Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #46
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olga View Post
Your TR is very enjoyable, thanks for your time and effort in putting it together to share.
I'd like to know how was your luggage transferred from the Hyatt to the ship, did someone pick it up from your room in the morning and how early?
Hi,
The Hyatt was great! We were told to put our luggage outside of our room by 9:00 on cruise morning, and then go to the lobby level and check in starting at 9:30 a.m. We did just that, and I'll admit I was a bit nervous just leaving it there, but it all worked out. The luggage had the DCL luggage tags on it.

They pick up your luggage from the hallways and get it onto the ship for you, you need to have a day bag with you because you might not see your luggage until dinner time.

We took the bus and got to the port by about 10:30 a.m., got on the ship before noon. We did not see our luggage until about 4:30 p.m. Luggage started appearing in the hallways right away at 1:30, but ours didn't show up until later. I was getting nervous again, but it all worked out just as they said.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please ask!
-Laura

June, 2006 - WL ...June, 2007 - WL ..July, 2008 - DCL 4 Day Wonder with 3 nights at WL before...April, 2009 DCL 3 Night Wonder...October, 2009 - WL and MNSSHP...July, 2010 4 nights at WL...Aug, 2011 7 Night Wonder to Alaska...

Read our July, 2008 DCL trip report here:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919252
vatchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #47
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Great day at Nassau

Can you give me an idea of where to find the Del Sol store as we didn't come across it on our last visit (I don't think). My girls would love that place

Looks like you have (almost) as long a wait as us until your next Disney trip - perhaps you can give me some tips on how to pass the time
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #48
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great day at Nassau

Can you give me an idea of where to find the Del Sol store as we didn't come across it on our last visit (I don't think). My girls would love that place

Looks like you have (almost) as long a wait as us until your next Disney trip - perhaps you can give me some tips on how to pass the time
Thanks for the comments! It was a fun trip. The next update won't be up until tomorrow evening sometime. I honestly don't remember how to find the Del Sol store. It wasn't difficult, and I just asked a few people that looked like they could offer help without asking us to buy anything. It was only a few blocks from the port, a very easy walk!

As for our next trip....I actually made the reservations for Oct. 09 a couple of days ago. I wanted to know for sure that we were going. Even though it is 14 months away, people laugh,but it gives me another DW trip to look forward to. My DH is great with my Disneymania. He just grins and nods his head when we talk about it. Though, I think secretly he enjoys it as much as I do. As for tips to pass the time, I have none - in April I can make my ADR's. Is it too early to start planning them?

June, 2006 - WL ...June, 2007 - WL ..July, 2008 - DCL 4 Day Wonder with 3 nights at WL before...April, 2009 DCL 3 Night Wonder...October, 2009 - WL and MNSSHP...July, 2010 4 nights at WL...Aug, 2011 7 Night Wonder to Alaska...

Read our July, 2008 DCL trip report here:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1919252
Old 08-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #49
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great day at Nassau

Del Sol is on the main street in Nassau, about halfway between the pier and the straw market on the right hand side. It sits right on a corner if that helps.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #50
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm in... great to see lots of pics!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #51
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Subscribing... great report so far!
Amy7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #52
mayraguma
Earning My Ears

I've bee enjoying your report.
Very cute girls, waiting for more pics
mayraguma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #53
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I'm in... great to see lots of pics!!!
Thanks! More pics coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy7979 View Post
Subscribing... great report so far!
Thanks, next update up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayraguma View Post
I've bee enjoying your report.
Very cute girls, waiting for more pics
Thanks for the comment about the girls - more pics on the way!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #54
vatchr
Mouseketeer

Formal Night!

Formal Night!

It’s hard to believe that we are already approaching night 3 on our 4 night cruise. After resting, we got dressed. We were going to Animator’s Palate and were excited to see the animation show. It was formal night and we decided to get a little more dressed up than usual, but nothing over the top. The girls were excited to wear their white and black skirts that they bought at the Straw Market, so we all went with the Black and White theme.

Here's our pic from our dinner that night:

Before dinner we found Mickey, Minnie and Donald and got pictures taken with them in their formal wear.

Minnie was beautiful,

and Donald brushed his hair for the event.
My DH’s name is Don, so we always have to get a Donald and Donald picture:

We then headed back to Animator’s Palate for dinner.

Don took a series of pictures through the evening as the walls changed. The same pic and themeal progressed:

The meal was great, and the “show” was a lot of fun!
Nyoman and Oliver, our servers, were great as usual. We finally took a picture of them at this meal:

After the meal, we wandered around a little, but were excited to get to the Walt Disney Theater early to get good seats for Toy Story – the Musical. I had heard good things about this, so was excited to see it.
Lizzietish came to this one with us, and we all found good seats and thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Here are a few pics (without flash) that I got during the show:

Then back to the room, and get ready for Castaway Cay day 2. Finally snapped a picture of the girls in their beds:

DD1 loved her top bunk. DD2 tried to get up there one time, but was very content to stay on the bottom.

So day 3 was now over, only 1 more full day left onboard. It was definitely a fast trip!

Up next: Day 2 at Castaway Cay, more snorkeling, lots of characters on the beach and “I don’t know anyone named Mickey!”

Old 08-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #55
poffles
Dreamin' Disney

I love the picture of hubby with Donald, that is priceless. Donald is looking fine!

Loving your report.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #56
tinkerbell*Xo
Mouseketeer

loving the trip report! It's making me extreamly excited for my first cruise on the wonder!!
Your girls are beautiful!!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #57
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

You are doing a fantastic job on your TR!!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #58
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Fabulous report - enjoying the pics and narrative - thanks for sharing it with us - can't wait to read the rest.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #59
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Del Sol is on the main street in Nassau, about halfway between the pier and the straw market on the right hand side. It sits right on a corner if that helps.
Thanks, I'll make sure we try and find it next time
Old 08-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #60
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Lovely update - I agree that Minnie looks beautiful in her evening dress. Your family didn't scrub up too badly either

I loved your pics of Animators Palate - for some reason, I didn't take any inside the actual restaurant last year so I was glad to see those.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: