Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #1486
skier_pete
DIS Veteran
 
skier_pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
Buffalo has the Bills and the Sabres, we aren't allowed to be funny.
Wrong - Buffalo has the Bills and the Sabres - we have to be able to laugh!
__________________

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #1487
WebmasterCricket
Administrator
I'm what Willis was talkin' about
 
WebmasterCricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,240
DISboards Administrator

Wore a Kaleta jersey to Raglan Road and got booed 3 times on the walk through West Side and cheared twice so i guess it's love hate
__________________
WebmasterCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #1488
MATTinNH
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 88

OH MY DEAR GAWD......I meant Trader SAMS LOL .... We just got a Trader Joes up this way, so it must just be on the brain LOL
MATTinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #1489
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,482

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Ouch!

(I'm just joking here too!).
~Awww, sorry skier pete! I totally forgot my "rofl" smiley -- you are a comic genius!!! I couldn't believe I missed the joke, and what's worse is, I actually loved the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
Buffalo has the Bills and the Sabres, we aren't allowed to be funny.
~LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Wrong - Buffalo has the Bills and the Sabres - we have to be able to laugh!
~LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
Wore a Kaleta jersey to Raglan Road and got booed 3 times on the walk through West Side and cheared twice so i guess it's love hate
~LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTinNH View Post
OH MY DEAR GAWD......I meant Trader SAMS LOL .... We just got a Trader Joes up this way, so it must just be on the brain LOL
~LOL.

~Wow. This thread keeps getting funnier & funnier! Anyway, Trader SAM's is in the picture -- I know this doesn't confirm anything but at least there's a good chance that some of these vendors will come to DTD!



__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #1490
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!
 
mcd2745's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC (Queens)
Posts: 2,330

Is Trader Sam's Disney owned/operated? Or is it operated by a third party?
__________________
mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #1491
BDL
DIS Veteran
 
BDL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,256

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
Wore a Kaleta jersey to Raglan Road and got booed 3 times on the walk through West Side
I'm sorry. That was me. I'm a die hard Bruins fan.
__________________
December 10-17th PTR



BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #1492
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,482

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Is Trader Sam's Disney owned/operated? Or is it operated by a third party?
~Hi mcd, good question! I don't know, I hope someone else chimes in. "Trader Sam's" appears to be a Disney owned establishment, but I'm not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I'm sorry. That was me. I'm a die hard Bruins fan.
~Awesome! This is just too funny, lol.
__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #1493
dano4
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 32

I'd Like to See a Nod to Pleasure Island Included

I'd only been to Pleasure Island once and I had a blast! Having a drink and dancing to great music at Mannequins and 8TRAX are fond memories of mine. It would be nice if they would incorporate at least one place where adults can go and let their hair down. I know they have the Atlantic Dance Hall, but the atmosphere inside that place doesn't feel the same as that of Mannequins and 8TRAX. Thoughts???
dano4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #1494
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 2,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano4 View Post
I'd only been to Pleasure Island once and I had a blast! Having a drink and dancing to great music at Mannequins and 8TRAX are fond memories of mine. It would be nice if they would incorporate at least one place where adults can go and let their hair down. I know they have the Atlantic Dance Hall, but the atmosphere inside that place doesn't feel the same as that of Mannequins and 8TRAX. Thoughts???
Agree....would be great to have at least one dance club at Disney Springs. As for Atlantic Dance Hall, it is not marketed by Disney so it's relatively seldom crowded. Was there last Thursday night, a week full of spring breakers on property, yet ADH was close to dead.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #1495
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran
 
lockedoutlogic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joisey
Posts: 3,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

Agree....would be great to have at least one dance club at Disney Springs. As for Atlantic Dance Hall, it is not marketed by Disney so it's relatively seldom crowded. Was there last Thursday night, a week full of spring breakers on property, yet ADH was close to dead.

BobK/Orlando
Yeah...they kinda did the whole dance club thing for 20 years...and they apparently found it so not palatable, not profitable, or not inline with what they wanted to do moving forward that they closed them all on a moments notice and chose empty building or demolition for 5 years.

Just as I can't see them caring about an adventurers club...I can't see them caring about dance clubs moving forward.

If a third party operator wants to come in and run clubs by their rules...then I'm sure they'd have no problems with it.
__________________
Went there.....
Worked there....(Resort Operations)
Wed there....(EPCOT 2004)
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom


"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #1496
wdwdano@yahoo.com
Theme Park Commando
 
wdwdano@yahoo.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 327

Not sure where I read it but I think shake shack is on the list.
__________________
wdwdano@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #1497
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 2,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwdano@yahoo.com View Post
Not sure where I read it but I think shake shack is on the list.
Shake Shack is on the list.....of rumors. Someone leaked the logo boards of shops and restaurants supposedly coming to Disney Springs but Disney has officially announced nothing.
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogsp...ng-to-dtd.html

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #1498
wdwdano@yahoo.com
Theme Park Commando
 
wdwdano@yahoo.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post

Shake Shack is on the list.....of rumors. Someone leaked the logo boards of shops and restaurants supposedly coming to Disney Springs but Disney has officially announced nothing.
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogsp...ng-to-dtd.html

BobK/Orlando
I am from ny, but I never tried shakeshack. Interesting enough i have had in and out burger when I lived in San Francisco. I would like to compare.
__________________
wdwdano@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #1499
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Shake Shack is on the list.....of rumors. Someone leaked the logo boards of shops and restaurants supposedly coming to Disney Springs but Disney has officially announced nothing.
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogsp...ng-to-dtd.html

BobK/Orlando
It's looking more and more like that board was strictly for an internal presentation of possibilities and hope-fors more than any actual contracted tenants.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #1500
Lewisc

DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,438

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
It's looking more and more like that board was strictly for an internal presentation of possibilities and hope-fors more than any actual contracted tenants.
I doubt we'll see a "Disney Burger" and a Shake Shack. I doubt we'll see a restaurant with the name "Disney Character Dining", although I suspect there will be character dining.

No doubt the board was for internal use only. I don't know if it was by Disney or by an outside firm showing the kinds of tenants it would sign if awarded the contract to manage DTD. Disney loves to outsource, I'd be surprised DTD isn't managed by another company.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: