Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #46
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Since you don't want it, can I have that red dress? It makes me it's so pretty!

Also - where did you get the maid of honor's dress? I want one of those too!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #47
Tabetha
DIS Veteran

Wow - gorgeous plans!! I can't wait to see how things come along for you this year...
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2008, 02:08 AM   #48
scarlet-la-belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
The dress you chose is stunning, buy you look gorgeous in the others too!

I wasn't allowed to get photos of me in my dress until we paid the deposit. I'm not posting though, as I look really rough and tired in the face!
AAWWW, I'm sure you look lovely in it Brides always sparkle in there wedding dresses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegKate View Post
I absolutely love it! So beautiful - you're going to look great in it! It stinks that the woman was being a *insert word here* so you couldn't get a picture of you in the dress. But maybe it's for the best that you didn't get a snap of it. Just in case DF is nosing around. My DF saw a picture of my dress by accident but as he said #1, it's not like he'll remember it and #2 its going to look totally different when you're actually wearing it! So let him be surprised.

I definitely think you made the right decision going with the white dress. I think the red dress you tried on was too much red on you. The white makes your hair stand out (and that's a good thing!). In general - brilliant choice of dress! I can't wait to see pictures of you in it after the wedding!
HAHA, your right it is for the best i didn't get a pic of it, i cant believe your DF has seen yours but he is right you'll look different on your wedding day And i totally agree that there was far to much red on me in that dress but the lady in the shop was desperate for me to buy it, it was one of the most exspencive in the shop! She was really disappointed when i choses my other dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
HI!! This is my first visit to your PJ and I LOVEEEEE Everything so far. I also like the 40's and 50's so I am loving your BM's dress! I really love the red dress she is wearing now.

Your gown is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will look so beautiful on! Your favors are great too!!!! I can't wait to read more about your wedding!
Thank you, your so sweet And i'm glad you like my dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMissy318 View Post
Count me in too! I the DRESS! I'm so glad you decided to post it for us! For us "old married" people - we live vicariously through these PJ's! I'm sure you will be STUNNING in the dress - and your future DH will be very HANDSOME in his wedding outfit!
Thank you so much thats a lovely thing to write And I'm sure Pete will look really handsome I'm so excited to see him in it, i want my wedding to come faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerbell1983 View Post

I tried on this dress too!!!! I definatley like the white/ivory on you. It compliments your hair so much nicer
You did! hehe, did you like it on you? I was worried i'd look really fat in the white (I hate my arms) but it didn't seem to make much of a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Since you don't want it, can I have that red dress? It makes me it's so pretty!

Also - where did you get the maid of honor's dress? I want one of those too!
HEHE you sure can it's called a Hollywood Dreams dress my you can were it when you and your DH have a VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabetha View Post
Wow - gorgeous plans!! I can't wait to see how things come along for you this year...
Thank you
Old 09-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #49
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

OMG I can't believe you thought you would look fat!! Your arms are great and your figure looks stunning in all the dresses

Coming from someone who hates her arms.....
Old 09-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #50
Tink_Kel
DIS Veteran

I am soooooo loving your wedding choices! So unique and beautiful!! Your bridesmaid dress is to die for, I absolutely LOVE the style and color. I'm really glad you went for the white dress, it really compliments your hair color, where the red was competing with it. I bet the sparkles are awesome!

That is such a unique/ruggedly sexy outfit your DF is going to wear! My DF would love something like that, but alas, we are having a Margaritaville Wedding, so it wouldn't quite fit into the theme. (And it wouldn't quite have the same effect with his lack of hair!)

I can't wait to see more!
Tink_Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #51
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

You look fat?! WHAT?! Not even close! I would kill for a figure like yours!

And yes this is also coming from someone who also hates her arms LOL
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:51 AM   #52
scarlet-la-belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
OMG I can't believe you thought you would look fat!! Your arms are great and your figure looks stunning in all the dresses

Coming from someone who hates her arms.....
Thank you, you'r very kind it's just somthing that bothers me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink_Kel View Post
I am soooooo loving your wedding choices! So unique and beautiful!! Your bridesmaid dress is to die for, I absolutely LOVE the style and color. I'm really glad you went for the white dress, it really compliments your hair color, where the red was competing with it. I bet the sparkles are awesome!

That is such a unique/ruggedly sexy outfit your DF is going to wear! My DF would love something like that, but alas, we are having a Margaritaville Wedding, so it wouldn't quite fit into the theme. (And it wouldn't quite have the same effect with his lack of hair!)

I can't wait to see more!
aawww, thank you my dress really dose sparkle i'm so excited about getting it, I'm glad everyone seems to love my BM dresses! Your so funny about your Groom I'm sure he'll look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegKate View Post
You look fat?! WHAT?! Not even close! I would kill for a figure like yours!

And yes this is also coming from someone who also hates her arms LOL
Your too kind I just want to look perfect for my DF on our Wedding day
Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 AM   #53
auntpunkin
Mouseketeer

I just caught up on your pj...Your DF looks hot, hot, hot as Capt. Jack! And your wedding dress is absolutely beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing photos of you in that dress! My date is 7 days before yours, !!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3nkrxpxttc8gktlp.png[/img]

Our Planning Journal!
auntpunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #54
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-la-belle View Post
Your too kind I just want to look perfect for my DF on our Wedding day
Not kind - just truthful! But I know how it is. I've been on a DIE-T and working out to get ready for our wedding next year.
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:14 AM   #55
scarlet-la-belle
Mouseketeer

I'm so silly I've just noticed that i haven't even written about my plans for the wedding it's self
So it's on Thursday 10th September in the wedding Pavilion, We have booked Rev.Tim who seems very nice, he's great at writting back to emails!
I'm walking down the isle to the little mermaid -Part of your world
were not sure about the other music yet
My sister is my only B.M (were really close) and her boyfriend is my DF, BM
were getting Cinderella's coach I'm SO excited about that!
our first dance is Aerosmith - Don't want to miss a thing (which is the song that was playing when my DF asked me to marry him)
After the cutting of the cake were all going to Cinderella's castle for dinner. Were really going for the Prince and Princess theme
There are 17 guests going, all our closest family which is perfect because were really close to our family
Old 09-18-2008, 04:29 AM   #56
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

So glad you started your PJ!

I love all your choices, LOVE the BM dresses and your dress is just amazing!! I may just have to track one down

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #57
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the lovely Welcome your all so sweet

I've got so much to catching up to do on here. So I'll start with my one and only bridesmaid she's called CJ, shes my sister and best friend.
We both love the 1940's and 50's and she's defiantly not a frilly girly girl so we decided on this swing dress

and a bow tied waste clincher (i couldn't find the same one i got but this gives the idea)

were also getting her some pearls to were like these

so now we just need to find the right pair of wedges for her feet and roses for her hair

Also pinkerbell it sounds like the bridesmaids dresses you want are quiet like mine i can send you a link to were i'm getting mine from if you want.
What a wonderful dress!!!!! I can't imagine how excited you are about your wedding & your 1st trip to WDW all at once!
I was a Disney bride and we have 100+ trips completed so anything I can answer or help you with please don't hesitate.
Both of you are adorable
Maria

What people think of you is none of your business.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #58
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
Oh right! Thank you, hehe
Disney Fiancee'

What people think of you is none of your business.
NEVERENOUGHWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #59
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

haha ! LOL to the comment about Ariel! I love your dress choice! IT looks great can't wait to see more pics of it w. you in it!! We are using Rev. Tim as well !

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #60
silverangel879
Who you callin' a princess? It's PIRATE PRINCESS to you!

Quote:
...our first dance is Aerosmith - Don't want to miss a thing (which is the song that was playing when my DF asked me to marry him)...
OMG! That's Our song! I'm walking down the ale with the piano version, but my DF doesn't know it.

Love your PJ! Your hair looks great with the white veil! You do look like Ariel!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: