Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #31
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Subscribing.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #32
Shell54
DIS Veteran

I'm here Thank you Seaspray for a wonderful new thread. You do a great job. I love reading everybody's Poly news and info and seeing all the beautiful trip photos..I can't believe I'll be there so soon .

Disney Magic 8/12

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #33
simonkodousek
438 Miles From My Happy Place

Thanks for the great new thread!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #34
jackdis
DIS Veteran

Aloha! everyone! I'm here now too.
1990 WDW Grad Nite 2003 Swan and Dolphin Disney Wonder Aug. 2004 Hawaii June 2005 POFQ April 2006 CBR June-July 2006 POP Aug. 2006 POP February 2007 HawaiiMar.-Apr. 2007 POPJuly NCL Cruise to Bermuda Aug.-Sept. 2007 POP November 2007 POP Feb. 2008 NOLA/Carnival Cruise to Mexico March2008POPMay 2008 RCCL Bahamas/EPCOTAugust 2008 POLY CL Dec. 08/Jan. 09 CBR Feb. 2009 POFQ JULY 2009 POLY CL
March 2010 BLT JULY 2010 BLTFeb 2011 1 night at BLT post cruiseJULY 2011 BLT
July 2012 Off property
July 2013 BLT/AKL
Old 09-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #35
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Thanks for getting this going, SeaSpray!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-10-2008, 07:10 AM   #36
pineycreek
Earning My Ears

Aloha!! Thanks Seaspray and everyone else for this great thread!!
I can hardly contain my excitement !!! I only have 3 more days of work left and only a few more days before this wonderful trip in honor of my father who passed away last year. It was always his dream to stay at the Poly but never could. So this is a really special trip for my me and my mother.

I do have a question for those of you who have stayed at the Poly. My mother (78), DS (12) his friend (11), DD (8) and myself will be arriving on Monday and I hope to get one of the larger rooms (but it will really not matter to me.) I do want to know how many drawers are available to store our clothes? From the great pictures I have seen it looks like only 4 but I can be wrong too.

My mother has only one rule for this trip: keep the room clean! Might be tough with my children . Any suggestions would be great. Thanks to all!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #37
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Drawer space. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineycreek View Post
I can hardly contain my excitement !!! I only have 3 more days of work left and only a few more days before this wonderful trip in honor of my father who passed away last year. It was always his dream to stay at the Poly but never could. So this is a really special trip for my me and my mother.

I do have a question for those of you who have stayed at the Poly. My mother (78), DS (12) his friend (11), DD (8) and myself will be arriving on Monday and I hope to get one of the larger rooms (but it will really not matter to me.) I do want to know how many drawers are available to store our clothes? From the great pictures I have seen it looks like only 4 but I can be wrong too.

My mother has only one rule for this trip: keep the room clean! Might be tough with my children . Any suggestions would be great. Thanks to all!!!
There are six drawers in the armoire and two closets. One closet has a good bit of space for hanging/luggage storage. The other contains the safe, ironing board, and iron--less room to hang, but a rod nonetheless!

We have always had ample space for four of us (our kids are older--adult sized) on our 9-10 day trips.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #38
FreFam5
Mouseketeer

Yay - a new thread. I'm so excited to read more info on the Poly. The pictures look wonderful - we are going on about 5 weeks - I'm about to burst with excitement.

Missing the World!!!!

Poly - October 2008
Old 09-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #39
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

For a minute there I didn't know what was going on! LOL!

Much thanks to SeaSpray for kicking off again.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #40
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Last August I took the Terror Squad (DD8, DN9, DN13, DGsis14) to the Poly and with four kids plus myself we had ample space for our stuff. To keep things organized I did bring along a few 'dirty clothes bags' to hang in the closets for the kids to put all of their dirty clothes in. Plus it made it easy to just haul the bags to the laundry to wash them.

Another thing we did to keep things organized was all of the kids brought along a little cheap duffel bag to put all of their souveniers and other 'stuff' they accumulated/bought/swindled during the trip. That seemed to keep most of the clutter off of the floor.

There is plenty of room for five people to spread out in. Housekeeping did an awesome job for us at the Poly. I was impressed how clean things were plus how on more than one occasion DD8 and DN9's Disney plushes and Star Wars toys were all posed.

Hope that helps!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #41
pineycreek
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!! Great advice about the "dirty clothes bag".
Old 09-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #42
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Dirty stuff. . .

Quote:
Thanks!!! Great advice about the "dirty clothes bag".
I simply keep out an empty suitcase on the rack and refold all dirty laundry at the end of the day. I also sort it in the suitcase by darks, lights, and whites so when I get home I open the cases and toss it in by type--I know, I am very obsessive compulsive like that! It does work though to keep everything neat and tidy AND you don't have massive repacking to do if you are flying!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #43
BootsJessie
Earning My Ears

Awesome a new thread !!!
Thanks so much
Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #44
zoie101
1038 miles to the north

COUNT ME IN
87 MORE DAYS TO GO!
I CANT BELIEVE I FINALLY HIT DOUBLE DIGITS
Polynesian 2008
Pop Century 2008
Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level 2010
Pop Century 2010
All Stars Sports Girls Trip 2011
Pop Century 2012
Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #45
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am right there with your mom-I love a clean clutter free room! One suggestion I got from the dis board and used on my recent stay at the Poly is to get a hanging cloth shoe rack for the back of the bathroom door to put organize all of your toiletries and with a family of five like ours there are a lot hairbrushes, lotions etc. This kept the bathroom counter relatively clean. We also took a nylon laundry bag as previously stated to keep in the closet.
By the way I got my shoe rack for $5 at CVS!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: