Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 03:30 PM   #1501
Disneymooners
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up rental car

I know how you feel Irish..

I almost worried mayself to death... should I or shouldn't I rent!! Then, after doing the math (shuttles to and from MCO, WDW & Universal, taxi's etc..) it didn't make sense not to rent especially with the great deal I got from Alamo (which is still running by the way) 7 full days for $166.00 total. I had to become an Alamo member (no charge) but it was worth it.

If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask

Congrats to you!!

Have fun

Disneymooners...
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 7, 2002 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>HONEYMOONERS...............1st trip ever to WDW </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Let the Honeymoon begin!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 10-24-2002, 03:35 PM   #1502
irishone1979
Loves all, Serves God

The thing is, we aren't going anywhere but Disney. We aren't planning on going to Universal or any other place. We are spending the whole 10 days in WL at Disney. Our meals are all paid for at Disney so we have no worries about that. I have just been reading about how horrible the Transport was from the WL to everywhere else....
That is what is making me worried.

Heather K

11/2002- WL Honeymoon
11/2003- My DD 5th birthday in Disney World
12/05- Our First Disney Christmas with my DH family
10/06 Our First Cruise Ever- Sailing on the Magic, 7 days at Disney staying at POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2002, 05:23 PM   #1503
peachgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm driving myself crazy! A few days ago someone posted a link about the walking trail between Fort Wilderness and WL. I thought I saved it, but I guess I didn't. It was a really neat link where you "clicked" your way down the trail. Does anyone happen to have the link or was I dreaming? I do that a lot about Disney these days!:D

Old 10-24-2002, 07:50 PM   #1504
pattyT
Registered

Irishhone - Heather-

:D It depends on your level of patience.

My DH lacks that. Making it VERY difficult.

Maybe if we didn't have DD-8 and DS-not yet 2 along with the stroller it would not have seemed so bad! I don't want to scare you! That was just our experience and opinion! I have read peoples posts that they never had a problem!

WE only got the van because we were going to Discovery Cove and when we figured out the prices of transfers it ended up around the same! (We split the van with another familywe were traveling with)

If you decided you want a car - shop around - you can probably do it cheap- we needed a van for 6 people for 10 days and it was around $360 with all the stupid fees and taxes! I bet an economy car would be a lot cheaper!
Old 10-25-2002, 06:16 AM   #1505
aring75
DIS Veteran
I'm the one who's not afraid to ask the dumb questions!!
Want to play tag or marco polo at WDW!

I've been reading about the transportation worries and thought I'd post about DH and my positive experiences at WDW and the WL.

First of all, we've stayed on WDW property at five different resorts (moderates and deluxes) and I must say that WL bus transportation was no worse for us than any of the other resorts. In fact, it was BETTER than bus trans. from the Poly. The Poly shares with GF and CR. (The buses on the Boardwalk are shared between FIVE different resorts! Not fun.)

Yes, we did go to FW about 40 - 50% of the time before going to our final destination, but it took about 10 extra minutes. I guess the fact that we were sitting down in the air conditioning was enough to satisfy us until we had to get back out in the Florida sun again.

We only waited at the bus stops for 5 - 7 minutes max. We even got in the habit of timing the buses. Most of the time we only waited two or three minutes.

All in all, we love WDW bus transportation. We never have rented a car. And now that we live close enough to drive, we park our car when we get to WDW, and it stays parked until we leave a week later!

Don't be concerned. This only adds to your worry (and if you are like me, when planning a WDW vaction, you don't need additional worry!!!) Go with the attitude that you are glad to finally be at WDW. Trust me. Even though some things happen that are beyond our control with the transportation issues, you'll be much better off if you just take it in stride and keep a positive outlook.

Okay, getting off soapbox now.

I hope you all have a wonderful time!!!! (I know you will.)
Old 10-25-2002, 07:08 AM   #1506
hightown
I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster

aring75, GREAT job of presenting your experience!!!!!!

I have to admit I was concerned after reading the boards. But everything is relative. Although complaints about sharing buses between FW and WL seemed odd when I remember last year from WLhaving to go to both GF and Poly before going on to a park.

Anyway, you post is appreciated.

By the way, I read on the Transportation board that bus route for AK will be W/L and Grand Floridian to AK.

18 TRIPS BETWEEN 11/99 AND 06/08. Have stayed at: POFQx3, POR, WLx2, BWI, YCx2, AKLx3, POLY, CBR, CSR, POPx2, SSR, Dolphinx2, HARD ROCKx2, Royal Pacific

DISNEY WONDER 5/12/05: WWTBAM MILLION POINT WINNER #97 CRUISE
Old 10-25-2002, 07:24 AM   #1507
NJPhyl
Mouseketeer

Parking at WL

Hi - Can anyone give me the details about "valet" parking at the lodge, cost? was it worth it?? THANKS!!
12/2002 - WL
01/2002 - Disney Magic 7-Day
1995 - Off Site
1981 - Poly
1977 - CR
1975 - CR
Old 10-25-2002, 07:25 AM   #1508
irishone1979
Loves all, Serves God

Thanks for all the advice on Transport. I don't feel so bad now. We have patience (ok my FH does, I don't) I was just getting worried that we wouldn't make our PS and our Keys to the Kingdom Tour. Thanks for all the advice and alternate ways to get around!!!
I can't wait to get to the WL!!!! It's almost here!!!

Heather K (Soon to be Mrs. Heather S!!!)

11/2002- WL Honeymoon
10/06 Our First Cruise Ever- Sailing on the Magic, 7 days at Disney staying at POR
Old 10-25-2002, 07:47 AM   #1509
FeeFeeWhite
No longer needs to beg for updates at the Universal Orlando onsite resorts...well, at least she doesn't have to beg LOUDLY...

Car Rental

We did not have any problems. I think the Keys to the Kingdom would be the one thing not to be late for. That should be easy to get to. You can take the boat for a trip right up to the gate!
Old 10-25-2002, 07:53 AM   #1510
Ratpack
WL VET

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

irishone1979,
Congrats on the upcoming wedding. DW and I also spent our honeymoon at Disney in the WL, the first year it opened 8 years ago. The transportation is not an issue, we had similar experiences to Aring75. Hardly any wait and not crowded. And we went this past July. Just allow ample time just in case something does happen, but most of all just enjoy yourselves. And if the lodge holds true as it does for us, it will keep you in a trance the whole time you are there.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:12 AM   #1511
aring75
DIS Veteran
I'm the one who's not afraid to ask the dumb questions!!
Want to play tag or marco polo at WDW!

Just FYI-

DH and I had a PS at RFC in AK for 8:00 AM. We left the WL at 7:40 AM and got there with time to spare. In fact, we had to wait by the "elephant" for them to open!

You shouldn't have any problems with early ressies. If you are concerned, the WL staff is incredibly helpful. They will be able to tell you your best travel option.

I'm so jealous of everyone's first trip to the lodge! I count the days until we go back. It's OKW and AKL this time. I'm sure we'll have to stop by WL for a visit though!

Boy, I sure used a lot of abbreviations in this post, didn't I?
Old 10-25-2002, 10:02 AM   #1512
Disneymooners
Mouseketeer

Talking Lot's of Honeymooners

It sure looks like the Month of December is going to be a Big Honeymoon month at the WL!!! YAHOOOOOOOOO!!

FH and myself will be there from Dec 11-18th and I just met another couple from N.Y on the boards who will be there at the same time.

I'm thinkin.......... Cocktails, LG ribbons and Ears one evening by the pool after the parks close is in order....any and all DIS'ers welcome of course.

And the soon to be Mrs. Heather S is going to beat us all there

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 7, 2002 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>HONEYMOONERS...............1st trip ever to WDW </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Let the Honeymoon begin!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 10-25-2002, 10:12 AM   #1513
irishone1979
Loves all, Serves God

Yep, I will be there November 10- 20. Lisa B is also going to be there at the same time. Ok, I have to ask, why Lime Green?? I think it's because that way we know who each other is, but I am just curious.
Can't wait to get there!!!!! I am looking forward to my first stay at the WL. I am sure it will surpass all of my wildest expectations :-)
Disney World Here I come!!!

Soon to be Heather S.

11/2002- WL Honeymoon
Old 10-25-2002, 08:01 PM   #1514
Poohbearmom
Mouseketeer

Location: Venice, Florida...5 minutes from beautiful Manasota Beach (s/w Gulf coast)!

Talking I've been lurking for a while...

decided it was time to say hello. These boards are great! They have really helped me plan our next trip. Me, DH and DS-3yo will be staying at the WL 12/5/02-12/15/02. This is our first time at WL and our DS's first time to WDW, so we are very excited! We have booked a standard room and I am a little concerned about the possibility of noise from the service area, but will probably take our chances & see what happens. We will be attending MVMCP 12/10 & 12/12. The only thing I really worry about is transportation. I know we can get to MK by boat, but do busses go direct to MK, also? We are not renting a car, so we are at the mercy of Disney transportation. It sounds like Christmas is going to be an awesome time to be at WL. Now if I can just figure out how to pack for December weather without going over the luggage allowance Any suggestions?
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 05, 2002 12:16:00 PM EDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>Countdown to WDW Wilderness Lodge </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'I\\\'m finally at WDW!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>Disneyland-1993 WDW/CBR-1995
WDW/WL-2003
WDW-2004
Old 10-25-2002, 09:25 PM   #1515
dtuleya
Has a secret flip flop fetish!
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Gotta love duct tape....added bonus is when you undress you get a complete body wax

I'm getting so excited! Look at my countdown! Now I'm just getting nervous about all the final prep.

July 2006 - Royal Pacific Resort/Beach Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: