Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #136
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We have shipped boxes to and from almost every WDW resort. I usually include a roll of packing tape and a mailing label in the box I ship down to use for the return mailing.

Guest Services has always been able to provide what we needed. However, if you are going to ship a box down, consider making it a slightly larger box so that you fill it with your purchases!
Elin, I hope you have so much fun at the Poly! Last night (I actually had a night off ) we were reading The Magic Tree House Hawaii book. The kids stopped and asked when we could go to the Poly at WDW? I said maybe someday... I'm going to die trying to keep this Dec trip a surprise. They are going to love the TPV room!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #137
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
I am too late in asking, as I already have 6 packages on their way to the Poly. However...will I be charged a handling fee?

I had 10 packages shipped to CBR last Sept and didn't get charged a cent.

Then in June of this year I had 3 boxes shipped to the Yacht Club and was charged I believe about $20.
I have never been charged for the delivery of a package.
For our Christmas trips we have always shipped 2 3 1/2 foot Christmas trees and the ornaments and packages. We have stayed at every WDW resort except Shades of Green and SSR.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."

Last edited by PNO4TE; 09-13-2008 at 08:23 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #138
MinnieMom
Because everyone needs a little magic in their life!

Toiletries

I'm so excited! We leave in 55 hours!! Woohoo!! I'm trying to get my packing done and it just dawned on me that maybe I don't need to take as much as I had planned.

What toiletries does the Poly have? I'm sure there is at least shampoo and conditioner . . . is it decent stuff? I have long, very thick hair so I have to have decent product or else my hair is completely unmanageable!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #139
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
This is a great idea!!! So anything you purchase, gets delivered to your hotel and then before you leave, you can take the box with everything up to the front desk and they'll ship it out for you? Do they send it FedEx, UPS, US Postal service??? Or will they do it however you want it done?? AWSOME idea!

Melanie
I think they have always asked my husband which shipper he preferred.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #140
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefigs View Post
Elin, I hope you have so much fun at the Poly! Last night (I actually had a night off ) we were reading The Magic Tree House Hawaii book. The kids stopped and asked when we could go to the Poly at WDW? I said maybe someday... I'm going to die trying to keep this Dec trip a surprise. They are going to love the TPV room!
Hi, Denise! It has been a few years since we have stayed at the Poly so Bob and I are looking forward to this relaxing time alone. It is the first WDW trip that we have made completely alone. ever. Sometimes the girls will fly in after we do or leave before we do, but never have we done a trip alone. We actually kept it a secret from them until the Christmas trip was booked and a "done deal" but they still both pouted a bit!

I know that you and John will keep it a secret as long as you can. That is part of the excitement for us planners, right? How was your trip to Mississippi? I am glad it wasn't this weekend.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #141
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMom View Post
I'm so excited! We leave in 55 hours!! Woohoo!! I'm trying to get my packing done and it just dawned on me that maybe I don't need to take as much as I had planned.

What toiletries does the Poly have? I'm sure there is at least shampoo and conditioner . . . is it decent stuff? I have long, very thick hair so I have to have decent product or else my hair is completely unmanageable!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary, and don't forget to ask for some Anniversary pins when you check in!

Secondly, you can expect to find shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, facial soap (small round bar of soap), and bath soap (a larger round bar of soap). These items are the H2O brand, and their "Aquatics" line of products.

I like the quality of the toiletries and feel that they do a great job of cleaning, and conditioning my hair. My hair isn't extremely long, but it's past my shoulders. I don't pack toiletries any more. Also, you can leave a note for the housekeeper asking for extra conditioner (and everything else, for that matter), and they will leave extra for you.

Here's a picture of what the toiletries look like:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]

Last edited by SeaSpray; 09-13-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:46 AM   #142
DisneyToddlers
Mouseketeer

WooHoo!!!! Only 1 day left for me!!!!!! First trip EVER to WDW for our family-only DH has been to the World before (But I think, I mean I know that I know way more about it all than he does from reading the DIS boards-Shhhhh, don't tell him!!!). Poly here we come! I'll have my LGMH's! Thanks to everyone for all the great info and I'll be sure to post my review when I get back!

Last edited by DisneyToddlers; 09-14-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-14-2008, 05:04 AM   #143
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRider View Post
Stephanie, thanks again for the updated reports. We are there the 15th-22nd with the first 4 nights GV at the poly and then 3 at the dolphin. Hey, how crowded is the resort and did you hear about any upgrades or problems with room requests?

Thanks,
Jim
Hi Jim! Well, I have to tell you, crowds picked up a bit here yesterday. Saw a lot of check ins. It seemed the pool was quite a bit more crowded last night than it has been since we arrived. As for upgrades and requests, we were given our only request 3rd floor (for the balcony), and I don't have a clue about upgrades. (we're staying in the hawaii building LV, can't get much better than this!)

Quote:
Are there filters in the rooms for the coffee pots? What about sugar? I plan on bringing my own creamer for sure because, as dh says, I'm a "creamer snob!" But, I'd rather not have to drag along sugar and filters if I don't have to! Thanks!
The coffee they provide here comes in the little pouches. They have a little bag that has original coffee mate creamer (3), sugar (2), and splenda (2), 2 little sir sticks and a napkin.

Quote:

WOOHOO! I hope to see you here!! Look for my LGMH and say hello if you see me!!! Have a great time!!

I agree with Seaspray, the toiletries here are wonderful. I have natural curly crazy hair down here in FL and I'm using it and it's really is great stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyToddlers View Post
WooHoo!!!! Only 1 day left for me!!!!!! First trip EVER to WDW for our family-only DH has been to the World before (But I think, I mean I know that I know way more about it all than he does from reading the DIS boards-Shhhhh, don't tell him!!!). Poly here we come! I'll have my LGMH's! Thanks to everyone for all the great info and I'll be sure to post my review when I get back!
I hope you have a great trip!! I hope to see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:47 AM   #144
MinnieMom
Because everyone needs a little magic in their life!

[QUOTE=SeaSpray;27560771]First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary, and don't forget to ask for some Anniversary pins when you check in!

Secondly, you can expect to find shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, facial soap (small round bar of soap), and bath soap (a larger round bar of soap). These items are the H2O brand, and their "Aquatics" line of products.

I like the quality of the toiletries and feel that they do a great job of cleaning, and conditioning my hair. My hair isn't extremely long, but it's past my shoulders. I don't pack toiletries any more. Also, you can leave a note for the housekeeper asking for extra conditioner (and everything else, for that matter), and they will leave extra for you.

Here's a picture of what the toiletries look like:
QUOTE]

Thanks so much SeaSpray!! I'll have to see if I can convince DH to wear the anniversary pin . . . wish me luck!!

Old 09-14-2008, 06:06 AM   #145
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefigs View Post
Denise - I didn't know you had a surprise trip in the planning too!

You will love the Poly TPV - we had one in Tuvalu and loved it. I know
lots of people prefer Tahiti but we liked the Tuvalu one better - closer to the GCH and the volcano pool. We had the last room on the left hand side (facing the lagoon) and had an awesome view of the castle. We stayed at the Poly in July (split stay with BC) and had a great garden view room - 3rd floor Samoa with a wonderful view of the volcano pool, the boat dock and the EWP.

Our surprise trip is just 38 days away and the kids have NO IDEA! We're doing MNSSHP for the 1st time. Sadly - no availability with AP rate at YC, BC, Poly or GF so we're staying at the Boardwalk for the 1st time. Kids are signed up for the Haunted Pirate Cruise. Isn't the secret just killing you!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #146
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
I hope your first family WDW trip is full of magic!

Old 09-14-2008, 07:06 AM   #147
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Thanks for all the pictures and live reports Seaspray- I love your pictures!!!!We're staying in Hawaii in less than a month The only thing I'm afraid of is the fact that I've been spoiled by the MK view from the CR. Your pictures are definitely helping

Old 09-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #148
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Quote:
OMG you're so lucky! Have a WONDERFUL time at the Poly (and Disney!) and can't wait to hear all about it when you return! Take TONS of pix for us!

HEY if anyone there now (Stephanie??) or going SOON (hint hint) wants to take a few pix of gift store items, I'd be thrilled! I'm interested in what types of clothes they have there at Poly!

Melanie

Old 09-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #149
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Okay I have a question! I have in mind the longhouse and even the location in the building that I would like for our honeymoon next year. I'm not expecting an upgrade but there is always a slight chance. In your experience, can the amount of requests that you put in effect your chances of getting an upgrade? For those of you who've been upgraded, did you have in any requests? I want to put in a request but I don't want that to ruin my chance of getting an upgrade. Like will they think, "Well if she wants to be in this building we're not going to upgrade her."
Old 09-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #150
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

GREAT Question, Nikki! I'd love to know the answer as well. From what I can TELL, when people DO get upgraded, it's always to a more preferred room, KWIM?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: