Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 12:08 PM   #16
MKingdom
Mouseketeer

We stayed at WL last September and loved it! I'd call the atmosphere "the romantic west." There are lots of nooks and crannies with comfy chairs/sofas inviting you to stop and take a break from your day. Somehow the architecture and rocks make the temperature seem cooler inside. The fireplace in the lobby is beautiful and I believe the colors mimic the rock layers of the Grand Canyon. Theme music playing in the lobby throughout the day sounds like something from an epic movie (Last of the Mohicans?). The overall affect definitely has the Disney magic!

The next time we stay there, I'll ask for a room closer to the lobby. We stayed in 3159 and 3161...a long and winding path from the lobby at the end of a long day, but with a great balcony view of the pool, geyser, and electric water pageant.

You'll always be our beloved Dixie Landings!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 01:12 PM   #17
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

MKINGDOM, Can you tell me more about the lay out of the rooms? You said you were in room 3159. I was going to request to be at the end of the U shape courtyardveiw. Someone told me that the steps were at the end so you could use them to get to the pool instead of going through the lobby. Is this kind of where your rooms were? I would rather be more convenient to the pool than the lobby. Your veiw sounds like just what I am looking for. Were you close to the boat dock? Was this on the third floor? Thanks for any info. corvair........................................... .......................... At looking at the map of WL were you close to the poolbar?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2002, 02:36 PM   #18
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

MKingdom...

...when you exited the lobby to walk towards the pool area, were your rooms on the left or the right?
(OOOOHHHHH, this is getting SOOOOO exciting!!! )
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-22-2002, 03:09 PM   #19
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

I stayed at Wilderness Lodge a few years ago. We were in a Woods View room, #4082. It had 1 queen bed and bunkbeds. If I remember correctly, it had a solid balcony, I'm thinking it was sorta like a dormer balcony (4th floor). It is in the lobby area, behind the fireplace. It was a great room, however during the night you could hear the vaccum in the lobby. I did not notice any noise from Whispering Canyon, as it was below us. Our view was of woods.

We love the Artist Point restaurant, especially the Berry Cobbler!

Can't wait to stay at Wilderness Lodge again! Hopefully we'll be able to stay there for a weekend next year!
Old 04-22-2002, 03:18 PM   #20
kimmar067

"CaliDreamin' "

do you have any pics you csn share with us? (I don't know about anyone else, but I sure would LOVE to see 'em!!)
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-22-2002, 03:28 PM   #21
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

I think I have a few pictures of the grounds, but I'll have to scan them. Once I get them scanned (I'll have to look for them, too!), I'll be sure to post a link to them. Hopefully I can have them up by this weekend.

Old 04-22-2002, 06:40 PM   #22
Sonya
Kaki Gori Veteran
My brain just went *poof*

Thank you those of you who posted. Keep them coming!

Anybody ever had a Standard View that they liked? Got a room number?

What is the counter service like?

Is the pool very big? Is there a kiddie pool?

Old 04-22-2002, 06:54 PM   #23
MKingdom
Mouseketeer

kimmar067, when we exited the main lobby to go to the pool our rooms were on the right.

corvair, our room was on the third floor. I know we didn't take the fastest route to the pool! (We had my mom in a wheelchair, so we had to take the elevator. We just took the first elevator we found. I think we would have been closer to the pool if we exited our room to the left instead of to the right.)

To get to the pool we went out of our room and made a right all the way to the end of the corridor. Then we took the elevator to lobby level. From there we kept to the right, walking around a corner and exiting through a glass door that led to the little bridge by Silver Creek Falls.

The layout of the room was very nice. On entering, there was an ice bucket with glasses on a narrow chest on the left, followed by the closet. To the right was the vanity area and bathroom. Keep walking in and the beds are on the right (head end to the wall), the armoire with TV is on the left, followed by floor lamp, table, and two armchairs.

The sliding glass doors have lace curtains (NICE!) in addition to heavy drapes. There is a small table and two chairs on the balcony. We've got some pictures of the room on our website; check out the pictures from 9-25-2001 at this link to see the room:

http://www.amsbaugh.com/photos/jr_al...rld/Disney.htm

I always take room pictures!

Old 04-22-2002, 07:51 PM   #24
msdis
A Proud American

To help the excitement going I will add that DH and I spent a most romantic, relaxing, rainy afternoon last Sept. on a sofa on an upper floor admiring the ambiance of the lodge. One of my best WDW memories.
To help accent what a wonderful resort WL and VWL are, I will tell you how I begged my DH (Mr. BWV) to stay there on our DVC points. He agreed and we stayed last Sept. After our first night he agreed that WL was the best I already knew that. He then agreed to add on there(yippee!!!!) not once but twice. WE will be there this time next week, with another stay planned in Dec. and probably one next spring.

Only problem is we ran out of points and will be in the lodge for part of our stay(like that's a bad thing) and have forgotten about "regular" rooms. Can anyone say if there will be a coffee maker in the room? We will have refillable mugs but that 1st cup BEFORE you get dressed is really important! Actually this will be our first stay in a deluxe non DVC room. We have always stayed in the moderates before DVC. Any other special features over the moderates? Thanks!

Sonya, The counter service food is good it is just kind of limited though. Prices were same as that of other counter service. If you have been to the AS, DL, or CBR you will be disappointed but when you compare it to the fact that BW and Y&BC really don't have any, WL counter service selection is great.

Last edited by msdis; 04-22-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:55 PM   #25
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

DD4 loves ladybugs. Do they have a "Lady Bug Release" at WL. What other things can you do or see at WL?
Old 04-23-2002, 08:52 AM   #26
kimmar067

MKingdom...

...I just checked out your link to your pics of your vacation at WL. ** AWESOME **. How couldn't anyone NOT have a wonderful time at "The Most Magical Place on Earth"?
Question: there was one photo with the top of a white roof and the lake in the background - was this a view from your balcony? If not, where was this taken??? (Also: how lucky of you to get chosen as the Wilderness Flag Family - were you actually on the ROOF??)

Last edited by kimmar067; 04-23-2002 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:53 AM   #27
Sonya
Kaki Gori Veteran
My brain just went *poof*

MKingdom, your website is amazing! And I love what the maid did to your towels and animal. Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-23-2002, 10:48 AM   #28
Kristy-Mama Bear
Earning My Ears

Talking VWL QUESTIONS

We will be staying at the Villas at WL 10-21 to 10-24 and can't wait. We purchased points from DVC member and she has requested pool view/top floor for us. For anyone who has stayed in the Villas, what do you think? This will be our first trip to Disney to see all the parks. We saw MK a few years ago but just for a day. Tell me more about the rooms if you can and anything else that will build on our excitement. We have been planning this for soooooo long.

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 17, 2002 4:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>ORLANDO BOUND</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'YAHOO! ';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 04-23-2002, 11:50 AM   #29
MKingdom
Mouseketeer

kimmar067, we probably used the zoom feature on our digital camera, but that shot was taken from our balcony on the third floor!

We loved being the flag family! And yes, we were on the roof! We signed up for it when we checked in. We were careful not to say ANYTHING about it while we were standing in line. When we got to the front desk, the CM simply put our name in a book. To notify us that we were chosen, they slipped a letter under our door the night before the ceremony.

Our guide was wonderful and the view from the roof was AMAZING! We raised 5 flags. Being chosen meant a lot to us considering our trip was only 11 days after the World Trade Center tragedy.

You've got to sign up to be flag family!

Old 04-23-2002, 11:57 AM   #30
kimmar067

MKingdom, sounds...

...like the experience of a LIFETIME!!!! (almost better than meeting Mickey! lol) We will be having a family reunion (of sorts) in July/Aug and this would be soooo cooool!!! (Plus 3 birthdays in our fam around that time) What a surprise for our 3 DS's if we were picked !! Do they do this "ceremony" every morning? (also, are the flags taken down in the PM too?)

Last edited by kimmar067; 04-23-2002 at 12:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: