Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #601
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Zulemara reports that there is some kind of Pleasure Island cast member reunion scheduled for the 27th as well. I have no further details on it at this time.

BobK/Orlando
That's actually the way I heard it.. So, perhaps there are two separate events.

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #602
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Zulemara reports that there is some kind of Pleasure Island cast member reunion scheduled for the 27th as well. I have no further details on it at this time.

BobK/Orlando
I have heard a number of former PI/AC employees were planning on being on the Island the night of the Congaloosh party just to reconnect one last time. I didn't think it was anything formal though, just the last chance to see a lot of the favorite actors in their signature roles. Maybe there is a separate event before somewhere on property?
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #603
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
I have heard a number of former PI/AC employees were planning on being on the Island the night of the Congaloosh party just to reconnect one last time. I didn't think it was anything formal though, just the last chance to see a lot of the favorite actors in their signature roles. Maybe there is a separate event before somewhere on property?
That could be it, but isn't the ConGaloosh event at the Club on the 25th? I think the official ConGaloosh activities are over by midday on the 27th. So if there's an event on the island on the 27th, it's separate from ConGaloosh.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #604
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
That could be it, but isn't the ConGaloosh event at the Club on the 25th? I think the official ConGaloosh activities are over by midday on the 27th. So if there's an event on the island on the 27th, it's separate from ConGaloosh.
It's scheduled for the 25th to the 27th, with the Hoopla on the 25th, so you are correct. The web site isn't very clear on the schedule...but several former cast members are expected to be attending in general.

I think Lou Mongello's AC party is on the 24th, although I think he was aiming for the 27th...I was pretty sure someone had booked the last possible weekend...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #605
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
It's scheduled for the 25th to the 27th, with the Hoopla on the 25th, so you are correct. The web site isn't very clear on the schedule...but several former cast members are expected to be attending in general.

I think Lou Mongello's AC party is on the 24th, although I think he was aiming for the 27th...I was pretty sure someone had booked the last possible weekend...
I think I also heard the Mongello party is the 24th.

The Congaloosh is in the Club itself Friday the 25th--that's the night I heard there would be an unofficial employee reunion outside, probably centered around Laffers.

Saturday the 26th, while the Congaloosh moves to one of the DTD hotels, the Club itself is booked...rumor has it for a wedding (not even sure this will even have shows, they might be turning it into a dance club again, many fan-favorite actors will be down the street at the Con). Possibly a two-day event? I've heard nothing about that Sunday, but it's entirely possible that is booked as well.

After that...the Yakoose, Colonel and Babylonya wing it to Hong Kong.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #606
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

I had been told the reunion was at laffer's, but I didn't think they meant on the island, so I was looking for further confirmation. God help us if we have to stand there with that celebrate tonight BS.

edit: I'll be wearing my "I'm celebrating another empty building at DTD" button and "don't be bashful, reopen the clubs!" tshirt!

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #607
NUHuskies#1
My kids speak in COD code.. I don't know what it means! I don't know what it means!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Well unless you were clubbing in the 80s and 90s your reference point to high end night club in boston or nyc is a bit off since now we have lounges and not night clubs boston used to have all of Lansdowne, narsicuss and in saugus you had the club complex.
Ah...Lansdowne (the Nine, the Metro) and Narcissus.. the good ole days. Let's not forget Sean's and Fanueil Hall.

And yes, I was probably one of the 40somethings out on the floor in 8trax during SSW with some other Disney Moms. Now its gone.. and its very sad. But on a bright note, last June my husband and I headed over to Jellyrolls one night and it was like being down the cape in S. Yarmouth during a Jim Plunkett Happy Hour!!!!!!!!!!

I do miss the clubs at Downtown Disney and wish Disney could bring them back but for now Im happy with the drunken sing alongs.

Waiting for the bus at Animal Kingdom
NUHuskies#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #608
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
I had been told the reunion was at Laffer's, but I didn't think they meant on the island....
Yes, I have heard it's a get-together for ex-PI CM's at Laffers but the sentiment is that they don't want to be anywhere near Celebrate Tonight (which is uniformly hated) so consideration is being given to meeting at RR instead.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #609
AprilLizbeth
Big-time dork!

Has it been confirmed that Colonel and Babylonia will be leaving? Are artifacts absolutely going to Hong Kong?

We are now a family! Baby Joseph was born October 5, 2012!
AprilLizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #610
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

I wonder if the robbery at the DTD McDonalds will have an impact on any decision (or lack of a decision)?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #611
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLizbeth View Post
Has it been confirmed that Colonel and Babylonia will be leaving? Are artifacts absolutely going to Hong Kong?
I was told that one of the Colonels (apparently he had a double! ) and many other artifacts were definitely going. I haven't heard about Babylonia, though.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #612
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

D23: Many were hoping to hear something about the future of Pleasure Island. Alas, nothing.

BobK/Orlando
Old 09-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #613
cmash95
a princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
I was told that one of the Colonels (apparently he had a double! ) and many other artifacts were definitely going. I haven't heard about Babylonia, though.
all three have a double just in case they need to replace them. even fingers has one. frankly it would be cheaper to build new ones in hong kong than use these because these will need alot of reworking if they want them operable remember they are over 20 years old.
september 2006- carnival miracle
may 2008 - disney magic reposition through panama canal
December 2009 - disney magic eastern with stop in st croix.
August 2010 - disney wonder 5 day castaway cay
june 2011- dinsey dream 5 day castaway cay
june 2012- Disney fantasy 7 day eastern
cmash95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #614
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Well hold your horses because I'm hearing a new rumor that AC is to reopen (on our beloved Pleasure Island) by January 1st.

BobK/Orlando
Old 09-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #615
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

Quote:
Well hold your horses because I'm hearing a new rumor that AC is to reopen (on our beloved Pleasure Island) by January 1st.

BobK/Orlando
Any news about the Comedy Warehouse or its building? I'd love to see improv return to PI again.

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013 & 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: