Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #1501
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krist View Post
\

Oh, one more ting...is there a "grocery store" on Disney to get Milk and stuff.

Thanks for any info you can give me......

For milk, you can get small ones at the counter service places at the resort (like Captain Cook's). We brought some from home (the organic kind in the little foil pouches that dont need refrigeration -- that way I could carry it into the parks and I didn't have to worry if it would spoil in the heat). This was back when we could fly in with liquids.

Also, all of the resorts that have a DVC attached (like WL, BC, BW, etc.) have stores that sell larger milk containers as well. They also had big cereal boxes of things like Cheerios that my DD would snack on when she was little. May not be the cheapest way to go, but definitely the most convenient.

Have a great time with your little one!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 11-29-2008, 06:55 AM   #1502
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Going next week to the Poly and just have a few questions... I haven't stayed in the Poly in a few years and first time going to Disney with our 18 month old ....and we rented a full size crib...hopefully their is a spot for it?? Also, do the rooms have a table and chair for a booster seat for room service/snacks? What about fridges?/ Iread somewhere that the Deluxe rooms have them for free you just have to request ne when you get there???True???Lastly, we need to print our boarding passes the day before we leave and our airline is not one that is on the "list", do they have comouters there that we can use and print stuff off of?? If so where are they located?? Thanks!!

As other said, there is plenty of room for a crib. The Polynesian does have small cribs though.

Sadly, there is no longer a real table in the room. There is a desk and chair. Under the desk, there's a small pullout table on wheels. I don't think a booster would work well. Requesting a high chair is a good idea or just improvising. Your toddler could probably sit on the daybed and you could pull up the table to him???

Samoa Snacks on the second floor sells milk and a small selection of snacks. If you'll have a car, there's a Hess Station just South of the Polynesian as you drive to the other parks. It has a mini mart. When Bay Lake Towers opens at the Contemporary, I'm sure the shop there will carry more groceries but I haven't heard that that has happened yet.

The concierge desk in the lobby will print out boarding passes for you.

Have fun at the Polynesian!
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #1503
cdotla
Trish

Just thought I would share the link to a recent post on my Trip Report which just happens to be all about the infamous Kona Tonga Toast. With pics!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2004448&page=3

(Go to Post 41)

No tomatoes please!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #1504
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Just thought I would share the link to a recent post on my Trip Report which just happens to be all about the infamous Kona Tonga Toast. With pics!

(Go to Post 41)

No tomatoes please!
It is an acquired taste, .

Just kidding! It is very sweet indeed. A quarter is enough for me as well these days. I usually cadge a corner from my DH sometime during our trip. He on the other hand loves it! Did you try the strawberry compote with it?

But I loved your picture of the Big Kahuna. I usually order the fruit plate but I think I'll give that a try next trip. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #1505
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

I'm with you. . .

Quote:

(Go to Post 41)

No tomatoes please!
I'm more a Big Kahuna girl --the Tonga Toast *gasp* --not so much. Thanks for the link!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #1506
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness. We can not wait to try Tonga Toast. 5 months and counting...till our 1st trip!

Old 11-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #1507
Shell54
DIS Veteran

I was one who tried the Tonga Toast for the first time in the past few months after reading so many rave reviews. We were staying at the Poly anyway so it was a no brainer to make ressies at Kona for breakfast to try it. I was disappointed..too sweet and too dry..I wanted to love it, but no..my DH got the macadamia nut pancakes and he loved them

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 11-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #1508
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the tonga toast. But because it is so sweet, I get a side of bacon or sausage to eat with it. It is so satisfying that it can carry me thru to dinner time. I have actually never been to Kona Cafe as we(and by "we" I mean DH --it was his morning duty ) always picked it up at CCs in the morning and brought it back to the room. We like to lounge around and eat bfst in the room before heading to the parks.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 11-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #1509
sandym718
DIS Veteran

I have a question about Tonga Toast. I think we're going to try it this time from CC's one morning. I don't like regular French toast at all, but I loooove bananas, cinnamon and sweet stuff. Do you think I'll like it? I don't like things that are dipped in egg and then cooked, I don't like Monte Cristos that way (I make a baked one that's yummy though!), etc. Does TT have that French toast-y type tasted? Sorry if this is a really dumb question!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 11-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #1510
eyenjeff
PROUD DVC OWNER!!

Quote:
Going next week to the Poly and just have a few questions... I haven't stayed in the Poly in a few years and first time going to Disney with our 18 month old ....and we rented a full size crib...hopefully their is a spot for it?? Also, do the rooms have a table and chair for a booster seat for room service/snacks? What about fridges?/ Iread somewhere that the Deluxe rooms have them for free you just have to request ne when you get there???True???Lastly, we need to print our boarding passes the day before we leave and our airline is not one that is on the "list", do they have comouters there that we can use and print stuff off of?? If so where are they located?? Thanks!!

I forgot to mention if there are specific things you really want for your room, you can go on gardengrocer.com and order things to be sent to the resort. They will be waiting for you when you check in. We do this every trip for the basics like water, ( costs too much in the parks) snacks for the room for when we get back at night, some treats to take into the parks etc... It is so nice to be able to have it waiting when we check in.! Good luck on your quest!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #1511
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:

(Go to Post 41)

No tomatoes please!

Wow! Excellent review!! I have to say that I agree with your assessment of Kona Cafe's breakfast menu 100%!!!!! My DH loves the Tonga Toast so sometimes I'll take a very small bite of his; otherwise I order the Pineapple Macadamia Nut pancakes! I've said it before and I'll say it again, they are HEAVEN ON A PLATE!!

I have ordered the Big Kahuna as well, and I think that's the perfect combination of breakfast foods, since I love bacon and eggs. But since I can get eggs any time, I usually end up just ordering the pancakes by themselves.

Would you mind if I added a link to your breakfast review to page 1 of this thread??

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]

Last edited by SeaSpray; 11-29-2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling error!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #1512
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
I have a question about Tonga Toast. I think we're going to try it this time from CC's one morning. I don't like regular French toast at all, but I loooove bananas, cinnamon and sweet stuff. Do you think I'll like it? I don't like things that are dipped in egg and then cooked, I don't like Monte Cristos that way (I make a baked one that's yummy though!), etc. Does TT have that French toast-y type tasted? Sorry if this is a really dumb question!!
I don't think it's a dumb question at all! And I don't think that Tonga Toast is very much like regular French Toast; it's not at all "eggy" like regular French Toast can be. It's relatively dry on the outside, but it has tons of sugar and cinnamon on the outside, with slices of banana on the inside.

John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #1513
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
I don't think it's a dumb question at all! And I don't think that Tonga Toast is very much like regular French Toast; it's not at all "eggy" like regular French Toast can be. It's relatively dry on the outside, but it has tons of sugar and cinnamon on the outside, with slices of banana on the inside.

Thank you!! That's exactly the info I needed - the "eggy" part is what gets me! I think we'll definitely give it a try!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 11-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #1514
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

DBF and I are staying at the Poly in May 09 and DBF is of drinking age and he was wondering if they sold alcohol at the Poly store. We stopped at AKL last trip for a switch of busses and he noticed they sold it there, do they have beer/hard alcohol at the Poly and if so does anyone know what kinds? (He's picky ) Thanks!

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
Old 11-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #1515
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
DBF and I are staying at the Poly in May 09 and DBF is of drinking age and he was wondering if they sold alcohol at the Poly store. We stopped at AKL last trip for a switch of busses and he noticed they sold it there, do they have beer/hard alcohol at the Poly and if so does anyone know what kinds? (He's picky ) Thanks!
Beer is sold by the bottle at Captain Cooks. Samoa Snacks sells it both by the bottle and six pack. I know they have Heineken because we've purchased that more than once! I think I remember Bud, Corona....anyone else???

Hard spirits are also sold there but sorry no help with brands or types. Small selection as you would expect.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: