Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 03:04 PM   #91
yensid1071
Tag Fairy Grovel Master of the CB
Welcome to the Caribbean
Padawan to Master Kama
Ya Ya "bother"

The busses from WL to other areas of the WDW property are okay, but not great. They have regular busses to and from the theme parks and water parks, but to really get anywhere else, you have to take a bus to the TTC, then transfer to another bus. During peak times I think they run busses to Downtown Disney. Depending where you want to go, it may be faster in the car.

The WL parking lot is a bit of a hike from the front entrance. If you're standing and facing the front of the lodge (the covered drive thru area), the main lot is back behind you and down a bit of a hill. There is a line of trees to block the view of the lot from the main entry. There is also a winding walkway and stairs thru the trees to get to the lot. I think they valet park, but I'm not sure of rates or if it's free (other than the tip, of course). And there are bear paw prints in the walkway, just like the other paths around the resort. Funny, I didn't know the bear population in central Florida was so big. I guess they were foraging for food while construction was going on.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:06 PM   #92
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

In my opinion, the WL self parking lot has one of the best parking lot locations of the resorts (second to the Polynesian). The self parking lot was always a very easy walk (unlike at the Floridian, where you have to walk past the valet lot, and across the street). Lately we've been valet parking all the time (except on a quick trip over to WL to get a shot glass - the lot is so close it doesn't even make any difference).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2002, 04:14 PM   #93
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

since....

...we are talking about self-parking and parking lots, how do you check-in when driving to WDW? Do you unload your car at the front door? Or, is it easier to leave the "stuff" in the car and go to your room yourself? (we did that when we drove to DxL last year; left our luggage in the car and just drove to our room and brought our stuff into the room ourselves [actually, that was NOT a good idea because our room was on the 2nd floor -no elevator- on the side of the building opposite the parking lot!!] so we didn't have to wait for a bellman -or bell"person"-!!!) Which brings me to another subject -- we are checking out of CBR the morning we will be checking IN to WL. Should we just have guest services pick up our belongings and have THEM transfer our things to WL? Has anyone ever done this....????
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 06:10 PM   #94
wld
Enjoyed an anniversary dinner at the castle
Likes to travel light
Was madly in love with Bobby Sherman

We transfered from CSR to CBR and guest services moved our luggage and us. Normally they only do luggage but the CM the night before had said they would move us too, and they did. Very efficient, no problems at all.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:07 PM   #95
kimmar067

what do you....

....mean they moved you, too? They picked you up, threw you over their shoulder, and carried you to the other resort (LOL) ???
But, seriously, how did they "move" you from CSR to CBR??
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 09:29 AM   #96
Mom2Em
Member of the SHY DIS'ers
I believe in Miracles!
I cry at everything!! You name it, I cry.

Turn down service

Is turn down service available to all guests or just concierge?
Old 04-27-2002, 09:35 AM   #97
kimmar067

bumping...

...so wld can answer my previous post.....!
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 09:44 AM   #98
kimmar067

Re: condensed information

Quote:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wal...WILDRoomGrping

Pictures http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/...&submit1=go%21We

From MKingdom-
stayed in 3159 and 3161...a long and winding path from the lobby at the end of a long day, but with a great balcony view of the pool, geyser, and electric water pageant.
http://www.amsbaugh.com/photos/jr_a...orld/Disney.htm

Room 7052 on the concierge level has a view of the Contemporary and Space Mountain (fireworks can be seen from this room)

From 999ghsts - Your standard rooms are floors 4, 5, and 6 in the first wing on the North...MK...side, these are all the rooms that directly look over the service area also the 4th floor rooms over the front desk are standard view rooms, they all look at roof peaks.
***Standard rooms DO NOT have King Beds, They are NOT
located on any floors lower than 4 and they are ALL non smoking****

Woods view rooms (also refered to as Lodgeview) are located above the Whispering Canyon (in the Lobby) floors 4, 5 and 6...these look out at trees, they above the front desk floors 5 and 6 also looking at trees, the first wing on the SOuth side floors 1, 2, 3, 4,5 and 6 facing the trees between the Lodge and the Villas and the rooms on the North wing facing MK floors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 these rooms overlook the "otter pond" and face towards MK with some (only a handful) being able to see the Magic Kingdom

Courtyard rooms are the inner section of the building they can be in the lobby, down the North or South wing facing in towards the Wilderness Lodge Pool, they can be the end of the hallways facing out towards the Lake or they can be the South wing facing the Villas and the Quiet Pool Courtyard.

Concierge is the 7th floor (7th floor also contains the Vice and
Presidential suites and the HOneymoon suites) there is no "Designated view" for these rooms they are all priced the same but you can still request a particular view.

Deluxe rooms are what was once called the Junior suites they are at the end of the hallways and are also not view specific (they can be woods view or courtyard). These do have connecting rooms in woods or courtyard avalaible as well.

Side Notes...
*The resort is primarily NON smoking, the only rooms that are smoking are the rooms on the 5th floor South wing (Villas Wing).
*95% of the King bed rooms are Handicap accessible meaning they DO NOT have tubs (just a roll in shower).
*There is only 1 set of (woods view) rooms that have connecting
bunks(meaning BOTH rooms have a set of bunks and a queen bed)...The resort is set up to have a room with 1 queen and a set of bunk connect to a room with 2 queens...or connect to 1 king (there are some that are 2 queen connecting to 2 queen and or 2 queen connecting to 1 king....there is also one set of King connecting to King)
* The lobby of the resort is actually the second floor so if you have a first floor room on the Villas side you actually have to walk halfway down the 2nd floor hallway to the elevator and go "down" to your room.
The 1st floor on the MK side are acessed via a ramp that slopes down past the restaurants. In this same reference the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors on the MK side can not be accessed by the main lobby elevator you would need to go past all the restaurants and use the elevator by Roaring Forks.
* Dormer balconies are ALL of the 7th floor and some of the 6th. The 7th floor does not extend out as far therefore the last wing on both sides on the 6th floor has the dormer balconies. The 1st and 2nd (and some portions of the 3rd floor) in certain locations also have dormer balconies as they are blocked in by the Brick used to create the "look" of the resort. You can usually find this at the ends of the hallway (where it "T's" before the next hallway begins.

My favorite rooms are:
Standard view over the front desk (they do look at the roof but you don't have the beeping of the trucks at night)
Woods view MK side overlooking the otter pond
Courtyard I don't really have a favorite, but If I had to pick it would be the South wing inner courtyard 4th floor [/B]
Just moving this here so you don't have to look all over the place for it!
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 09:46 AM   #99
MickFreak
Earning My Ears

We are going May 31 and have a woods view. Can anyone recommend a good room number? We are so looking forward to going and staying here!

Sue
All Star Movies 6/00
Disney Magic 6/00
Disney Magic 1/01
Port Orleans Riverside 6/01
Portofino Bay 6/01
Wilderness Lodge 6/02
Hard Rock Hotel 6/02
Old 04-27-2002, 09:51 PM   #100
Mom2Em
Member of the SHY DIS'ers
I believe in Miracles!
I cry at everything!! You name it, I cry.

Thanks 999ghsts! You always know the right things to say ! I thought it would be something neat to do the night after we go to MVMCP!
Old 04-28-2002, 09:15 AM   #101
wld
Enjoyed an anniversary dinner at the castle
Likes to travel light
Was madly in love with Bobby Sherman

kimmar067

Sorry been at work the last couple of days.
yep thats what happened, threw us over their shoulders and jogged on down to CBR. Hows that for service!!!! And what a sight it would have been.

To explain a bit better. We arrived at CSR at about midnight. I explained to the CM on duty that we needed our luggage moved to CBR the next day.(meeting family there) She said no problem and that they would pick us up in a van and take us too. From the boards I had understood that they take only luggage, so I mentioned this to her. She went in the back somewhere and then came and told us that they would be happy to take us and our luggage.

I'll never forget that night, we chose to walk to our room with our luggage (tired of sitting) and the air was so warm, the resort so beautiful....I digress

The next morning we called bell services to come and get our luggage as we wanted to get checked in to CBR and hit the parks. Just joking I mentioned to the bell services guy(technical term) that he was supposed to take us too. He said they didn't usually and I told him I know but the CM last night said he would. I also told him it was no big deal and we would just take the buses. He asks to use our phone and before I know it he is hanging up and said he arranged for a van for us and our luggage at the front of the resort and proceeded to start loading us up. He is also laughing and saying that he loves it when someone at the front desk screws up so he can give them a hard time. In his words "We are just like brothers and sisters that way" He took us up front, loaded us up in the van and we're off to CBR with two rather confused CMs. "We don't normally do this you know" But they were all good sports about it, we had made absolutely no fuss because I knew the CM on midnights had told me wrong. Guess it was just that Disney magic at work and we sure appreciated it with tips all around!!!

I'd still like to know if anyone has any idea if the sun shines in any of the rooms morning or afternoon!!!!
Old 04-28-2002, 09:32 AM   #102
CaliforniaDreaming

I'll add the resort floorplans to the FAQ:

LODGE Standard, Woods, & Courtyard View Rooms

LODGE Deluxe Rooms (formally Junior Suites)

VILLAS Studio

VILLAS One-Bedroom

VILLAS Two-Bedroom
Old 04-28-2002, 09:34 AM   #103
kimmar067

wld...

...GREAT STORY!!!!

Since we will be driving to WDW from NJ, we are probably just going to repack the van and drive from CBR to WL by ourselves...
we too are meeting the rest of our family there!!
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-28-2002, 10:15 AM   #104
kimmar067

Cali D....

...thanks for supplying the layouts....How many people does the 2-BR villa hold??
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-28-2002, 10:22 AM   #105
CaliforniaDreaming

The Two Bedroom Villa can hold 8 maxiumum, plus one child under age 3 in a crib. They are VERY nice, too! I was able to see the one that the DVC has open to the public there - it made me really want to try them!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: