Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #526
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

well I'm gonna make a trip to DTD to see what ridiculousness they have going on down there. Will report back later

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #527
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Will look forward to hearing what's going on down there! I haven't been in over a month.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #528
zulemara

nothing new, unfortunately. The on and off rain kept celebration plaza from going full force. When I popped on the island they were doing a game of simon sez over by their little props house.

I talked with a couple bartenders for a while. They were getting pretty consistent business and they said it's usually busier, but the rain was hurting things. No new rumors or anything unfortunately.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #529
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Will look forward to hearing what's going on down there! I haven't been in over a month.

BobK/Orlando
Bob, I find it odd that you live in Orlando and have not been to Disney in over a month. What kind of ticket do you have? Florida residents seasonal? How far are you from the WDW property? Just curious.

Last edited by mitros; 07-11-2009 at 08:57 PM.
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #530
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitros View Post
Bob, I find it odd that you live in Orlando and have not been to Disney in over a month. What kind of ticket do you have? Florida residents seasonal? How far are you from the WDW property? Just curious.
Yeah, my weekend nights have been spent at Universal CityWalk or downtown Orlando! As for distance, close enough that I can hear the Wishes fireworks show off in the distance.....and could see them too if some other homes didn't block the view!

BobK/Orlando
Old 07-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #531
zulemara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitros View Post
LOL I work there so I don't go very often. Quite frankly, when you live here, Disney is an attraction that you visit when you have time. It's not a 24/7 vacation, there is laundry to do, bills to pay, cleaning to be done, and lots of other things to do in Orlando besides Disney. I think most locals only go occasionally.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #532
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

So, come the end of Sept. when nothing has happened on PI, isn't it about time to just say "Well, Disney is going to do nothing with the Island except rent space out like they did to Paradiso 37"? Call it a bygone attraction and move on?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #533
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
So, come the end of Sept. when nothing has happened on PI, isn't it about time to just say "Well, Disney is going to do nothing with the Island except rent space out like they did to Paradiso 37"? Call it a bygone attraction and move on?
Probably, but other than Paradiso 37, NOTHING has happened on Pleasure Island. They've not rented ANYTHING out as of yet. Paradiso 37 could have happened without everything being closed down because it went into space that was empty anyway. Does the one year anniversary of the closure and employee layoffs have any significance which allows them to finally do something with those old clubs? Don't know.

BobK/Orlando
Old 07-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #534
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Probably, but other than Paradiso 37, NOTHING has happened on Pleasure Island. They've not rented ANYTHING out as of yet. Paradiso 37 could have happened without everything being closed down because it went into space that was empty anyway. Does the one year anniversary of the closure and employee layoffs have any significance which allows them to finally do something with those old clubs? Don't know.

BobK/Orlando
I think the only plan they have is to wait for the economy to get better and they'll rent those spaces out. Point is, just call it a ghost town and forget about it in the same way River Country is forgotten!!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #535
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
I think the only plan they have is to wait for the economy to get better and they'll rent those spaces out. Point is, just call it a ghost town and forget about it in the same way River Country is forgotten!!
its a bit hard to forget about it when they're expecting people to walk through it to get to the west side!
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #536
jfinke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
its a bit hard to forget about it when they're expecting people to walk through it to get to the west side!
Hey now.. Without all of the "gangs" and "creep teenagers" it is now safe to walk across an abandoned area. Never mind people going to the movie theater are shooting themselves in the foot with concealed guns.
jfinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #537
Donald&Tinkerbell
Mouseketeer

Just don't go there

I shop in the afternoon. We went to Pleasure Island & West End at least one night a trip to go to dinner and the Adventurer's Club. The restaurants are not good enough to just go for them & then have to go somewhere else for the evening. We'll eat at a resort or EPCOT & go to JellyRolls. That's what we've done for last 2 trips & plan to do for the next 2 trips at least.

10/78 Daytrip , 05/79 Off Property, 10/92 Off Property, 10/98 POFQ, 12/00 BW, 12/04 POFQ , 02/05 AKL, 12/05 BW , 02/06 BW, 02/07 BW, 04/07 BWV, 12/07 Pop , 01/08 Saratoga Springs, 1/09 POP, 4/09 CB F&G Fest 10/09 POP & BW F&W Fest: ;1/10 BWI thanks to my wonderful husband:1/11 BW1/12 Swan
Donald&Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #538
zulemara

I'm hearing strong sources indicate a press release is coming very very soon, perhaps this next week, which would stick with what I was told before that there would be one in July.

In short, what I'm hearing thus far does not bode well for our clubs

Old 07-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #539
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

I think this proves the point I made several months ago that because there were absolutely no leaks about what was rumored to be coming to PI, there actually was nothing planned. Now that something is definitely planned, the rumors are flowing.

BobK/Orlando
Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #540
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
I think this proves the point I made several months ago that because there were absolutely no leaks about what was rumored to be coming to PI, there actually was nothing planned. Now that something is definitely planned, the rumors are flowing.

BobK/Orlando
There was a leak about the AC coming back in some form... A very unique leak. I wish I could explain, but unfortunately I can't.

It also should be stated that no matter what they decide to do, nothing is definite until it actually happens. Therefore, a leak may be 100% true at the time, but it may never end up happening. Even things Disney has formally announced have been scrapped.

MG

Last edited by Maistre Gracey; 07-19-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: