Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:53 AM   #76
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Are there ipod alarm clocks in the rooms, as in the Yacht Club? (Not keen on packing my ipod speakers!)
No. Unfortunately there are not. At least not as of the end of July. The rooms have pretty basic, black digital alarm clock radios.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #77
BootsJessie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
No. Unfortunately there are not. At least not as of the end of July. The rooms have pretty basic, black digital alarm clock radios.
They don't. We were just there last week and just your standard clock radio.
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #78
DLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
Aloha everyone - Anyone joining me at the Poly in November?
Woo hoo - we will be there Nov. 12 - 16th. Our first stay at the Poly. We are looking forward to it. Growing up (as you can see below - all offsite) I never dreamed I would stay on site non the less the Poly (or the GF last year).
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
Old 09-11-2008, 07:30 AM   #79
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToDavis View Post
We are going back 12/6/08 and can't wait! We are a bit disappointed that Hawaii is all booked up, but we've reserved a lagoon view and hope to get the Tahiti building. I know there are no guarantees, but is there a way to request ahead of check in? Also, which floor is best to request? We had 3rd floor last trip and it was really nice. I'm thinking our 4 year old son would like being on the first floor so we can easily go outside to play in the sand. Thoughts?
Just call the reservations number and ask them to note your room request info on your reservation.

If I had a young child, I would definately request a 1st floor room at the Poly, based on what so many others have said.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #80
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydangel68 View Post
I can't believe it's almost time for us to check-in to the Poly. I am so excited. We have been anticipating this stay for almost a year when we first started planning our WDW vacation.

I hope it lives up to our expectations.

We just spent a week at ASMu and honestly it way exceeded our expectations, however I think part of that was that my expectations were low and also that we had a family suite and that extra space influenced my feelings.

Will update on the Poly as we go, we are there for 5 nights.

Let me know if there are any pics or questions that you want.

Cheers
Angela
Have a great trip . Take alot of pics.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #81
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Aloha, Angela! Have a great trip!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #82
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone. One day closer!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #83
MamaToDavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Just call the reservations number and ask them to note your room request info on your reservation.

If I had a young child, I would definately request a 1st floor room at the Poly, based on what so many others have said.
Thanks, we'll do!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #84
Mousecat
Earning My Ears

If you have the right cable, you can plug your iPod into the television and use that as your speakers.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #85
MamaToDavis
Mouseketeer

TV channels or story hour?

Have they added any new TV channels in the rooms for kids? I remember there was very little programming for the preschool set, with the exception of Playhouse Disney in the morning. We were up and out very early and would go back to the room for a break midday. This is when DS would relax and watch some tube before we'd head back out. Last time around we had a DVD player in the room, but we're doing a standard room this time.

Is there a way to connect our computer or a portable DVD player to the TV? Did they ever bring back story hour in the evening? Our DS is older now, and I am sure we won't be in the room as much this time around, but I want to be prepared just in case.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #86
AUDramaQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
Hey we're going 12/09 also! (12/2 - 12/9) I'm starting to fret over my dates, however, since it seems I'll have very LITTLE hope of a discount coming out! ARGH! I'm thinking of switching to Nov in HOPES that if a discount comes available that I'll have a set of dates that works! Anyone know if a code/discount comes out...do they apply it to your current res or do you have to cancel and rebook it??

THANKS!!
OOO it's good to know I'm not the only one waiting until December 2009!! We were gonna go in Oct/Nov but pushed it back due to a potential conflict with my sister's family. There will be 13 of us all at the Poly!
First trip in Dec 1983 | Aug, 1991 - Offsite | May, 1992 - Offsite | Nov, 1996 - Caribbean Beach | May, 1997 - Boardwalk | July, 2004 - Offsite | May, 2005 - Old Key West | Oct, 2006 - Old Key West | Feb, 2007 - Offsite |May, 2007 - Caribbean Beach | Dec, 2009 - Polynesian | Oct, 2010 - Bonnet Creek (Yes, I know - Offsite) | Dec, 2010 - All Star Sports | March, 2011 - All Star Music | July, 2011 - All Star Movies | Nov, 2011- Port Orleans Riverside| Oct, 2012 - Bonnet Creek | March, 2013 - Art of Animation | March, 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside | Oct, 2014, Yacht Club
Old 09-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #87
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I'm getting ready to put our deposit down for the Poly for December 10-17, 2009!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #88
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
Anyone know if a code/discount comes out...do they apply it to your current res or do you have to cancel and rebook it??
Yep, you sure can apply it to your current res (if it meets the terms of the code/discount).

Old 09-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #89
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I'm getting ready to put our deposit down for the Poly for December 10-17, 2009!!!
WOW, there will be LOTS of us there in Dec 09! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one planning SO far ahead! (DH thinks I've lost it!! )

By the way, I beleive your siggy said that you've stayed that CR a few times? Curious to know why you've switching over to Poly? Just to try something new? I'm very tempted by CR but I'm not a huge fan of the pool there...at least by seeing online pix. Otherwise, it looks nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDramaQueen View Post
OOO it's good to know I'm not the only one waiting until December 2009!! We were gonna go in Oct/Nov but pushed it back due to a potential conflict with my sister's family. There will be 13 of us all at the Poly!
Wow, what dates are you going? What room category? I'll keep my eyes out for the large group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Yep, you sure can apply it to your current res (if it meets the terms of the code/discount).
THANKS!!

OH PS I'm sure it's somewhere...wondering if there's a listing of the various kids activities that go on at the Poly? Specifically afternoons, evenings for toddlers. Anything? Any type of campfires down at the beach or anything??

Old 09-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #90
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if bottles of tonic (as in, to mix up a "gin & tonic") are sold at the Poly?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: