Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 02:20 PM   #76
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

How is the transportation at WL. I hear good and bad reveiws? Anybody stayed there recently and could comment? I have read somewhere that there is not a buss for TL that you would have to go to transportation center and then on another bus. ..............We will have a car. How is the parking lot there? Is it a long walk to the rooms????? Thanks,,,,, Corvair
Old 04-25-2002, 02:52 PM   #77
BibbidiBobbidiBOO
AKL is my new favorite
SO, the CB lured me in.
Disney minds think alike!
No not that Bibbidi, I'm the OTHER one

I meant noise from the beeping trucks outside some standard rooms, and the normal lobby noise that drifts upward in lobby rooms! I guess I should have been more clear! We have NEVER had guest noise that bothered us at Disney !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2002, 03:51 PM   #78
lsep
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what time the boat that runs from WL to MK starts in the a.m.? We have PS at Crystal Palace at 8:20 and wanted to know if the boat was an option or if we had to drive. All these last minute things are driving me crazy.

Thanks for you help.

Laurie
Old 04-25-2002, 04:05 PM   #79
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

good question, Isep!!!

We were thinking of making ressies for O'Hana's for breakfast (or 1900 Park Fare) and would like to know the same thing....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-25-2002, 04:11 PM   #80
Wonderlandmom
Still Wondering...
Spoiled by Disney
I survived a daytrip to Epcot with a BUS of 5th graders!

The resort boat starts at 7:30. We had a 8:05 ps at CP. We had planned to take this boat to CR and walk over(easy enough!), but our captain asked where we were going and offered to take us to MK!:D We got there in plenty of time, even after stopping at CR. I guess you could take boat to CR and monorail to Ohana's. This was in Dec. and the MK boat did not start until 8 I believe.?? Check the times when you get there!
Old 04-25-2002, 05:15 PM   #81
JRoglitz
DIS Veteran

Talking

Just wondering what floor the courtyard view/lobby rooms start on? The ones directly ahead of you when you walk into the lobby.

Also, I started out in a Delux room last year with 5 adults and a two year old and then switched after one night to two connecting rooms above the reservation desk with a view of the roof tops. These worked out MUCH better. So if you have any questions about either I will try to help out.

Another great thing about the WL is the closeness to Fort Wilderness. It is great for young children with the movie campfire, hayrides, petting zoo, pony rides, and playground. It is only a boat ride away.

Going back in October and can't wait.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:35 PM   #82
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

I just uploaded some WL pictures to my Yahoo Photos account. I have 9 pictures.

Cali-D's WL Pictures
Old 04-25-2002, 06:52 PM   #83
jaguar9748
DIS Veteran

Smile

Snow White - the 5th floor balconies I was talking about are at the Villas; not the main lodge. :D
Previous visits: All Star Movies, All Star Music, All Star Sports, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Dixie Landings/Port Orleans Riverside, Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge Villas and Yacht Club
Old 04-25-2002, 08:45 PM   #84
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Cali-D......Your pictures are great..... The pool picture at the bottom, in the back, is the the trout pool bar to the right? thanks......Corvair
Old 04-26-2002, 06:50 AM   #85
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Cali-Dreamin'

Thank you for sharing such lovely pics ; this resort is MAGNIFICENT!!!!

Besides going to the parks, where else do the buses go (from WL)? Do any buses go directly to BW (we would like to go to ESPN one evening)?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 06:59 AM   #86
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

MKINGDOM,,,,, Your pictures are great. Question about under added photos, the third picture of pool. Is that looking off you balcony??? This is a great veiw??? That must of been innercourtyard south wing, and you said third floor???? That room location is just what i am looking for. Can you help? I can not with till I have alot of time and look at all of your great pictures. They are fabulous..... Thanks ...... Corvair
Old 04-26-2002, 07:31 AM   #87
lucki4
So sad it is over

Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing.
I am almost positive this is where we will stay. But, we have to have bunkbed room and a woods view.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:22 AM   #88
Lynnmarie
Earning My Ears

Originally, I wanted a room with a view so that I was able to see the fireworks but since the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom are only scheduled once the week I am there that is out. Now after reading all of your replies (which are great) I am seeking a room that has an open balcony; that is not facing the villas; that is convenient to get to the pool etc.; that has a nice view. I don't want too much. (ha ha)

I am staying in a courtyard room so if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciated them.

Only 10 more days to go!!!!:D :D :D
Old 04-26-2002, 02:39 PM   #89
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by corvair
Cali-D......Your pictures are great..... The pool picture at the bottom, in the back, is the the trout pool bar to the right? thanks......Corvair
Yes, that is the pool bar to the right. I think that is also where you got pool towels (they might have changed it since I've stayed there).

Quote:
Originally posted by corvair
Besides going to the parks, where else do the buses go (from WL)? Do any buses go directly to BW (we would like to go to ESPN one evening)?
I know it goes to the TTC and the major theme parks (shares buses with other MK resorts - I think the GF and Poly). I've heard that bus service is pretty bad. The only resort transportation I've used is the boat to the MK - it is a nice ride. We always rent a car, which got us from WL to anywhere we wanted to go quickly.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:43 PM   #90
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Thanks for the reply. Thanks for info on busses. We will also have a car so I think we will plan on using it. How are the parking lots at WL? Are they far away from the resort? So you found that the car was faster????? Corvair
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: