Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #316
asianway
Kungaloosh!

Were all 8 adventurers in attendance?
asianway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #317
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

FYI I was in PI before work this evening and did not notice this(I was in a hurry) but I went back to PI after work and guess what? the big giant sign that says Pleasure Island housed on top of mannequis was NOT lit up!

Construction coming? possibly
guests complaints about it looking like the PI of old? Possibly
Lansberry sending a signal that PI is not reopening? possibly
or just a simple maintenance problem? Possibly

I worked door host at Atlantic dance and talked to some people who obviously have not been here since the early 90s. They were shocked that PI was closed including the AC and even asked about church street station, which is in complete ruins thanks to PI putting it out of business.

I encouraged them to write a letter...not that it'll do any good, Disney needs to know when it screws up as much as when it does things right.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #318
whodini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianway View Post
Were all 8 adventurers in attendance?
I assume this was in response to me. Yes, all of the adventurers were there. Along with the induction ceremony, they also made a friend and I do some fertility stuff with Babylonia and Fletcher hosted a Treasure Room show.
whodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #319
zulemara

Second night with no pi sign above mannequins. I stopped at guest relations and the guy said he thinks they r slowly turning off signs because they r changing the name of thw island

Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #320
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
Second night with no pi sign above mannequins. I stopped at guest relations and the guy said he thinks they r slowly turning off signs because they r changing the name of thw island
Could be. One of the prior rumors was that the whole complex was going to be called Downtown Disney with no differentiation between the 3 sections and their current names. Or it could be they're going to dismantle the building so they need to take the sign down. Or it could be they need to maintain the sign because PI is going to reopen. Or it could be......who knows!

BobK/live from Chicago
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #321
zulemara

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Could be. One of the prior rumors was that the whole complex was going to be called Downtown Disney with no differentiation between the 3 sections and their current names. Or it could be they're going to dismantle the building so they need to take the sign down. Or it could be they need to maintain the sign because PI is going to reopen. Or it could be......who knows!

BobK/live from Chicago
yes once again Disney does something that leaves us completely clueless as to their intentions!

Old 02-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #322
DorothyPoppins
Earning My Ears

subscribing

*Off-site 2005 *Beach Club May 2007
*DCL Wonder May 2007 *Riverside May 2007
*AKV Sept 2008 *Boardwalk Inn Oct 2009 *AKL Jan '11
In Omnia Paratus

DorothyPoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #323
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
Sorry if the prices I quoted were confusing to you. That's why I said what they're offering is expensive! I have my doubts that this way of livening up the island is going to accomplish much. I did not write down the AC capacity and I see you're working off 100 guests. That is indeed $100 per person. However, you could have $5K in drink tickets which would be $50 per person which is a LOT of drinks for those in attendance. Too much, in fact. So maybe you have $25 in drink tickets and allow for finger foods. Makes the $100 entry fee more palatable and perhaps you'd find 100 people willing to do it.

BobK/Orlando
It wasn't your post that was confusing.. It was my optimism that got the best of me..

Anyway, I called and got the info for an AC rental. I am considering putting something together for October, however I would need "pre-paid commitment" as I don't want to be stuck with a $10k bill.
I'll see just how much "commitment" there is as the time approaches. Of course that assumes it will still be offered after September.

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #324
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

I get the impression that if they can rent the places out then they don't need to reopen them. I hope that's not the case. If the rumor is true that they need to get some activity going out on the island because it's so dismal right now, then they simply need to reopen as much as they can. PI fans by the hundreds (if not thousands over the course of the summer) would return willingly to spend our $ and € and £.

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 AM   #325
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
PI fans by the hundreds (if not thousands over the course of the summer) would return willingly to spend our $ and € and £.
No argument here. Heck, last Saturday night, CityWalk apparently had a line to get past security that stretched the length of the rotunda (that's not even counting all of us who flooded the place from the Studios after Mardi Gras). The line outside Bob Marleys looked like the Adventurers Club on its last day, switchbacks and all. Rising Star was SRO within minutes of opening.

There's a market for nighttime entertainment in Orlando, and Disney is doing its shareholders a disservice by refusing to reopen PI in some form.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #326
Jason71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
It wasn't your post that was confusing.. It was my optimism that got the best of me..

Anyway, I called and got the info for an AC rental. I am considering putting something together for October, however I would need "pre-paid commitment" as I don't want to be stuck with a $10k bill.
I'll see just how much "commitment" there is as the time approaches. Of course that assumes it will still be offered after September.

MG
Have you heard about the nonprofit group putting on a private anniversary event, the "Congaloosh," in September? No details have been released yet, but there will be a VIP event in the Club (with characters) September 25. Would be a significantly cheaper way to experience the Club again. PM me and I can put you in touch with the organizers.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #327
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
Have you heard about the nonprofit group putting on a private anniversary event, the "Congaloosh," in September? No details have been released yet, but there will be a VIP event in the Club (with characters) September 25. Would be a significantly cheaper way to experience the Club again. PM me and I can put you in touch with the organizers.
This is interesting because how can they stage the event at the prices PI is charging to rent without receiving donations from those that want to attend equaling at least that same $100 per person? On the other hand, if they have doners paying to rent the place, then that perhaps gives them the ability to sell tickets for less.

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #328
Jason71

Quote:
This is interesting because how can they stage the event at the prices PI is charging to rent without receiving donations from those that want to attend equaling at least that same $100 per person? On the other hand, if they have doners paying to rent the place, then that perhaps gives them the ability to sell tickets for less.

BobK/Orlando
Well, not sure it won't be $100 a person--but that's still a lot cheaper than putting up $10,000!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #329
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
Well, not sure it won't be $100 a person--but that's still a lot cheaper than putting up $10,000!
True dat.

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #330
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

I was on the DVC member site and there was a link to "Check Out The Fantastic New Downtown Disney Vision", which when clicked took you to a page that said, "That page is unavailable". LOL, just like in real life.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: