Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #31
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

i will be on the next flight!!(for dinner)

do you have to have a minimum people book for those rates?

i am 3 hours from the World..if you see a strange lady wearing a "Disney Fairy Tale Wedding" robe off to the side watching and crying..don't have her arrested..just tell me..er, her to get lost
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #32
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
i will be on the next flight!!(for dinner)

do you have to have a minimum people book for those rates?

i am 3 hours from the World..if you see a strange lady wearing a "Disney Fairy Tale Wedding" robe off to the side watching and crying..don't have her arrested..just tell me..er, her to get lost
I would love company for dinner, if anyone wants to visit Germany I don't think there's a minimum people...it's just the room block for the wedding. I'm a little fuzzy on room block, but if it starts to fill up, I have to increase it, because they can only hold 20% more rooms than I "agree" to. Confusing!

Now, on with the show...
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #33
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

Subbing so I can read all about your fairy tale weddings!!!!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #34
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Impromptu Planning Session

Okay...where was I? Oh, yes.

We had just gotten married (at 8:00am), and at 3:00pm we had a Planning Session with Michelle.

When I found out I was coming home and going to Disney within a couple weeks, I emailed Kristi frantic about being able to do a PS. It was going to be my only chance to get to WDW before the wedding, and I wanted to have a PS. They always look like so much fun!!!

Kristi was super sweet, but things were a little backwards. She couldn't meet with us till Sunday to go over venues, but she had already mentioned an idea to us. We met in Germany, got together in France and visited Italy together (among other places), so we were thinking of an "around the world" theme with wedding in Germany, reception in France, DP in Italy. I liked the idea, so that's what we were going with.

So, she set it up for us to meet with Michelle on Friday to talk specifics for this plan, and then she would go over the specifics of venues with us on Sunday. No problem...or so I thought.

I was still on a high from marrying the hottest guy ever at WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! And I thought it would be nothing but fun, fun, fun to plan the next installment. I walked into Franck's and was blown away (who isn't?). Then, I met Michelle (super sweet, BTW), but she started doing her job and asking all these questions that I WASN'T PREPARED TO ANSWER! I think they started to worry about me, because I got quieter and quieter, and by the end I was plum worn out.

I just hadn't had time to think about it all. Normally, you obsess for MONTHS, THEN go to the PS. I did it backwards, and it didn't work out too well. We met with Rose, as well (also wonderful!!!), but ideally you would walk away feeling comfortable that your decisions were set in stone. I walked away feeling I didn't know what I didn't know. I now was more unsure than ever.

Don't get me wrong. DFTW was great. They accommodated my crazy situation, instead of making me stick to the recommended way of doing things. And it was still wonderful to be there planning our wedding. Here's a few pics we snapped that day. My hair was still done from the wedding, because I didn't want to take it down

We did settle on these centerpieces for the Illuminations at Italy Isola. They are simple and will give off a nice glow. They're just personalized vellum paper around a wine glass with battery operated tea lights. We're going to have red and white checkered tableclothes with a "Lady & the Tramp" Bella Notte theme.

I also really liked these invites for the "Lady and the Tramp" party.

We also chose the Mad Hatter Cake to go along with the "three country" theme. We planned to do a Blue and White "Bavarian Flag" on one layer to represent Germany, something "French" on the second layer, and red and white checkers for Italy on the top.

After we were done at Franck's, we walked over to the WP "just for fun" to check it out. I shouldn't have done that!

I saw this and was IMMEDIATELY conflicted. I had just spent a month talking to Kristi about the "world" theme. I had just spent a whole day planning my wedding for a completely DIFFERENT event, and now I was in love with the WP!!! Uh-oh!

So, DH and I walked around the GF. We had ADR at the CG in an hour or so, so we had some time to kill. I was trying to run through all the options and issues in my head, and I was just getting more and more confused. DH was trying to help me figure it out, but I finally told him the problem with making a decision about ONE venue is that I'm saying NO to all these other beautiful possibilities!

At one point, the stress of it all got to me, and I actually started crying, because I needed to make a decision and couldn't! That really worried DH, because he was like "my bride is crying on her wedding day!!" But, it was planned as a working wedding, and that's what it was

The story does get better, but I really need to get to bed, so I'll leave off there. But, at least we're finally talking about planning. And we're still planning on using those tealight lampshades!

Last edited by tiggerrifficheidi; 03-28-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:37 PM   #35
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

OMG so glad you started!!! Just getting caught up on it all!!

first, the STD's are awesome! You did a really great job! And i love the colors of your website!! You're very talented!!

second, man I really loved the idea of the around the world theme!! That sounded really cool!! Obviously by the tone, i can tell you're switching to WP which is beautiful too, but hopefully you can keep the around the world theme to it!!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #36
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Heidi,

Another great update! Wow you got a lot done in such a short period. Love the ideas you have so far!
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #37
pixiemama3
Mouseketeer

i loved reading your first pj/tr and i am loving this one already.

the save the dates are so pretty great choice.. i love the little lamp shades.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #38
gibsi53
Mouseketeer

Heidi-
You're cool. I like where you head is at. So far your PJ is great. Thanks for sharing with us

PS- you're getting married (again) on my birthday
gibsi53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #39
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

Hey, sounds like a true Dis Bride! Completely enthusiastic!
You and your DF are incredibly cute! I was reading your first page to my DF out loud and telling him how cute your story is!

I am the same with the worrying about choosing the wrong venue. At one point Disney had to reserve two dates and two venues for us so that we could make up our mind. I felt so bad I ended up picking quickly so that someone else could get the date if they wanted it.

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:26 AM   #40
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

Great next installment!!! And, I felt the same way you did after my PS. I was so exhausted by the end of it I had no clue what I had said yes to or if I liked any decision I made. I went through each decision second guessing it until I realized, I made the right decision in the first place!! Can't wait to hear the rest of yours!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #41
WithDisneySpirit
DIS Veteran

That really is a gorgeous pic of the wedding pavilion It would be great if you can have an Epcot photo shoot in the three countries most meaningful to you both How about that?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #42
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Heidi -- I am so sorry you were feeling overwhelmed and conflicted on your wedding day, but it was for such a good reason. It is amazing to have so many wonderful choices, rather than feeling like you are "settling" for anything. I can't wait to hear about everything you've decided!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #43
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

plans...

I like the wine glasses with the vellum /tealights for Illuminations... That is unique! Sounds pretty!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #44
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisneySpirit View Post
That really is a gorgeous pic of the wedding pavilion It would be great if you can have an Epcot photo shoot in the three countries most meaningful to you both How about that?
That is a GREAT idea! Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
Heidi -- I am so sorry you were feeling overwhelmed and conflicted on your wedding day, but it was for such a good reason. It is amazing to have so many wonderful choices, rather than feeling like you are "settling" for anything. I can't wait to hear about everything you've decided!
You're absolutely right! I don't mean to complain. I am still thrilled with the whole idea, but every now and then we have rude awakenings from our Disney dream back into cold, hard reality. That was one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
I like the wine glasses with the vellum /tealights for Illuminations... That is unique! Sounds pretty!
Rose recommended it, and they had that displayed in Franck's. I thought it was a great/simple idea. Hopefully it gives everything a good look!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #45
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Loving the PJ so far, can't wait ot hear the next installment!

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: