Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 10:35 AM   #106
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-28-2002, 11:56 AM   #107
Chance's Mom
WL Vet

Question Boat to FW Campfire

I am so glad to see the Wilderness Lodge FAQs!!!! I have been to Disney several times, and have always wanted to stay here. I am taking my DS (age 5) down for a short trip in August, and have finally talked him out of staying at ASMo. He absolutely loves the Toy Story Buildings. Don't get me wrong, ASMo is a great bargain, but I really want to stay at WL. Because of these boards and Mousesavers, I was able to book 4 nights, standard view, for $573.00 total using the codes and Disney Club. I have learned so much from this thread (thanks 999ghosts-great info!) I have a question about getting to the FW Campfire and movie (my DS is obsessed with Chip and Dale). Is there a boat that goes directly from WL to FW? Thanks!
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 31, 2003 12:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to WL & Disney Wonder Summer Vacation! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Cruisin on the Wonder!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
1998 Villas at the DI
1999 Grand Floridian
2000 All Star Movies--Toy Story
2001 All Star Movies--Toy Story
2002 All Star Movies--Toy Story
August 2002- Wilderness Lodge
January 2003- Wilderness Lodge
August 2003-First Time on the Disney Wonder!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2002, 06:25 PM   #108
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Hello, can anybody tell me if you can see the water parade from both south wing inner courtyard and the northwing? I was thinking of requesting south innercourtyard but a friend of mine said you could only see the parade from the north wing? Does any body have preference to one side or the other and why............ thanks Corvair
Old 04-28-2002, 08:22 PM   #109
JRoglitz
DIS Veteran

Talking

Yes there is a boat that goes directly from the WL to FW. We did this last May and my DD loved it. They have a petting zoo with pony rides and a nice playground. This October we are going to try it again and go to the campfire movie and maybe the hayride.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:40 PM   #110
MKingdom
Mouseketeer

Hi, Corvair! Yes, the third picture of the pool is looking off of our balcony. We had two adjacent rooms on the third floor...3161 and 3159. Keep in mind that we did zoom in for some photos with our digital camera, but this photo was taken from our balcony.

We really enjoyed the view from our rooms. And when you have a view of the pool, you can also enjoy an extra "show"...in the evening, wild ducks land in the pool and swim around for awhile. It's so cute!

You'll always be our beloved Dixie Landings!!!
Old 04-29-2002, 05:07 PM   #111
Mom2Em
Member of the SHY DIS'ers
I believe in Miracles!
I cry at everything!! You name it, I cry.

Okay, moving this thread back to first page...

Also, is it "legal" to bring my cups (soda) from last visit? Or should we buy new ones?
Old 04-29-2002, 05:14 PM   #112
hmp2z
Disney Bride, Mom to Molly, Moose, and Hannah (all in heaven), and Sophie and Emily

We are getting married at WDW on August 5th, and will be staying in the WL honeymoon room from August 7-11. I know that 2 of the honeymoon rooms face the MK, and 2 have a woods view. Since we will be at WDW starting August 2nd, we won't be at home to fax a request to the WL for one of the MK view rooms. Do you know if they take room assignment requests by phone, and if so, if we should just call the resort, or if there's another number to call for room control? If they don't take requests by phone, do you have any suggestions as to how we could fax a request to room control from within WDW? We would love to get a beautiful view for our honeymoon, since we are splurging on the honeymoon room.
Second thing I was wondering about - does anyone happen to know if the honeymoon room floorplan is the same as that of a standard room, just with a jacuzzi tub and king bed instead?
Thank you for any help!
Heather P

WDW Wedding 8/5/02
Why buy while animals die?
http://www.petfinder.com
Follow our Florida home construction journal
http://hmp2z.wordpress.com
Read our Disney dining reviews!
http://hpandaw.wordpress.com
Old 04-29-2002, 06:21 PM   #113
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

999: do the resort's prefer faxes or phone calls? I have a very detailed request (not for WL, but for the GF) and I was planning to fax them 5 days prior, and then give them a follow-up call 3 days prior. Would this be too much?

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:55 PM   #114
4firsttimes
Earning My Ears

We are going to WDW for the first time in June. We are a family of 6 staying in a Deluxe room at WL. Are there any deluxes with particularly good views that we could request?
Old 04-29-2002, 07:14 PM   #115
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

4firsttimes, there are some deluxe rooms in the inner courtyard with pool views. I think that they have the best locations, as they are pretty close to the lobby. Other deluxe rooms are at the end of the wings, with views of the lake.
Old 04-29-2002, 07:17 PM   #116
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Mom2em...

...my guess is that, if the refillable mugs are still the forest green and beige ones, who would be able to tell if you just purchased them or not? (are those the ones you have???) I say bring 'em along, just in case, and if you can use them, do so.....what about if you brought along 6-packs of soda or bottled water, etc? You could get the ice for free, anyway, and pour the can of soda (or whatever else you might like to drink) directly into the ice-filled mug. We did this when we brought along our DxL mugs to CSR to the Pepper Market to eat dinner there one evening....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-29-2002, 10:04 PM   #117
corndog
My childhood grows increasingly hazy day by day

When we bought our mugs there last week the woman at the register said that they are good whenever we come back and stay at the lodge, not just for that specific trip.
03/01 - Port Orleans - Riverside
09/01 - Grand Floridian
04/02 - Wilderness Lodge
07/02 - BWI Concierge/GF Sugar Loaf Concierge
03/03 - Port Orleans - Riverside
03/04 - Port Orleans - Riverside
05/05 - Wilderness Lodge
09/07 - Polynesian
07/10 - Polynesian
08/11 - Polynesian
08/12 - Grand Floridian
07/13 - Polynesian
Old 04-29-2002, 10:41 PM   #118
Mom2Em
Member of the SHY DIS'ers
I believe in Miracles!
I cry at everything!! You name it, I cry.

I am glad to hear that! We have 2 of them and my mother has one. I would hate to do anything "illegal" though.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:57 AM   #119
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

999ghts, Thanks for all of your great info. I would like to put a request in for south wing inner courtyard. I have 2 girls who will be at the pool all day. I would like to keep my eye on them if I could from our balcony. Would you consider that lower inner courtyard? I want to be as close to the pool as possible. Or would I just say at the end of south wing near the steps. I do not want them to have to run up and down the elevators all day. We will be hanging at the resort most of the afternooon and my girls run in and out of the room all day. Thanks for such great info. I have never been to WL, I am really getting excited. thanks...... Corvair
Old 04-30-2002, 07:29 AM   #120
maryp
DIS Veteran

We are leaving Fri for VWL!! Last visit was Nov 2001, stayed in a 2 bdrm, LOVED it!! We were also told our refillable mugs were "forever" when we purchased them. We have also stayed in the Lodge, all you need to do is walk into the lobby and you are hooked! It really is a beautiful resort, and very relaxing. This time it will just be me and dh ( no grand kids this trip!)
We have never had a problem with Disney transportation, always use it and Tiffany from the airport! Everyone enjoy!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: