Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #556
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<
 
Maistre Gracey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mostly Connecticut, but preferably VWL or VB!
Posts: 7,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
I think this was the original thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2217994

But I still haven't seen anything that a single object from the AC at WDW is going anywhere...
Thanx for the link..
I take this as a positive sign for the AC. Obviously Disney thinks the AC is popular enough to keep in some form, and it sounds like Hong Kong may be a sounding board for the dinner show idea.

MG
__________________
Kungaloosh!

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #557
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 2,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
I take this as a positive sign for the AC. Obviously Disney thinks the AC is popular enough to keep in some form, and it sounds like Hong Kong may be a sounding board for the dinner show idea.
That's how I originally read it too. But the latest information from a usually reliable source over in the forums of the wdwmagic website is that AC at PI building is not reopening and the building is coming down along with the Soundstage building.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #558
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...
 
Jason71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
I'm skeptical about this one. Although certainly anything can happen at this point, this makes little sense to me because supposedly Motion is the only building 1) that does not have a roof leak, 2) still has a kitchen from back in the days when Fireworks Factory was there & 3) the only space still easily usable as meeting space. So they want to add new restaurants and this would be the easiest to accomplish it yet they'd tear it down for a pathway?

BobK/Orlando
No argument, King Bob--my first words when I heard this were, "you mean not the building that's been condemned?". My source was adamant, tho. It makes zero sense. Which may be the only reason I believe it, we are talking DTD here.

Re: AC artifacts. There was a press release about the new Hong Kong restaurant, and it included concept art that seemed to include the Mask Room masks. I've since heard through the CM grapevine (from a source in a position to know, not a bus driver) that in fact Hong Kong will use the actual AC artifacts--half of which belong to Joe Rohde anyway, who I believe is now in charge of designing that park.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #559
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...
 
Jason71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
That's how I originally read it too. But the latest information from a usually reliable source over in the forums of the wdwmagic website is that AC at PI is not reopening and the building is coming down along with the Soundstage building.

BobK/Orlando
Realistically, the AC has such an odd design...the open Salon, two side rooms not really big enough for restaurant seating, secret tunnels...that you couldn't easily use it for anything other than an interactive comedy club. Plus it's not set up to allow waterfront dining. If the Club goes, no reason for that building to stay up.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 PM   #560
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<
 
Maistre Gracey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mostly Connecticut, but preferably VWL or VB!
Posts: 7,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
That's how I originally read it too. But the latest information from a usually reliable source over in the forums of the wdwmagic website is that AC at PI building is not reopening and the building is coming down along with the Soundstage building.

BobK/Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
Realistically, the AC has such an odd design...the open Salon, two side rooms not really big enough for restaurant seating, secret tunnels...that you couldn't easily use it for anything other than an interactive comedy club. Plus it's not set up to allow waterfront dining. If the Club goes, no reason for that building to stay up.
I think both of these statements are consistent with the club re-opening as a dinner show.
I think a new building would be needed, as I don't really see how the current building could be used for a dinner show. In addition, according to another source, the building is in need of a fairly extensive refurb anyway.

That said, I would much rather see the club re-open as it was...

MG
__________________
Kungaloosh!

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #561
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 2,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
I think a new building would be needed, as I don't really see how the current building could be used for a dinner show. In addition, according to another source, the building is in need of a fairly extensive refurb anyway.
One of the earlier rumors was that the Soundstage part of the building was going to be the restaurant site. Soundstage/AC are one building. One would pay a package price that would include AC shows in that section and then a meal in the other section. But the latest rumor was that the whole thing was coming down!

Unfortunately July is quickly coming to a conclusion and the only thing announced (which did confirm a rumor pertaining to personnel changes) was that Lansberry was moving on to greener pastures.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #562
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Unfortunately July is quickly coming to a conclusion and the only thing announced (which did confirm a rumor pertaining to personnel changes) was that Lansberry was moving on to greener pastures.

BobK/Orlando
which was good news for PI at least! not such good news for AK
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #563
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<
 
Maistre Gracey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mostly Connecticut, but preferably VWL or VB!
Posts: 7,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
One of the earlier rumors was that the Soundstage part of the building was going to be the restaurant site. Soundstage/AC are one building. One would pay a package price that would include AC shows in that section and then a meal in the other section. But the latest rumor was that the whole thing was coming down!

Unfortunately July is quickly coming to a conclusion and the only thing announced (which did confirm a rumor pertaining to personnel changes) was that Lansberry was moving on to greener pastures.

BobK/Orlando
I also heard the end of July timeframe for an announcement, but now I'm hearing by September 28th?? (Whatever the one year anniversary is).

MG
__________________
Kungaloosh!

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #564
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 2,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
I also heard the end of July timeframe for an announcement, but now I'm hearing by September 28th?? (Whatever the one year anniversary is).
The September date I keep hearing as a possibility (or just wishful thinking) has to do with the D23 Expo. A lot of big Disney big shots are going to be there to entertain the attendees and there is speculation that some announcements will be made there.

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/031009...esToSoCal.html

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #565
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder
 
zulemara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,344

As predicted, Starabillas has closed at DTD. The bold new vision just keeps gettin better!
__________________
DIS Unplugged DTD/Rumors special correspondent
Come join us on the rumors board!



zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #566
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 2,862

Someone on another board posted that Motion and RRBC buildings will be coming down, possibly as early next month. The space that RRBC currently occupies will be the home to a building designed to look like a lighthouse and in the bottom will be a bar and a fast food hamburger restaurant.

If this rumor is true, I have to say Disney Imagineers really outdid themselves thinking this one up!

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #567
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Someone on another board posted that Motion and RRBC buildings will be coming down, possibly as early next month. The space that RRBC currently occupies will be the home to a building designed to look like a lighthouse and in the bottom will be a bar and a fast food hamburger restaurant.

If this rumor is true, I have to say Disney Imagineers really outdid themselves thinking this one up!

BobK/Orlando
You are so right about that - you just can't find a bar and a hamburger restaurant (fast food at that!) in any ole town! That will definitely draw me to the area. I am so thankful they have gotten rid of the clubs and the fun. NOT.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #568
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Someone on another board posted that Motion and RRBC buildings will be coming down, possibly as early next month. The space that RRBC currently occupies will be the home to a building designed to look like a lighthouse and in the bottom will be a bar and a fast food hamburger restaurant.

If this rumor is true, I have to say Disney Imagineers really outdid themselves thinking this one up!

BobK/Orlando
Was there an artists rendering on this other board , Bob? And could you tell me the name of the board where you saw this?
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke

Last edited by mitros; 08-17-2009 at 02:22 PM.
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #569
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...
 
Jason71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitros View Post
Was there an artists rendering on this other board , Bob? And could you tell me the name of the board where you saw this?
As the guy who posted on the other board, I've yet to see an artist rendering, although I imagine there is one locked up in Imaginieering somewhere. Most of what is currently the Beach Club will be given over to patio seating.

Another aspect to the rumor is that McDonalds is to close (has been rumored for months now). So essentially, there is nothing new here--McDonalds will be replaced with a burger stand, and (presumably) PI Live will be moved across the walkway. It does show, however, that WDW has given up the idea of transforming DTD into "the new Sand Lake Road" and is instead trying to think up something else to do with this stretch of real estate.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #570
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
As the guy who posted on the other board, I've yet to see an artist rendering, although I imagine there is one locked up in Imaginieering somewhere. Most of what is currently the Beach Club will be given over to patio seating.

Another aspect to the rumor is that McDonalds is to close (has been rumored for months now). So essentially, there is nothing new here--McDonalds will be replaced with a burger stand, and (presumably) PI Live will be moved across the walkway. It does show, however, that WDW has given up the idea of transforming DTD into "the new Sand Lake Road" and is instead trying to think up something else to do with this stretch of real estate.
OK, I'm confused. What do you mean by most of the Beach Club is given over to patio seating?
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: