Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #76
murcor
All you need is faith and trust...and a little pixie dust

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Fantastic trip report!! Love the pictures! Lots of fun!

Would you get the cat 5 again?

me & dh dd 14 ds 13
Abby Winston Gilbert

murcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #77
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns View Post
Thanks again for sharing
would love to hear about WLV and your time at WDW too
Thanks for reading...I might give a quick our family at WDW update at the end of our Trip Report. We had such a great trip, I would love to share those pics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poffles View Post
I absolutely love your pictures, they are so clear, bright and colourful.

Keep them coming :-)
Thanks - more pics and an update tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut71 View Post
I am loving your trip report. Thank you so much for sharing
You're welcome - thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJackGroupie View Post
I'm just joining in & have caught up on your TR...it's fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing! I still have post DCL depression and it's been 1 1/2 years! That's why I live vicariously thru these wonderful TRs - thanks!!!
It's only been close to a month for us, but I still miss it horribly! I don't know what I'll do when this TR is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Don't have time to read much right now, so subscribing. I did a qucik look at pics on the first page. those are great. Your girls are gorgeous. Seing the characters jsut made up my mind. I think I want to go on disney for sure! LOL!
A Disney Cruise was the ONLY way we were going to cruise...I even had to be convinced to do this cruise. Now, I can't wait to go on another. The interaction with the characters was fantastic. It sure beat standing in the hot lines at the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Another great day at CC. Lovely pictures
It sure was! Thanks!!

June, 2006 - WL ...June, 2007 - WL ..July, 2008 - DCL 4 Day Wonder with 3 nights at WL before...April, 2009 DCL 3 Night Wonder...October, 2009 - WL and MNSSHP...July, 2010 4 nights at WL...Aug, 2011 7 Night Wonder to Alaska...

Read our July, 2008 DCL trip report here:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919252
vatchr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #78
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How did you get the free tote bag at Del Sol? I think I got on there on our NCL cruise. I think we jsut showed them our ship card? Is that all you did? Does it have a Disney ship on it?
So You ate at Animators palette twice? The first night they didn't do the while light thing then?
Your pics are just amazing.
How was the food? And deserts? LOL!
I hope I can talk DH into doing this cruise. He is leary of cruises, and though we went on one, and he loved it, he still has fears we are going to be kidnapped or something.
The Del Sol tote bag just sort of happened, I think I spent enough to "earn" it. I'm not sure, but I didn't complain when they offered it to me. On the four night cruise you have two nights in the same restaurant, one is the Pirate night menu and the other is the menu for that restaurant. So, in Animator's the first night was Pirate and the second night was the animation show. The food was fantastic, but as I said in one of the updates, my family isn't hard to please. We aren't that picky! The desserts were just as good! Some evenings we had to force ourselves to eat them, but it wasn't that difficult!

This four night with the double dip, was perfect for our first time family. We were on land every day, and only sailed basically during sleeping hours. I wasn't sure how we would do, so I wanted to make sure we had lots of "land" time. It was great!!!

June, 2006 - WL ...June, 2007 - WL ..July, 2008 - DCL 4 Day Wonder with 3 nights at WL before...April, 2009 DCL 3 Night Wonder...October, 2009 - WL and MNSSHP...July, 2010 4 nights at WL...Aug, 2011 7 Night Wonder to Alaska...

Read our July, 2008 DCL trip report here:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919252
Old 08-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #79
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurke View Post
I am loving your report! I really want to take my 3 kids on a Disney cruise.

I have to tell you, your girls have the MOST beautiful smiles!

Cant wait to read more.
Thanks so much for reading. I see you are a "WL vet" - I love the WL! That's where we stayed before the cruise and going back to in Oct. 09. Thanks for the comments about the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcor View Post
Fantastic trip report!! Love the pictures! Lots of fun!

Would you get the cat 5 again?
It definitely was lots of fun! The Cat 5 was perfect for us - I loved the Verandah, even though we didn't use it much - and the space was tight, but just enough for the four of us.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #80
SCRAPBOOKQUEEN
Mouseketeer

Characters

What time were the characters on Castaway Cay? I want to get a lot of character pictures. Is it posted in the Navigator? Your pictures are great!!!
Thanks,

Scrapbookqueen
Kellie
SCRAPBOOKQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #81
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPBOOKQUEEN View Post
What time were the characters on Castaway Cay? I want to get a lot of character pictures. Is it posted in the Navigator? Your pictures are great!!!
Thanks,

Scrapbookqueen
Kellie
The characters were on CC around 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. and again around 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. The Navigator is great with giving the windows of time and where. It doesn't necessarily state which characters will be on CC, but it does say when and where. We missed them the first day because we got off the ship too early, the second day we were more leisurely and timed it perfectly.
Hope this helps!
-Laura

Old 08-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #82
goofysgirl80
Earning My Ears

vatchr: I love your pictures!!!!!!! Your family is beautiful and it looks like you had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I wanna put my picutres from my cruise up. How did you upload your photos? Thanks for helping!!!! God bless! Happy Mickey!!
8/05: Coronado Springs
8/06: Port Orleans:French Quarter
8/07: Polynesian/Disney Wonder (First cruise ever!!!)
8/08: Disneyland Resort (First trip to Disneyland ever!!)/Disney Magic:Mexican Rivera
8/09: Disney Magic:Western Caribbean Cruise
goofysgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #83
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofysgirl80 View Post
vatchr: I love your pictures!!!!!!! Your family is beautiful and it looks like you had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I wanna put my picutres from my cruise up. How did you upload your photos? Thanks for helping!!!! God bless! Happy Mickey!!
Hi, thanks for the kind words. We did have a blast! As for pictures, I use photobucket.com to store my pictures and then upload them as I post by clicking on the insert image icon in the reply box.

That is the basic information, if you need more help. Let me know.
-Laura

Old 08-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #84
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Parrot Cay and our last night on the ship

We all showered and got ready for dinner. No pictures before dinner tonight, so we just met at Parrot Cay just in time for our meal. Again our servers were wonderful! It was our last night with them.

Here is DD1 with her drink of choice (another Shirley Temple):

During dinner, there were many rounds of Happy Birthday being sung around the dining room. Lizzietish made the comment that no one has ever sung Happy Birthday to her in a restaurant and she was jealous. Well…big brother DH decided to give her what she asked for (even though her actual birthday is at the end of November) and spoke quietly to our server Oliver about singing to her. Well, he laughed and thought it was a great idea (knowing it wasn’t her bday) and got Nyoman to join him. They both serenaded her and in the process totally embarrassed her. It was great. Just another way that the servers became like part of the family during this trip.

Here they are with Lizzietish:

After dinner was over, we decided to skip the show to make sure we were all packed up and I really wanted to make it to Till We Meet Again, so we used that extra time to leisurely walk around the ship and take some last pics. We knew that disembarking tomorrow at Port Canaveral would be quick moving, so this night was our last opportunity to soak it all in.

Here are some of our random shots around the ship on our last night:

These guys are in the windows of the shops by the Walt Disney Theater:

We had been searching for the giant portholes and found them on the last night – here are the girls posing:

Up on deck 10:

By Triton’s:

And also some sunset pics taken that evening:

After wandering the ship, we headed back to the room to finish packing – suitecases had to be in the hallway before 11:00 pm if we wanted DCL to transport them. We flinished that task and then headed up to the Atrium for Till We Meet Again – that was a great time. Rina, Nana and Lizzie tish came with us. DH chose to sit this one out in the stateroom.

Up next: Characters, characters and more characters at ‘Till We Meet Again

Old 08-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #85
CapnJackGroupie
Mouseketeer

Awww...I don't want it to end!!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #86
mackeyapp
DIS Veteran

Your report has been so enjoyable I hate for it to end. We will be doing our first ever cruise next June and I can't wait!!

Thanks for bringing it to life for me. Our boys have no idea and I get excited when I think about telling them when we spend Xmas as DW.

Your girls are beautiful and always smiling. Looks like it was a fabulous time.

Sincerely
Joan
Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #87
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

How lovely of your servers to serenade Lizzietish Fantastic pictures yet again. What a shame it's nearly over
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #88
poffles
Dreamin' Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatchr View Post
That sunset picture is incredible. Amazing!
Old 08-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #89
Fidler
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Thank you so much for your great TR!
We are going on our first cruise in November. 4 day on the Wonder. Actually the 7 day Land/Sea, but the first three days are at BCR.
We cant WAIT!!!
Thanks again for getting me psyched up! ( LOL Like i needed the help! )

me DH DS(5)

Fidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #90
tinkerbell*Xo
Mouseketeer

Great TR!:)

Great Trip Report Don't want it to end!!!
Im going on my first cruise in DEC 7 day Land/Sea so it really helped to visualize the cruise! You girls are beautiful!!
Did you happen to notice what people wore on their feet for snorkelling if they didn't rent?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: