Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #1171
AdventurerKat
Cries in her Jello shots
Adventurers Club Addict
Thinks she is invisible to the Tag Fairy, but she's not!

Having been to both locations of J&H in NYC (granted this was about nine years ago), and the Adventurers Club, J&H is no Adventurers Club. As the saying goes, often immitated but never duplicated. AC was much more immersive than J&H, and as I have heard it, J&H has become even less so over the years.

That being said, I think it would be a fun addition to City Walk if the rumor you have heard is true. And especially for an HHN prefunc.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #1172
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

some potentially exciting rumours on KINGBOBOFTHENORTH's blog! anyone know more? cant wait to hear more!!

also whats the rumour about Hyperion Wharf being indefinitely delayed/cancelled?? not seen any details on that rumour yet!?
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #1173
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Jekyll & Hyde is terrible, and stupid. Nothing more needs to be said.
I fell for the hype, then I went to NYC to see for myself.

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #1174
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

woooooooow! and the rumours just get better!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #1175
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

not to be too "negative"...but...

I can't stop laughing

What the hell are they doing? They try to schlep off the space to third party operators...come one come all...
But the economy still sucks (no matter what politico fed BS the Wall Street Journal tries to tell you)...and therefore travel sucks and will for the forseeable future...

so now Iger runs out and stands in the way of the wrecking ball waving his arms frantically in the wind (of course his hair remains perfectly in place)...and they are trying to put the lipstick back on the pig and get somebody to bite on outdated buildings that have sat vacant in the florida sun for two years...

You can't make this stuff up (if the rumors are true and i can certainly see how they are)

What a crock...this was all done to save the cost associated with a group of minimum wage employees and to eliminate some middle class tipped positions and to attempt to sell a few easy money rental and licensing agreements...nothing more.

It wasn't even really about Pleasure Islands performance (though it was bad) or the need for redevelopment. Like the sleepy DVC that stares at it from across the lake...this was about the 2000-2010 quick buck while cutting costs era. Nothing more.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #1176
Cobra B.
Merrily on my way to nowhere at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
some potentially exciting rumours on KINGBOBOFTHENORTH's blog! anyone know more? cant wait to hear more!!

also whats the rumour about Hyperion Wharf being indefinitely delayed/cancelled?? not seen any details on that rumour yet!?
At the House O'Mouse now and the same cast that always gave me the "never gonna happen, get over it" are now saying stuff like "we don't know what's going on over there now, anything is possible I guess."

So you're saying there's a chance?
9/94 GF, Poly; 4/95 Cont; 9/96 Poly; 5/97 OKW, Poly; 8/97 Cont; 12/97 CBR; 4/98 CSR; 9/98 CSR, OKW; 12/98 OKW; 4/99 CSR; 10/99 OKW, CL; 12/99 OKW, ASM; 4/00 OKW; 8/00 VBR, OKW, CSR; 12/00 OKW; 2/01 OKW; 10/01 AKL, OKW; 1/02 OKW; 4/02 OKW, PO, HH; 10/02 BCV; 11/02 OKW; 3/03 OKW; 10/03 Music, OKW; 4/04 PC, OKW; 9/04 BCV; 11/04 OKW; 1/05 OKW; 5/05 VB, OKW; 9/05 BCV; 12/05 OKW; 5/06 VB, OKW; 8/06 OKW; 11/06 OKW; 2/07 OKW; 6/07 VB, OKW; 8/07 OKW; 11/07 OKW; 5/08 VBR, BCV; 8/08 Sports, OKW; 12/08 OKW; 5/09 VBR, OKW; 8/09 BWV, BCV; 11/09 OKW; 5/10 OKW; 8/10 VB, SSR, Pop; 9/10 OKW; 11/10 OKW; 4/11 VBR, AKL KV; 8/11 OKW; 11/11 OKW; 1/12 OKW; 4/12 SSR; 8/12 OKW; 11/12 OKW; 4/13 OKW; 8/13 VBR, OKW It all started with a rabbit.

Cobra B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #1177
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra B. View Post
At the House O'Mouse now and the same cast that always gave me the "never gonna happen, get over it" are now saying stuff like "we don't know what's going on over there now, anything is possible I guess."

So you're saying there's a chance?
To be fair...the last place you should go to for info on development at WDW is the employees. They know nothing.

Just as a personal example: when they decided to shut our hotel down for rehab in 2002...they had a hurry up meeting to announce it only after it was leaked to intercot.

Workers are on a "need to know" basis and they don't need to know.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #1178
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
Here's a link to what I posted on the SAVE PLEASURE ISLAND BLOG yesterday.
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/

It's just a rumor so don't know if it's fully true or maybe just part of a bigger story.....or completely wrong. It is what a source reported to me.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #1179
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Unhappy The Colonel up for sale?

This doesn't seem hopeful for the AC...from Twitter:

Quote:
johnhensel John Henselmeier

For the first time in 5 years, I'm standing in front of the Colonel. At property control. #kungaloosh

@DisneyMagicMan for sale, silent auction, starting at $1000

I snapped a photo of him (the Colonel), I can't post it, but it's a really depressing picture...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #1180
4tinkerbe
DIS Veteran

Smile neato!!!

Even though it wasn't in pleasure island, i wish they wouldn't have done away with the virgin megastore. that place was awesome I think the best thing they could put in pleasure island is a ferris wheel and even more restaurants!!!!

4tinkerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #1181
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tinkerbe View Post
Even though it wasn't in pleasure island, i wish they wouldn't have done away with the virgin megastore. that place was awesome I think the best thing they could put in pleasure island is a ferris wheel and even more restaurants!!!!
done away with? all virgin megastores in america closed (as they had in the uk earlier).

as for even more restaurants!? are you serious!? luckily thats what disney wanted over 2 years ago and that plan has spectacularly failed!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #1182
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
This doesn't seem hopeful for the AC...from Twitter:
Saw a pic--it's sad. Turn out the lights, the party's over...
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #1183
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

/me pours out a Kungaloosh for the departed.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #1184
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend View Post
/me pours out a Kungaloosh for the departed.
Glad I have the DVD to rewatch the shows whenever I want, but I'll miss Fletcher Hodges pulling me onstage to sing, and the masks expressing their sympathy thinking I shaved me head because of a lice problem.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #1185
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

The colonel was pulled from auction for apparently a "very good reason"

There is apparently an interesting story developing, but those in the know haven't yet leaked it on the internet. All we can do is hope...and send letters.

For the record, I don't care personally about AC much, but I recognize what it was. I always said I would help the plight of the AC people, hoping that in return they do the same for me when it come to a techno and 70/80 club returning.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: