Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #1126
TisBit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
Sorry if someone mentioned this.. but does anyone suppose that "Hyperion Wharf" could be home to a "Wonderful World of Color" evening show.. as is the case out west at DLR?

?
It would be interesting draw to DTD if they did a show in the Lagoon behind DTD, you would have views from SSR and DTD....

As mentioned, it would bring in large numbers of people from on site and off site, but transportation could be a nightmare. There is limited parking as it is and you would need extra busses running. Where would they take everyone to for views of it, etc. Plus, would the ferries/rental boats from POR, OKW and SSR be impacted by the elements of the show being in the water....I presume that they have to be somewhat near the surface? Maybe a watered down (hehe) version could be cool that happened every hour or something?
TisBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #1127
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Sources say that there will be 5 impressive water fountains installed along the PI/West Side shoreline of Village Lake. But it's not possible to do the things they're doing at Disney California Adventure because Village Lake is a live lake with plant and animal life. And the DCA show is a ticketed event; they're not going to give that away for free at Hyperion Wharf!

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #1128
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

The demolition of Motion is about 50% complete and the demolition of Rock'n'Roll Beach Club has begun but is moving at a slower pace. According to the Orlando Sentinel, the outdoor, waterfront seating area is supposed to be open by this summer. The paper questions who is going to be using it though, since a similar area on the West Side stays largely empty.

Pics at: http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...destroyed.html

BobK/Orlando
Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #1129
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Keeping you updated, fresh pictures of the beginning of the demolition of RRBC. Motion is about completely gone now.

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...on-begins.html

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #1130
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

With both Rock'n'Roll Beach Club and Motion both demolished and the debris mostly removed, work now is concentrating on site preparation for the outdoor amphitheater and rumored fast-food kiosk. Latest pics at:

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...rkey-legs.html

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #1131
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
With both Rock'n'Roll Beach Club and Motion both demolished and the debris mostly removed, work now is concentrating on site preparation for the outdoor amphitheater and rumored fast-food kiosk. Latest pics at:

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...rkey-legs.html

BobK/Orlando
We were there last wek and took the pontoon ferry from OKW, and got off right by the construction. They were really going at it. Hyperion Pier, apparentley.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #1132
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Any chance of a Disney themed Chili's??? That would be sooo cool. If not maybe a Taco Bell? Either with with the 3 Calebellero's! Maybe an Aladdin themed gyros restaurant ...
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #1133
mitros
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
Any chance of a Disney themed Chili's??? That would be sooo cool. If not maybe a Taco Bell? Either with with the 3 Calebellero's! Maybe an Aladdin themed gyros restaurant ...
OK, good idea, the Taco Bell and the Gyro restaurant, don't care much for Chilis, though. Maybe it's because the one here by us sucks.....in many ways.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #1134
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

The only restaurant semi-announced so far is the Mahogany Bay Classic Old Boats and Great Food restaurant. That was in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Whether it comes to fruition remains to be seen.

Taco Bell....no way. Del Taco.....now you're talking!

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #1135
mitros
86 miles from the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
The only restaurant semi-announced so far is the Mahogany Bay Classic Old Boats and Great Food restaurant. That was in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Whether it comes to fruition remains to be seen.

Taco Bell....no way. Del Taco.....now you're talking!

BobK/Orlando
Hey Bob, is Del Taco that much better? Don't have one in our area. I'll have to try it next time we are in Orlando, as much I do not care to leave Disney property, other than to go back home that is......
Old 02-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #1136
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
Let's get some original restaurants instead of these stupid chains! Most of us have a Chili's and Taco Bell at home. We want something very different and unique when on vacation!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #1137
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMickey View Post
Let's get some original restaurants instead of these stupid chains! Most of us have a Chili's and Taco Bell at home. We want something very different and unique when on vacation!
My goodness.... I thought they were joking with these suggestions.

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #1138
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

We got planet hollywood, hardrock cafe, and house of blues. so give me a Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and I'm set

http://www.margaritaville.com/cafes.html

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #1139
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASteelersMidget View Post
We got planet hollywood, hardrock cafe, and house of blues. so give me a Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and I'm set

http://www.margaritaville.com/cafes.html
Margaritaville is already at Citiwalk...for all we know there is a clause in the contract preventing them...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #1140
jarrdisney
DIS Veteran

Just to clear anything up, there's a whole lot of sarcasm going on. NO ONE wants to see another chain restaurant in Disney. Kungaloosh!
jarrdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: