Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #61
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.

subscribing to new thread.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #62
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Seaspray, thank you so much for starting up this thread... I learned so much from the old one, and I'm sure I will learn more on here.

One question, to anyone who might have the answer:

Airline check-in:
On your day of departure, you can check your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass right here at the Polynesian Resort's Airline Check-In Desk, located in the lobby.

If you are departing on a domestic flight from Orlando International Airport on participating carriers, you can check-in no less than 3 hours prior to your scheduled departure flight time (flight delays do not extend the check-in time). For more details, please visit the Resort Airline Check-In Desk.

Does anyone know which airlines are "participating carriers" for the airline check-in? We haven't picked our airline yet, and this might help us decide!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #63
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

mmmears, the first post of this thread has all you want to know about RAC including a list of participating airlines in purple.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=944813

RAC is very sweet. I really try to book a participating airline because of RAC. Next trip, two of us are on SW because I wanted some flexibility. Really wish SW would start participating.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #64
meljolson19

Subscribing.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #65
FreFam5
Mouseketeer

Is anyone else going to be at the Poly in October???

I am so excited to be able to say we are going "next month!"

Missing the World!!!!

Poly - October 2008
Old 09-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #66
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Does anyone know which airlines are "participating carriers" for the airline check-in? We haven't picked our airline yet, and this might help us decide!
Current Resort Airline Check-In Participating Airlines (Domestic only):
American Airlines
Continental
Delta
jetBlue
United/Ted
Northwest
Alaska Airlines
AirTran Airways
US Airways
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #67
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreFam5 View Post
Is anyone else going to be at the Poly in October???

I am so excited to be able to say we are going "next month!"
We'll be there from 10/10-10/13

Old 09-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #68
MinnieMom
Because everyone needs a little magic in their life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
If by notebook you mean 'laptop' where I have spreadsheets and word processor files of Disney info then yes, yes I have.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! My only problem is that my laptop is actually a "work laptop" so if I lose my job I also lose my Disney data . . . notice I don't worry about the losing the job part, just the Disney stuff!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #69
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Whoa! OK just was reading your posts about the airline checkin at the Poly on the participating airlines. Is this only for Concierge Level or for any of us? (I'll be in GV, no concierge...) So how does this work? You check in for your flight and get boarding passes at the POLY??? And at the airport you just go right to your gate? Has anyone had a problem with their luggage not making it onto their flight? THAT would make me nervous!

THANKS!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #70
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
Whoa! OK just was reading your posts about the airline checkin at the Poly on the participating airlines. Is this only for Concierge Level or for any of us? (I'll be in GV, no concierge...) So how does this work? You check in for your flight and get boarding passes at the POLY??? And at the airport you just go right to your gate? Has anyone had a problem with their luggage not making it onto their flight? THAT would make me nervous!

THANKS!
We've used it many times now. Never a problem with the luggage. It's for all guests at any WDW owned resort flying on a participating airline.

It is wonderful!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #71
MamaToDavis
Mouseketeer

What a great thread! We stayed at the Poly for the first time on our last trip in Dec 06. I didn't think anything could beat our honeymoon stay at the Grand Floridian in 1997, but I was wrong...the Poly is the best! We had a lagoon view in the Hawaii building and it definitely lived up to the hype. We decided we had found our Disney home and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else on property again.

We are going back 12/6/08 and can't wait! We are a bit disappointed that Hawaii is all booked up, but we've reserved a lagoon view and hope to get the Tahiti building. I know there are no guarantees, but is there a way to request ahead of check in? Also, which floor is best to request? We had 3rd floor last trip and it was really nice. I'm thinking our 4 year old son would like being on the first floor so we can easily go outside to play in the sand. Thoughts?

I'm still calling from time to time to see if anything in Hawaii has opened up, but so far it's still full.

Thanks so much!!

Nicole
Old 09-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #72
cdotla
Trish

Are there ipod alarm clocks in the rooms, as in the Yacht Club? (Not keen on packing my ipod speakers!)
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #73
sydangel68
Mouseketeer

Checking in tomorrow

I can't believe it's almost time for us to check-in to the Poly. I am so excited. We have been anticipating this stay for almost a year when we first started planning our WDW vacation.

I hope it lives up to our expectations.

We just spent a week at ASMu and honestly it way exceeded our expectations, however I think part of that was that my expectations were low and also that we had a family suite and that extra space influenced my feelings.

Will update on the Poly as we go, we are there for 5 nights.

Let me know if there are any pics or questions that you want.

Cheers
Angela

Disney Vacation 2014 - 3 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Fantasy 26 April 2014, 7 night Western Caribbean.... WDW 3 nights Beach Club Resort CL.

Disney Dream Vacation 2012 - 6 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Dream 23 Sep 2012, 4 night Bahamian.... WDW 5 nights Windsor Hills and 4 nights at Beach Club Resort CL.

Aug/Sep 2008 Disneyland, CA - GCH 6 nights...AND....Walt Disney World - 5 Nights Poly & 7 nights ASMu Family Suite both with Free Dining
Sep/Oct 2006 - Disneyland, CA - 8 nights Double Tree Guest Suites & 2 nights GCH
May 2003 - Disneyland, CA - DLH our honeymoon, Dec 1995 - Disneyland, CA - off site, Jan 1980 - Disneyland, CA - off site
Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #74
habg1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydangel68 View Post
I can't believe it's almost time for us to check-in to the Poly. I am so excited. We have been anticipating this stay for almost a year when we first started planning our WDW vacation.

I hope it lives up to our expectations.

We just spent a week at ASMu and honestly it way exceeded our expectations, however I think part of that was that my expectations were low and also that we had a family suite and that extra space influenced my feelings.

Will update on the Poly as we go, we are there for 5 nights.

Let me know if there are any pics or questions that you want.

Cheers
Angela
OMG! Have fun... Post lots of pics. Doesn't matter of what; they're all beautiful!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #75
Cinders Mum
DIS Veteran

have a wonderful time Angela.

Glad you are already having loads of fun.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: