Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #1186
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
The colonel was pulled from auction for apparently a "very good reason"

There is apparently an interesting story developing, but those in the know haven't yet leaked it on the internet. All we can do is hope...and send letters.

For the record, I don't care personally about AC much, but I recognize what it was. I always said I would help the plight of the AC people, hoping that in return they do the same for me when it come to a techno and 70/80 club returning.
Seriously? That's... good, right?

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #1187
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

thanks for spreading the word zulemara
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #1188
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
The colonel was pulled from auction for apparently a "very good reason"

There is apparently an interesting story developing, but those in the know haven't yet leaked it on the internet. All we can do is hope...and send letters.

For the record, I don't care personally about AC much, but I recognize what it was. I always said I would help the plight of the AC people, hoping that in return they do the same for me when it come to a techno and 70/80 club returning.
While I'm the opposite, and mostly cared about AC due to its uniqueness, I am a supporter of the whole nightlife thing. I could've understood if Disney had said "We are closing AC and CW because they are money losers". But what they did IMO made no sense even from a financial standpoint. Why would they give up that entire market. Bars are *huge* moneymakers, and they obviously know that not all of their guests have kids. I just don't understand.

So rest assured, I will support the return of ANY nightlife to Disney property...for what that is worth.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #1189
AdventurerKat
Cries in her Jello shots
Adventurers Club Addict
Thinks she is invisible to the Tag Fairy, but she's not!

Watching the AC rumor with much interest.

I suppose if they do bring clubs back to PI, they will say they surveyed guests and they wanted more nightlife so that's why they are coming back. Just as they supposedly surveyed guests and said they wanted more shopping and dining. (That being said, when one of those surveyors really did get ahold of me at DTD or anywhere on property for that matter since the clubs closed, that is exactly what I told them...)
Old 05-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #1190
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to my Rumor Update article published last Thursday. Nothing new uncovered since then:
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...out-clubs.html

Last Tuesday I ran this article about the Colonel being put up for auction at Disney Property Control. But be sure to read the Comments that follow the article as that is where someone supposedly "in the know" reports something is going on regarding Adventurers Club that he hints at but can't talk about:
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...-property.html

MOST IMPORTANT: Now is the time to send emails to WDW and Disney officials urging the return of both comedy and dance clubs at Pleasure Island. One of the comments includes numerous email addresses. You could really influence decisions that are about to be made!

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #1191
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Here's a link to my Rumor Update article published last Thursday. Nothing new uncovered since then:
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...out-clubs.html

Last Tuesday I ran this article about the Colonel being put up for auction at Disney Property Control. But be sure to read the Comments that follow the article as that is where someone supposedly "in the know" reports something is going on regarding Adventurers Club that he hints at but can't talk about:
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...-property.html

MOST IMPORTANT: Now is the time to send emails to WDW and Disney officials urging the return of both comedy and dance clubs at Pleasure Island. One of the comments includes numerous email addresses. You could really influence decisions that are about to be made!

BobK/Orlando
I sent a letter today, Thanks Bob

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #1192
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

I sent my letter on Monday and received a response today. Here is a part of it:
"We appreciate your passion for the Adventurer’s Club and enthusiasm for our product offerings.
We recognize that the Adventurer’s Club was a unique experience and is missed by many loyal fans, like yourself. With that in mind, you will be happy to know that our Creative team is constantly exploring options for us to reintroduce the spirit of the Adventurer’s Club at our Walt Disney World Resort. It is too early to say when or in what form that might happen, but we will continue to look in the hope of finding the right opportunity."

Who knows, maybe nothing, but perhaps if enough people care there could be something good that comes of it. FWIW I did mention the dance clubs and the Comedy Warehouse in my leter as well as AC.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #1193
jarrdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
"We appreciate your passion for the Adventurerís Club and enthusiasm for our product offerings.
We recognize that the Adventurerís Club was a unique experience and is missed by many loyal fans, like yourself. With that in mind, you will be happy to know that our Creative team is constantly exploring options for us to reintroduce the spirit of the Adventurerís Club at our Walt Disney World Resort. It is too early to say when or in what form that might happen, but we will continue to look in the hope of finding the right opportunity."

Who knows, maybe nothing, but perhaps if enough people care there could be something good that comes of it. FWIW I did mention the dance clubs and the Comedy Warehouse in my leter as well as AC.
Is it just me, or is that the most hope we've had in a while? I remember most the responses being pretty concrete that it was never coming back. I'm writing in and hope for the best! Kungaloosh!
jarrdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #1194
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
"We appreciate your passion for the Adventurerís Club and enthusiasm for our product offerings.
We recognize that the Adventurerís Club was a unique experience and is missed by many loyal fans, like yourself. With that in mind, you will be happy to know that our Creative team is constantly exploring options for us to reintroduce the spirit of the Adventurerís Club at our Walt Disney World Resort. It is too early to say when or in what form that might happen, but we will continue to look in the hope of finding the right opportunity."

Ah...I was wondering when we'd have another round of "I hear the AC is going to reopen at the Animal Kingdom Lodge/entrance to Night Kingdom/Flamingo Crossings aka PI2/etc." Guess it's time...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #1195
nytimez
Nihilist

Sure -- just like they "reintroduced the spirit" of Mr. Toad to Magic Kingdom. There's a pic of toad in Pooh, and a grave for him at HM... maybe right next to the eventual grave of the colonel.

That's the "spirit" -- get it?

In other words... don't hold your breath.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #1196
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

They must have that down in a form letter here is the email I just got:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us regarding the Adventurerís Club. We appreciate your passion for the Adventurerís Club and enthusiasm for our product offerings.

We recognize that the Adventurerís Club was a unique experience and will certainly be missed by many loyal fans, like yourself. With that in mind, you will be happy to know that our Creative team is constantly exploring options for us to reintroduce the spirit of the Adventurerís Club at our Walt Disney World Resort. It is too early to say when or in what form that might happen, but we will continue to look in the hope of finding the right opportunity. Please continue to check our web site at www.disneyworld.com for updates on new offerings.

Please also understand that a tremendous amount of thought went into our decision for the creation of Hyperion Wharf and a new vision for Downtown Disneyģ. As we look to the future, we are excited about the evolution that will occur in the next few years, introducing a brand new mix of shopping, dining and other opportunities for our Guests' enjoyment.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Sincerely,

Ana Brady

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Capt. Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #1197
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

My letter specifically DID NOT mention AC because I know they will latch onto that and send a form letter. I focused on MDP/8-trax music styles to be introduced into other venues. I also did not send to guest communications because I want it to be forwarded from an exec to them.

If they mention AC AGAIN like they did the LAST time I sent a flippin letter, they will get one back shaming them for not even bothering to read my letter.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #1198
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Saw the response email you posted on the Blog. It didn't mention AC but it was a form response I've seen previously. At least you got a response. I didn't get one.

BobK/Orlando
Old 05-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #1199
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Things are status quo on Pleasure Island. No new construction or renovations yet but no new demolitions either.

BobK/Orlando
www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com
Old 05-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #1200
StitchFanLV
Earning My Ears

From what I heard they are putting new shops and restaurants in their places.....something I've heard was a Star Wars themed store/restaurant
StitchFanLV is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: