

This morning we are off to Typhoon Lagoon. We have early dinner ressies at WWC and then we might head over to MK for Spectromagic.

I'll be back later...
Oh, I'm sure they'd be happy to allow you to take up residence. . .for a price, of course.

Thanks for all of your updates--so much fun reading the adventures of others.
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #123
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post

DH and I have reserved a LVC room, , in the Hawaii building for our anniversary celebration trip in March 09! Do they have room with just one king size bed or are they all 2 double?

No biggie, I just make DH sleep alone, a la The Flintstones or I Love Lucy! LOL!! He'll love that!

The rooms have 2 queen beds.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #124
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
First, there is nothing like waking up to the wonderful castle view in the morning!! I'm thinking about taking a picture and having a life like mural put on my bedroom at home since they won't allow me to live here.
Thanks for posting LIVE!!

I have several pictures of that awesome view, and one of them is my computer wallpaper, and I also printed out that picture and hung up on the wall over my desk at work so I can see that view any time I want. Here's the pic I'm referring to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Be sure to ask for your Anniversary pins.

As already mentioned, the rooms in Hawaii all have 2 queen beds (plus the daybed). I really wish they'd offer some rooms in CL that have a king bed, but it's not a deal-breaker for us.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 09-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #125
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydangel68 View Post
Will keep an eye out for the LGMH. We are a family of 3, DH and I are Pooh sized, DS is 4 and we have a black egg shapped stroller. One of us is usually carrying a pirate themed backpack.

We were also disappointed with the pool closing yesterday due to the storm. We headed over to the MK as we had dinner at LTT at 7pm, so thought we'd ride a few things first.

We got WET, very very WET, but had a blast. Walked on to Buzz, Laugh Floor, Tomorrowland People Mover and Stitch.

This morning had breakfast at Chef Mickey's and lunch at Captain Hooks. I did notice that funky smell yesterday, but it is gone today. The chicken ceasar salad was good and of course I had a Dole Whip.

We spent most of the time since breakfast in the pool as it's nice and hot, but relatively low humidity. Tonight we are heading to MNSSHP, so DS is napping as it will be a late night.

For the person who asked about the tonic water, I did notice that they have tonic in the upstairs gift show near the monorail.

We are loving our stay here the resort is fabulous, although very quiet as Stephanie mentioned. So much less crowded than ASMu where we spent the past week. Even the pool is not that busy and there are definitely people pool hopping here as yesterday when they closed the pool, I heard a few families say they would go to Captian Cooks and wait till the pool reopened. They have so many bags and fully loaded strollers that I am sure they were not staying here. They closed the pool deck too so everyone had to leave.

That's it for now.

Cheers
Angela
Thanks for the live report!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 09-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #126
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Thanks for posting LIVE!!

I have several pictures of that awesome view, and one of them is my computer wallpaper, and I also printed out that picture and hung up on the wall over my desk at work so I can see that view any time I want. Here's the pic I'm referring to:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Be sure to ask for your Anniversary pins.

As already mentioned, the rooms in Hawaii all have 2 queen beds (plus the daybed). I really wish they'd offer some rooms in CL that have a king bed, but it's not a deal-breaker for us.
Thanks Seaspray for the wonderful pic! Perfect pic to loose yourself in at work!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #127
momatater
DIS Veteran

Hi again! I have a few extra mins right now so I'm gonna try and fit in as much as I can.

As I mentioned earlier, last night we went on the Breathless Illuminations Cruise. We met at the Yacht Club Marina and took off from there. We had a wonderful driver, thanks again Heather Leigh! She really opened up the throttle a bit and gave us really fun ride. She wanted to do some figure 8's in from of HS, but there were too many boats, but she did do some fast circles and got my DH and youngest DS sitting in the back a little wet! We then proceeded on to the viewing area under the bridge and we had the BEST seat in the house! We felt like royalty because everyone around was waving to us. Maybe they thought we were famous or something! My kids loved it. After the show and we docked, we decided instead of cutting back through Epcot, we would just take the bus from the Yacht Club to DTD, then the bus to the Poly. I knew better, but the kids didn't want to walk, so we gave it a whirl. It took over an hour to get back to the Poly. Next time, I'll spend the money on a cab! (or drive, since we have a car, but we didn't drive to Epcot not realizing how tired we'd be afterwards) Live and learn!!

We went to TL today. Got there a few minutes before rope drop and it was pretty quiet. Found a GREAT spot under a large umbrella and settled in. This was a perfect place to relax in the shade, over by Crush'n gusher. Very quiet on that beach. Went and did some slides and the lazy river and finally returned to our stuff to relax a bit around 12 noon. This is when things got interesting.....when we returned, there was a British family of 5 that had moved in under our umbrella. First let me say this...being that they were British didn't and wouldn't have phased me in the least, but they were the one that pulled the Americans are rude card on me, as you will soon see, so that's the ONLY reason I mentioned it.
So, as we approach our stuff, my DH and DS's decided to go on Crush 'n gusher and I decided to sit. To make a long story short, when you look around the beach, there are literally at least a hundred or more empty chairs, but they have decided they wanted my spot and moved my stuff back away from the center of the umbrella and kind of "took over" our spot. I smiled as I came up and they didn't even so much as look at me, that is until I pulled my lounge chair back up under towards the middle. The continued to carry on about their business, but I was a little upset that they thought it was ok just to move me out of their way. I DO NOT do well with that kind of rudeness at all!!! Now, when I approached, if they would have something to me like, I hope you don't mind if we share or whatever, ok great. But NO, not even a smile.

Ok, so I sit and stew on this for about 10 mins and finally I just had to say something. I very politely said "I'm sorry, but I find this a little awkward that I returned to my spot and found you all have taken over" Well, you would have thought I said something to cause WWIII! They immediately got defensive (my guess is because they knew they were wrong) and ganged up on me. One of them asked me "where do you suppose we sit?" What?? Look around, 100 or more so empty chairs!!! PICK ONE!!!! No, I didn't say it exactly like that, but close!! Well, by the time it was all said and done, they did move and I became dubbed the rudest American ever! (which according to them, all Americans are rude anyway!) I wished them a wonderful day as they were leaving and moved my stuff back where it belonged!! Now, if the beach was crowded and there was no where else to sit or go, or if they had taken a moment to say hello or something when I first returned, this could have and would have been avoided. Oh well, glad that's over with.

So, tonight it's off to WCC for dinner. This is our first time, so I'm eager to check it out. Then, Spectro if I get my way, we'll see.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try and report later tonight, if not, tomorrow!!

As Tigger would say...TTFN!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #128
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Stephanie - thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to let us know all the wonderful (and not so wonderful!) things that you and your family are enjoying!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #129
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Okay Poly Experts...

We will be there before Christmas and plan on doing the bulk of our Christmas gift shopping. I know the shops will send stuff to your home if you want, but what if I wanted to put it all in one box?

Will the front desk assist me in shopping a box home? Do they have the boxes and shipping materials? I am also thinking of shipping a box down to with some stuff to save on suitcase space so I may need to ship that back too!

Thank you in advance for your answers!
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 09-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #130
FreFam5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, you would have thought I said something to cause WWIII! They immediately got defensive (my guess is because they knew they were wrong) and ganged up on me. One of them asked me "where do you suppose we sit?" What?? Look around, 100 or more so empty chairs!!! PICK ONE!!!! No, I didn't say it exactly like that, but close!! Well, by the time it was all said and done, they did move and I became dubbed the rudest American ever! (which according to them, all Americans are rude anyway!) see

UGH - that would get me too!!!! Like you said - if the beach was totally crowded - then okay - they needed to sit- you weren't sitting at the time - so be it. But to just take over and to not even say anything - that would drive me crazy.

I am glad you spoke up though.

I am loving your life report - makes me feel like I am there (and for what it's worth - I would have been a rude American if they took my spot!!!)

Missing the World!!!!

Poly - October 2008
Old 09-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #131
TheRider
Earning My Ears

Stephanie, thanks again for the updated reports. We are there the 15th-22nd with the first 4 nights GV at the poly and then 3 at the dolphin. Hey, how crowded is the resort and did you hear about any upgrades or problems with room requests?

Thanks,
Jim
2003 Swan
2008 Poly GV
2009 Coronado Springs Sept 15th-22nd and celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary (well that is Oct 23rd, but hey FREE DINING!)

Old 09-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #132
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
We will be there before Christmas and plan on doing the bulk of our Christmas gift shopping. I know the shops will send stuff to your home if you want, but what if I wanted to put it all in one box?

Will the front desk assist me in shopping a box home? Do they have the boxes and shipping materials? I am also thinking of shipping a box down to with some stuff to save on suitcase space so I may need to ship that back too!

Thank you in advance for your answers!
We have shipped boxes to and from almost every WDW resort. I usually include a roll of packing tape and a mailing label in the box I ship down to use for the return mailing.

Guest Services has always been able to provide what we needed. However, if you are going to ship a box down, consider making it a slightly larger box so that you fill it with your purchases!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #133
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

STEPHANIE...I'm totally lovin' your LIVE report. Thanks for thinking of us unlucky ones who are still sittin' at home! It helps keep up the excitment level!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We have shipped boxes to and from almost every WDW resort. I usually include a roll of packing tape and a mailing label in the box I ship down to use for the return mailing.

Guest Services has always been able to provide what we needed. However, if you are going to ship a box down, consider making it a slightly larger box so that you fill it with your purchases!
This is a great idea!!! So anything you purchase, gets delivered to your hotel and then before you leave, you can take the box with everything up to the front desk and they'll ship it out for you? Do they send it FedEx, UPS, US Postal service??? Or will they do it however you want it done?? AWSOME idea!

Melanie

Old 09-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #134
cdotla
Trish

I am too late in asking, as I already have 6 packages on their way to the Poly. However...will I be charged a handling fee?

I had 10 packages shipped to CBR last Sept and didn't get charged a cent.

Then in June of this year I had 3 boxes shipped to the Yacht Club and was charged I believe about $20.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #135
MinnieMom
Because everyone needs a little magic in their life!

Coffee

Are there filters in the rooms for the coffee pots? What about sugar? I plan on bringing my own creamer for sure because, as dh says, I'm a "creamer snob!" But, I'd rather not have to drag along sugar and filters if I don't have to! Thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: