Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #376
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Okay, I have hinted at the rumor before, but now I will expand slightly..

The Adventurers Club will re-open in some form.
This comes from a high placed source. That said, they would not say exactly "what form" the club will take on.

A second source not only confirms it will re-open, but they give more detail.
Look for a dinner show type club. The audience will move from room to room as a unit so all shows are viewed. The BET may be converted to extend the space of the Club.

Full blown re-opening penciled for June 2010.

Again, the first source is truly high level but they gave no details.

Of course, until it happens... it's anyone's guess.

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #377
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

hhhmmm.....

Disney Auditions is seeking DJ Hosts for an exciting new night time offering at Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL. DJ Hosts should have strong interactive skills, high energy and an engaging personality. Full time and part time positions will be available.

Performers employed by the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement with Actors’ Equity Association.

Audition Information:

By Appointment Only

Appointments are available between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. To schedule and appointment please call 407-397-6594.

Requirements:

* Applicants must be at least 18 and authorized to work in the United States.

* All technical equipment, music and videos will be provided by Disney.

* This audition is based upon music knowledge, performance, technical skills and dynamic personality. Applicants should have at least five years of club/radio disc or video jockey experience as well as diverse music knowledge, a strong speaking voice and be able to interact with guests.

EOE - Drawing Creativity from Diversity - ©Disney

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #378
TECHJPM
Mouseketeer

I just sent an article to syndicate...

I sent an article to syndicate on the tethered balloon idea...

Here is a exerpt...

Don’t shoot the messenger… My opinion is just that… OPINION!

Just found this on the web, and wanted everyone to see it.

This was rumored back @ 4 months ago, but no solid proof. Well, here is the proof. This comes direct from the Aerophile website.

Dear friends,

We are proud to announce you that a new tethered balloon for WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT, lifts off next spring.

Downtown Disney® in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., will get its own iconic attraction, in the form of a giant tethered balloon that will take guests 300 feet into the air to view the vistas of Walt Disney World® Resort starting next spring.

The balloon will give visitors keen for thrills the chance to ascend to the skies above Downtown Disney® for a six-minute trip, by day or night. It will give up to 30 guests at a time an unparalleled, 360-degree view of up to 10 miles.

The balloon is the newest and largest of the company’s Aero30 model, with a volume of 210,000 cubic feet, a 72-foot diameter, a circumference of 240 feet, and a height of 105 feet. It has a quick 8 points mooring system and a landing platform on the lake designed especially for Downtown Disney®.

With our operation in Disneyland Resort Paris since April 2005 and two systems currently in operation in California (at Great Park in Irvine, and at Wild Animal Park in San Diego), this balloon will be our 2nd operation with Disney and 3rd in the US.

We will be very glad to wellcome you at the IAAPA Attractions Expo in Orlando, Fla., from November 18 to 21 at booth 3033.

While I think this might be nice, there is also a real question… Who brainstormed this? From Downtown Disney what is a person really going to see, and in 6 minutes? In Disney it takes an hour in most cases to get on a ride. 30 people??? Well, I forsee a lot of people fighting to see the same thing.

Can you picture it? Look over there, there is a thing in the woods. Where? Where? Thump, Ooomph, Splat. I don’t see anything. Better call an ambulance, as I think I just accidentally knocked someone out.

Where do they come up with these things? How much is this venture going to cost?

I think that Downtown Disney was left better with the clubs, and such. Maybe they needed to do some work on the area, and clean up some of the policies, but in general the area was great. (Barring the few drunks that is.)
TECHJPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #379
TECHJPM
Mouseketeer

Thanks... But...

I gotta say that it is nice for everyone to get our hopes up with these rumors, but in respect to reliability...
Any executive that knows of something that may be, and finds out in a meeting will not normally tell anyone. Unless they have a unempolyment, and legal wish. We all know how Disney is with their disclosures.

I like how everyone says high up source, or executive, or whatever...

I am a 28 year veteran, and have been there more than most employees, and I could speculate, and guess... BUT I DON'T.

This also pertains to JimHill... His info is usually so far off the map, or may have been an idea. How do you think he makes his money? He writes, and relies on everyone to buy what he is selling.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #380
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHJPM View Post
I gotta say that it is nice for everyone to get our hopes up with these rumors, but in respect to reliability...
Any executive that knows of something that may be, and finds out in a meeting will not normally tell anyone. Unless they have a unempolyment, and legal wish. We all know how Disney is with their disclosures.

I like how everyone says high up source, or executive, or whatever...

I am a 28 year veteran, and have been there more than most employees, and I could speculate, and guess... BUT I DON'T.

This also pertains to JimHill... His info is usually so far off the map, or may have been an idea. How do you think he makes his money? He writes, and relies on everyone to buy what he is selling.
Yup... Agreed. It's all still just a rumor. I am not trying promote this as "fact", but rather a rumor with some strong backing.

That said, the source reliability is unusually high. In addition, the way in which I learned of it also boosts the credibility.

I think one real problem with rumors is that although they may be "fact" at the time, those plans change.

MG

Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #381
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
A second source not only confirms it will re-open, but they give more detail.
Look for a dinner show type club. The audience will move from room to room as a unit so all shows are viewed. The BET may be converted to extend the space of the Club
Hmmm...I seem to remember putting forth a similar idea on one of these threads some time back...and we know Disney reads the boards...I wonder if they'll give me credit.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #382
Maistre Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Hmmm...I seem to remember putting forth a similar idea on one of these threads some time back...and we know Disney reads the boards...I wonder if they'll give me credit.
I do remember that being floated in the past!!

Hey, you never know...

MG

Old 03-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #383
zulemara

I agree. As excited as I am at some developments, I am not saying PI is reopening, but I'm holding out hope and you can be sure I'll be on the island at lest 2x a week looking for any clues I can find.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #384
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

This morning my Blog website is reporting why the DJ's are being hired and the latest rumors about Mannequins and 8TRAX reopening.

This is not presented as fact but just rumors.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #385
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

I did happen to recently see the Mannequins disco ball installed firmly into place -- at AIE.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #386
TECHJPM
Mouseketeer

Well...

Long live PI.

Granted, we will not see the light at the end of that tunnel.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #387
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Roam View Post
I did happen to recently see the Mannequins disco ball installed firmly into place -- at AIE.
Cruel, cruel, cruel!
But I hear Mannequins is going to take it back!

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:49 AM   #388
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Me too! I posted that before the clubs even closed...

But mine was a rumor from inside... not my idea. Dag-nabit.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #389
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

I have confirmation for one of King Bob's rumors--the PI Live DJ booth moves to the space over Laffers April 4. There will be two "DJs"--one upstairs playing music, the other "working the street," interacting with guests. There will also be street performers, like stilt-walkers. Apparently the event or area will be renamed "Festival of the West End."

Could be fun, if it captures the vibe CityWalk used to have. Or it could just be an overly elaborate way of saying "Pay no attention to those empty buildings surrounding us." By the way, all these positions are being outsourced. I suppose that adds credibility to the new rumor of a 3rd party vendor running Mannequins/8-Traxx, but may be a bad sign for AC/CW.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #390
zulemara

It seems to me this idea of the 3rd party outsourcing makes the most sense, is fiscally productive, and for the most part, would shut up most of the critics. Open 8-trax, mannequins, and AC and most will be happy. CW has a following, but not nearly that of AC. Additionally, it clearly seems the clubs need to be sustainable on their own and not as part of a larger entity. AC has a much better chance of making money on its own than CW does IMO.

Motion and Soundstage can rot for all I care. There is nothing nothing unique about those clubs. Half the time atlantic dance turns into Motion anyway, so go there if that's what you want. The only thing I'll say is that even soundstage's light show far surpasses anything else in Orlando.

Lets just hope this is really going to happen. Lets also hope if a third party is gonna open up those two clubs, that they remain largely unchanged in music and theme

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: