Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #121
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

One thing I think I forgto to ask. I beleive you said you got the girls hair braided on CC? Where at and how much?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #122
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
One thing I think I forgto to ask. I beleive you said you got the girls hair braided on CC? Where at and how much?
We did do that! The girls loved it. There is a hair brading station at the end of the family beach - past Cookies BBQ. Each girl got two braids, so for four braids I paid (including a tip), I think $8.00. The station is staffed by Bahamian ladies that come to the island on days when the ship is docked there. They were very nice and pleasant. We went after lunch and there was no wait.

June, 2006 - WL ...June, 2007 - WL ..July, 2008 - DCL 4 Day Wonder with 3 nights at WL before...April, 2009 DCL 3 Night Wonder...October, 2009 - WL and MNSSHP...July, 2010 4 nights at WL...Aug, 2011 7 Night Wonder to Alaska...

Read our July, 2008 DCL trip report here:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919252
vatchr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #123
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

I enjoyed reading your report, we are planning a Land & Sea package for next year, we have a deposit already on the trip. Where in VA are you? We live in Williamsburg. Thanks for sharing.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #124
miztigg
this place for rent or lease please make checks to disney cruise line

excellent i leave in less than 3 weeks reading this i really cant wait
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
miztigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #125
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatchr View Post
We did do that! The girls loved it. There is a hair brading station at the end of the family beach - past Cookies BBQ. Each girl got two braids, so for four braids I paid (including a tip), I think $8.00. The station is staffed by Bahamian ladies that come to the island on days when the ship is docked there. They were very nice and pleasant. We went after lunch and there was no wait.

Thanks. Did you just have them do tha back underneath? Also was it very painful. DD is so jumpy about that, so wondering if she will sit. But she usuall ysits for others and not me. LOL!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #126
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
I enjoyed reading your report, we are planning a Land & Sea package for next year, we have a deposit already on the trip. Where in VA are you? We live in Williamsburg. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading, we are in Northern Virginia, about an hour outside of DC. We had a great time, I wish there was another one planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigg View Post
excellent i leave in less than 3 weeks reading this i really cant wait
Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks. Did you just have them do tha back underneath? Also was it very painful. DD is so jumpy about that, so wondering if she will sit. But she usuall ysits for others and not me. LOL!
The hair braiding was not painful at all. The girls got two in the back, underneath along the hair line. Then on the second CC day, we went back and got two more on the other side. They loved it. Each braid took about 5 minutes for the ladies to do. It was great!!

June, 2006 - WL ...June, 2007 - WL ..July, 2008 - DCL 4 Day Wonder with 3 nights at WL before...April, 2009 DCL 3 Night Wonder...October, 2009 - WL and MNSSHP...July, 2010 4 nights at WL...Aug, 2011 7 Night Wonder to Alaska...

Read our July, 2008 DCL trip report here:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919252
Old 09-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #127
CruisingCamper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatchr View Post
First Time Wonder – 8 people, 4 nights and2 trips to CC – July 27-31

Having never done a trip report, I decided to give it a try. I have loved reading everyone’s reports before our first Wonder cruise so I thought I’d share our trip. We combined our first DCL cruise with four days at Disney World before the cruise. It was our third trip in three years to DW and we loved our three nights at the Wilderness Lodge (our home away from home), but we were even more excited about waking up on Saturday morning, finishing our Animal Kingdom day and then taking Magical Express back to the airport to meet up with the rest of our family flying in for our cruise which leaves “tomorrow!” We all decided to stay the night before at the Airport Hyatt and be ready to board the DCL bus early the next morning to head to the port.
So…here goes….first the cast of characters for our trip (and I do mean characters)!

Me – Laura – Disney planning fanatic – elementary school teacher, wife and mom
DH – Don – husband to Disney planning fanatic, great dad, and also elementary school teacher
DD1 – age 8 – going into third grade
DD2 – age 6 – going into first grade

Here's a pic of us from our beach trip 4 days before we left for our Disney trip.(We love both being teachers and being able to travel all summer.)

The rest of the characters that joined us are:
“Rina” – my mom and grandma to DD’s
“Nana and Bubba” – DH’s parents and grandparents to DD’s
“LizzieTish” – nickname for DH”s sister, beloved aunt to DD’s

So, after four quiet days at Disney World with just the four of us, we were now arriving back at the airport to find the Hyatt, check in and let the craziness begin with the other 4 that would be joining us. Nana and Bubba were flying in from Pennsylvania and Rina and LizzieTish were flying in from Virginia. We were all meeting at the Hyatt and gearing up for four nights of fun!

Let me start by saying that the Airport Hyatt was the best choice I made for our pre cruise night. It was beautiful, convenient and made our beginning of our journey so smooth. We arrived back at the Hyatt at 3:00 pm, Nana and Bubba were already checked in, so after we got settled in our rooms, we headed straight to the roof top pool for some fun with the grandparents. Rina and LizzieTish were not scheduled to arrive until about 6:00 pm.

Here's DD2 looking out at the view from our Hyatt room - straight down into the airport terminal - very cool!

and the view from our balcony

the girls with Nana and Bubba at the rooftop pool

it really was a beautiful pool

Up next... Rina and Lizzietish arrive, dinner, we lose Nana and Bubba - lots of sleep and off to Port Canaveral.
How did you get from the WDW resort to the Hyatt?
2014- Disney's Saratoga Springs Feb
2013- Art of Animation Nov, Disney Fantasy Dec, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2012- Yacht Club Oct, Fort Wilderness April
2011- Fort Wilderness March, Beach Club Nov, Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec
2010- Fort Wilderness April
2009- Disney's Swan Aug, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2008- Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec, Caribbean Beach March
2006- Saratoga Springs Feb, Wilderness Lodge Jan
CruisingCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #128
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
How did you get from the WDW resort to the Hyatt?

We took Magical Express from the Wilderness Lodge back to the airport. It was very easy. We just called ME the day before to arrange for the pickup for the next day.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #129
monicastanner
Mouseketeer

Great trip report. We've gone on two and had the time of our lives. We've cruised 9 times, but Disney cruises are by far our favorite. They are worth the added cost for sure!! We can't wait to have our own little one to take on them!! Hubby is 39, I'm 34 and my parents went the 2nd time Mom 61 & Dad 62 they loved it just as much as we did!!

Loved the pictures, felt like I was back there again! So much fun!!!
1999-2010 = 21 trips & counting, on property with hubby, friends & family too!
Contemporary 2Xs, Caribbean Beach 1X, Pop 1X, All Star Sports 3Xs, Port Orleans FQ 2X's, Port Orleans Riverside 4X, Shades of Green 8Xs
Disney Wonder 2Xs - Sept. 05 & Sept. 07[/FONT]
monicastanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #130
hannah_montana
Earning My Ears

Just read your trip report, its great! Its got me even more excited (if thats possible!) for my cruise in November. It will be my honeymoon so I hope its really special

Jan 2003 Sante Fe (Disneyland Paris)
Nov 2003 Westgate Lakes (Orlando)
Nov 2004 Disney's Pop Century & Royal Pacific Resort
May 2005 Radisson Maingate (Anaheim)
& Luxor (Las Vegas)
Oct 2006 Sante Fe (Disneyland Paris)
Apr 2007 Disney's Pop Century & Royal Pacific Resort
Apr 2007 Sante Fe (Disneyland Paris)
Nov 2008 Disney's Intimate Wedding & Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise
Apr 2009 Quality Inn Maingate West & Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise

hannah_montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #131
Chilling Donald
Earning My Ears

Where was that ToyStory Picture taken? I liked the background. Is it near toystory midway mania.
Chilling Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #132
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilling Donald View Post
Where was that ToyStory Picture taken? I liked the background. Is it near toystory midway mania.
Yep, it is a new (well, new in July) meet n greet across from the new Toy Story ride in the Studios. There are a lot of neat things to look at and great photo ops while you are in the line waiting for the characters.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:24 AM   #133
BabyRN
DIS Veteran

I loved your TR! I recently booked our first cruise for Oct. 2010. I know it's over 2 years away, but it allows me enough time to plan for a land portion of the vacation too for after the cruise. I don't know a whole lot about the cruise, and your TR definitely gave me an idea of what to expect! Your whole family looks like you had a fabulous time, and I'm excited and can't wait for our vacation! Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #134
Pirate Me

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

Thank you for sharing this TR. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Home Resort: BCV
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch
Pirate Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #135
Wonder2008
Mouseketeer

Hello,

Believe it or not, we were on the exact same cruise as you! We actually crossed paths once - you said you were the second family in line to meet Jack Sparrow outside the Walt Disney Theatre - my sister and I were just behind you in line. We made sure to get there early since we missed him on Castaway Cay earlier that day. I really enjoyed the picture of your family and the aft of the Disney Wonder. My version of that same pose is on my wall, and I agree completely that it looks too good to be a real background!

I'm just glad we had perfect weather (except for that early morning rain - we saw the rainbow too) for those four days.

Thank you for posting your report!
Robert
Wonder2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: