Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #706
Ocean Angel
Mouseketeer

Well, I found you kpros - we are really looking forward to this trip. We are celebrating our girls graduating high school. And as you saw from the cruise forum I'm trying to schedule a vow renewal. It's even more special now knowing that the 15th is the 10th Anniversay for the Wonder. No time to read through 51 pages here so if there are any special meets during the cruise please let me know. Thanks.

It's not about waiting for the storm to pass.....
it's about learning to dance in the rain !
Ocean Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #707
kpros
I ride for the Arthritis Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Angel View Post
Well, I found you kpros - we are really looking forward to this trip. We are celebrating our girls graduating high school. And as you saw from the cruise forum I'm trying to schedule a vow renewal. It's even more special now knowing that the 15th is the 10th Anniversay for the Wonder. No time to read through 51 pages here so if there are any special meets during the cruise please let me know. Thanks.
Welcome aboard Ocean Angel! If you list the names of everyone in your group, I will add you to the cruise list on the first post of this thread and to the lanyard and name badge list (free lanyards and name badges to everyone on the list).

No special meets are planned at this point. All we need is someone to start working on that.

Ken
kpros is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #708
danfromca
Earned his ears, now wants yours
Slept with 500 or so passports
Stumbling will probably be my primary mode of transportation by then

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpros View Post
Welcome aboard Dan! If you list the names of everyone in your group, I will add you to the cruise list on the first post of this thread and to the lanyard and name badge list.

Ken
Thanks. I'm Dan (obviously), the 13 year olds are Blake and Gil, the 16 year old (at time of the cruise) is Dor.

On another note - is there a link anywhere to a larger graphic of the T-Shirt design (so I can print myself rather than using the more expensive online service)?

Dan
danfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #709
jezebella
MK fireworks in my backyard every night!

Yay! Logged on last night and got my Palo, spa for the parents, and watercraft at CC! I just know this cruise is going to be wayyy too short.

July 1985 Contemporary
July 1990 Carribean BeachJuly 1993 Port OrleansJuly 1994, February 1995, July 1995, February 1996, July 1996, February 1997, July 1997 July 1998, July 1999 December 1999 - Old Key West
January 2000 Grand Floridian
May 2005 - Wonder 4 day
May 2007 - Wonder 4 day
October 2007 - Wonder 4 day
January 2009 Magic!
Coming up...Bounceback 3 day Wonder in August 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
jezebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #710
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebella View Post
I just know this cruise is going to be wayyy too short.
That's for sure!

Did I ask you this already - we just bought a house in Winter Garden - the Independence development. Are you near there?

Ken
Old 05-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #711
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfromca View Post
Thanks. I'm Dan (obviously), the 13 year olds are Blake and Gil, the 16 year old (at time of the cruise) is Dor.

On another note - is there a link anywhere to a larger graphic of the T-Shirt design (so I can print myself rather than using the more expensive online service)?

Dan
PM me an e-mail address and I might be able to help.

Ken
Old 05-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #712
kpros

I logged on last night and got our Palo reservations. Then decided to book the Segway tour on Nassau today. The system was very fast today. Got the tour without a problem.

Ken
Old 05-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #713
iloveokw
DIS Veteran

Talking

Cruising with you on August 13. Me, Kathy, Mike (DH) and Melissa 17 (DD). Three months yippee. Booked parasailing on CC for Mike and Melissa - me - no way jose.

iloveokw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #714
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveokw View Post
Cruising with you on August 13. Me, Kathy, Mike (DH) and Melissa 17 (DD). Three months yippee. Booked parasailing on CC for Mike and Melissa - me - no way jose.

Welcome aboard Kathy and family! I've added you to the cruise list. My wife and daughter did the parasailing and had a great time!

Ken
Old 05-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #715
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Evening Cruisers!

Welcome to all the new comers - we are getting a respectible group here!

Tomorrow I will be heading south to San Jose to meet up with Scott then we will be flying home on Sunday.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #716
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Good morning and welcome to our new cruise mates.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #717
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Good Morning, Everyone, and welcome to our new cruisers.

I was able to get our Palo reservations and the shore excursions that we wanted .

Hey, Danfromca, I see that you are doing an all guys trip. We are doing an all girls trip, with a 13-year-old and a 15-year-old. Should be an very interesting cruise.

I guess we should start talking about setting up a cruise meet. What would be a good day, place and time. I would recommend the earlier in the cruise, the better, since it is only a 3-day cruise. We can even arrange a pre-boarding meet for those who arrive early to port.

We will be arriving on the Disney express from WDW, so we probably won't be at port until about 12:30 or so.

What does everyone think?

June 2004, WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Sept 2007, WDW Beach Club Resort, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Sept 2008, Bahama 4-Day Wonder
Aug 2009, WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Oct 2010, WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Magic
Jan 2011, LA Cruise to Nowhere 2-Day Wonder
Aug 2011, Alaska 7-Day Wonder
Sept 2012, Disneyland, Grand Californian Villas, Pixar California Coast Cruise 7-Day Wonder
Oct 20, 2012, WDW Animal Kingdom Villas, Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Fantasy

Numbers 10 and 11, B2B Dec 2013 3/4-Day Dream
sunshine1259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #718
bwcb4
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up DIS Group Gathering in Port

Meeting before we get on board is a GREAT idea for a 3-day cruise that needs to start the second we get on! On the 7 day, I've been to a DIS meet the hour before the life boat drill which was a good time. But on the 3 -day Navigators, I've sometimes see a DCV or Castaway gathering or something else that might be a conflict when we get there and see the actual Navigator for our cruise.

Gathering in the port before we board would be a nice way to spend our wait time. The disadvantage would be picking a time when a lot of us would be in the terminal. It's Brenda's idea but she won't arrive until 12:30. We always try to arrive by 10:00 and are in one of the first boarding groups (2 or 3). It seems like noon to 12:30 boarding starts.

So when will most people arrive at the terminal? Morning or Afternoon? Maybe that can help us pick a pre boarding time?

What do people think? Thanks for getting us started on a gathering plan Brenda!

Barb
bwcb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #719
kpros

I will have lanyards and name badges to give out. In the past, we've always tried to get together at 3:00pm on deck 10, starboard side, overlooking the Goofy pool.

I assume we will get to the terminal before boarding, but not sure when. I will have the lanyards then for anyone that can find me. I'll be the one wearing a custom lanyard

Ken
Old 05-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #720
bwcb4
Mouseketeer

Hi!
I now think Ken has an easier meet idea. (I do tend to try to complicate a situation sometimes!)

I vote for a meet at 3:00 pm on deck 10, starboard side, overlooking the Goofy pool, while Ken's there.

Barb
bwcb4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: