Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 02:38 PM   #751
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

JRoglitz....

....not sure, but I will definitely let you know when we get back. This is probably my last post (for a while!!) until my trips report after Aug 5.....

Countdown to WDW:
18 hours - 29 minutes!! - Happy, happy, joy, joy!!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 07-25-2002, 04:03 PM   #752
laurelk
Love to CRUIZZZZZ!

calendar/reserving room

I'm new here and just quickly skimming....did see kimmar on another page, have a great trip!

2 questions:

1. Where do you get those cute countdown calendars thingees?

2. We booked our trip through www.cruise411.com (LOVE them, used them before for other trips) but don't have any specific room info other than we'll be at WL and have requested to be near the other family with whom we're travelling. How would I go about requesting specific rooms, or won't they do that as I'm on the land/cruise package???

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2002, 05:02 PM   #753
WiscMomof2
I must be a real dork because being a DIS Veteran just made my afternoon!

Have a great trip Kimmar!!!

Laurelk

You can find a link right at the top of the tech board for the countdown timer.
DCL Wonder ~ 01-07
CSR ~ 03-08
Poly CL ~ 08-09
POP ~ 06-10
Disneyland ~ 07-11
Offsite ~ 06-12
Offsite ~ 06-13
Offsite ~ 06-14
POP ~ 08-14

Me , DH , DD 18, DD 16
Old 07-25-2002, 05:16 PM   #754
laurelk
Love to CRUIZZZZZ!

Talking thanks!

....for the calendar icon. But now it seems so far away....
Inside Passage/Celebrity Infinity (?) 9/06*Mediterranean 10 day/Celebrity Millenium 5/05*Mexico/Royal Carribean Vision of the Seas 10/02*Caribbean/Ocean Princess 1/01*Caribbean/Celebrity Galaxy 1/00*Alaska 10 day/Celebrity Galaxy 9/97*Honeymoon Cruise to Bermuda/Celebrity Horizon 9/96
Old 07-25-2002, 06:20 PM   #755
faeflora
Meredith College Class of '06
Where Angels Get Their Wings

More questions

hi..ok this is a birthday/christmas trip for my family.

We have booked two standard rooms, I use a wheelchair and do
not need any extra's to the room however my mom is also disabled and will need a hand shower and a shower seat...we requested both of these already through WDW Special Services approximately were would this kind of accessible room be?

Do you think we should send a fax prior to arrival that also highlights these needs?

Thanks in advance

Graduation and Christmas Trip to POP Century
Meredith College Class of 2006 12/19-12/26,2006

Meredith College Angels
Well behaved women rarely make history
Old 07-25-2002, 07:39 PM   #756
pattyT
Registered

I wish I was you Kimmar!
Have Fun!
Can't wait to hear what you have to say when you get back!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:47 PM   #757
dpic
DIS Veteran

Specific Room numbers for Woods View.

Thanks for your earlier reply, 999 Ghts. And thanks again for all your wonderful advice.

After all the discussion and comments, I think I've decided on my room location. I know it's a ways away, but I want to strike while the iron's hot (i.e. I'll probably change my mind 100 times in the next couple of months).

So, here goes. I've decided on a Woods View, non-smoking, bunk beds, on the MK side with a view of the otter pool, 4 or 5th floor (open balcony for children), with the best possible view of the Magic Kingdom. Can you give me room numbers for this, please?

I know when I fax, it's merely a request. Like many others before me, I'm thrilled to be staying at WL and will happily accept the decision of the room assigner knowing they did their best.

Thanks so much,

Dan P.

P.S. Do I begin or end the fax with an on-my-knees, pleading-for-mercy, appeal for a free upgrade to the presidential suite? :D

Old 07-26-2002, 02:57 AM   #758
Bear Necessities
Mom to my three little angels!
I never even thought of velcro

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 999ghsts [/i

Bear Necessities...Yes it is true. The concierge floor does not have any deluxe rooms on it. The 7th floor has the Presidential and Vice Presidential suites where the deluxe rooms would be on the other floors. But you can get connecting rooms on that floor.

Thank you so much 999ghsts! That helps me make my decision to what Kind of room we want to reserve. so I think we will stick with the Deluxe room for now. Not like I have to make a snap decision huh/ We have a looooonnngggg way to go.

Thanks again.!
Old 07-26-2002, 06:40 AM   #759
johndavid
Earning My Ears

Bear Necessities

Sorry it took so long to reply.

Just wanted to let you know that with the new codes Jean (Magical Journeys) saved us almost $600 on our Deluxe Room for 12/7 - 12/14. Got the discount through the Disney Club. Original cost $2444.91, new cost $1857.96 (includes tax)

I would highly recommend contacting Jean, she did all the work and I saved all the money.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:35 AM   #760
farleyman
DIS Veteran wannabe

to 999ghsts,

First let me say how much your information is appreciated. It is truly wonderful that you have taken the time to answer all of our questions. Thank you again.
My wife and I are going to be there 10-14 Dec in a standard room. I've gone thru all the posts on this thread,(won't even tell you how long that took) and read all of the posts regarding where the different rooms are located. From what I have been able to gather, the standard rooms are located above the front desk, looking out at roofs and such, and this is what you prefer. The other ones are located above the service area. I think I also remember reading that a few of these have views of MK and the lake(please correct me if I am wrong.) I understand that we have only paid for a standard room, but do any of these that over look the service area have any decent views of MK, the Lake, and/or things like the Contemporary? I know that you prefer the quieter rooms over the front desk, but I guess I am just seeing if there are any standard rooms that may have a decent view(aside from looking down at the service area), and if there is, which room numbers/floor these are. Any help is very, very much appreciated.

--Jim
Old 07-26-2002, 10:59 AM   #761
dpic
DIS Veteran

Thanks, 999 Ghts! One more general question.

Thanks, again, for the room advice, 999 Ghts. I'll do just as you suggested and not worry about specific rooms and just go for the 5th than 4th floor.

One other general question for anyone. When I found the new codes and used them, I asked the CM at CRO what the rate would be for a deluxe room at the WL. To summarize, She quoted me $119 at AKL. I asked, "$119 for a deluxe room?" I was surprised at the price. She answered, "yes, all rooms at AKL, WL are deluxe rooms as these are considered deluxe resorts." I realized the confusion and politely asked what a “deluxe” room at WL would be. She then said she couldn’t find a deluxe room quote. I then asked what the concierge room rate was. “Oh, concierge,” she said, then quoted the rates.

My question is, are “Deluxe” rooms, and “Concierge” rooms one in the same? Is there a different term I should have used (I thought deluxes were termed Jr. Suites at one time)? If they are different, can one reserve a deluxe without concierge service, and a deluxe with concierge service? As far as rate structures go, is it Standard, Woods View, Courtyard View, Deluxe, Concierge? I’m not planning on changing room choices. I just was a little confused how rooms are setup and wondered.

Thanks again.

Old 07-26-2002, 11:26 AM   #762
Bear Necessities
Mom to my three little angels!
I never even thought of velcro

Quote:
Originally posted by johndavid
Bear Necessities

Sorry it took so long to reply.

Just wanted to let you know that with the new codes Jean (Magical Journeys) saved us almost $600 on our Deluxe Room for 12/7 - 12/14. Got the discount through the Disney Club. Original cost $2444.91, new cost $1857.96 (includes tax)

I would highly recommend contacting Jean, she did all the work and I saved all the money.

Johndavid,

Thank you so much for your insight. Boy Id say Jean really went to bat for you. That is wonderful. You said Magical Journeys huh. HUMMMMM Well you know where Im going next.! LOL
Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:48 PM   #763
faeflora

Dear 999ghosts
I can not thank you enough for all of the wonderful information that you have supplied to this thread....my family is just thrilled to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge...
thanks again
faeflora

Meredith College Angels
Old 07-26-2002, 02:05 PM   #764
PrincessAurora
Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in green tights when you can have the Tag Fairy! ;)

The Lodge is the Best!

I stayed in the Lodge last November and it was FABULOUS! From the time we pulled up to the door I knew this was special. The cast members were so nice, as was the front desk staff. Pictures do not do the front lobby justice at all! It is breathtaking!

Our room was on the 4th floor and was above the Cub's Den overlooking the path to the bus and the Villas. It was a lovely view and very quiet.

The Store was well stocked with all kinds of unique goodies and having a BOAT to go to MK on was fab! I can't rave enough about this place. The footbridge in the lobby over the stream. There is a small "geyser" that starts in the lobby, the stream runs out of the lobby into a small pool with slide and there is a large geyser that erupts outside as well.

You have elegance and solitude all together. Artist Point is an A+ place to eat. It came in 3rd over all to Citricos and Jiko on our gourmet Disney dining tour. FABULOUS FOOD!

The coziness of sitting in a big chair in the lobby in front of a HUGE fireplace, hunting for hidden mickeys and people watching. Come back at 2am after a night at Pleasure Island and the "night mice" are out buffing the floors and polishing the fixtures.

This place is not just favulous, it's home.

DL/DCA - too many times to count, Grand Californian Concierge 04, '10, DL Hotel '12
Club 33 - '91, 98, '99, '05
WDW - ASMusic: 10/98 - Port Orleans: 3/00 - Wilderness Lodge: 11/01, 10/03, 2/06, 4/07 - Animal Kingdom Lodge: 2/10, 3/12 - Boardwalk 1/14
Disney Cruise: Bahamas - 2013, Alaska - 2016[/FONT]
Old 07-26-2002, 04:02 PM   #765
faeflora

Silly question

My dad wants to know if the fireplaces will be operating during the month of December...he saw a picture of the resort today and thought it was beautiful.

Meredith College Angels
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: