Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #691
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

So, is everyone ready to start making their shore excursions and Palo reservations this evening? It is good to be on the West coast right now. We only have to wait until 9:00 pm West coast time.

June 2004, WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Sept 2007, WDW Beach Club Resort, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Sept 2008, Bahama 4-Day Wonder
Aug 2009, WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Oct 2010, WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Magic
Jan 2011, LA Cruise to Nowhere 2-Day Wonder
Aug 2011, Alaska 7-Day Wonder
Sept 2012, Disneyland, Grand Californian Villas, Pixar California Coast Cruise 7-Day Wonder
Oct 20, 2012, WDW Animal Kingdom Villas, Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Fantasy

Numbers 10 and 11, B2B Dec 2013 3/4-Day Dream
sunshine1259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #692
kpros
I ride for the Arthritis Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momfromva View Post
Hello fellow cruisers! My family and I will be cruising with you.
Myself (Michelle), my husband Ryan and our 2 boys Alex (6) and Christopher (will be 5 by cruise time).
This will be our 3rd Disney cruise in the past 2 years. We are doing the 3 day as part of the bounceback offer we received on our Western Caribbean cruise in March.
I'm slightly nervous as our DS6 broke his leg 3 weeks ago. It was a spiral fracture of his femur and he is currently wheel chair bound. He is supposed to get the ok to start walking in June (he doesn't have a cast - just a plate and pins) so we should be ok by August but its hard to believe that right now!

I was just checking out the tee shirts that one of you creative thread members made. I will definitely have to order some. What a great souvenir!
Welcome aboard Momfromva! I've added you to the cruise list on the first post of the thread and the Lanyard List. If you provide your room number, I'll add that also.

Ken
kpros is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #693
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1259 View Post
So, is everyone ready to start making their shore excursions and Palo reservations this evening? It is good to be on the West coast right now. We only have to wait until 9:00 pm West coast time.
It is nice now that it works - it didn't use to be that way. It was midnight for the west coast. I had long talks with DCL about the opening time and at that time, they thought it was 9:00pm west coast time. I had to send them screen prints of the system to prove it really didn't work correctly. They finally got it fixed.

I've been on several of the "special" cruises that had large numbers of Disboarders onboard. Those groups would bring the reservation system to it's knees. To many people trying for Palo's at the same time.

Ken
Old 05-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #694
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momfromva View Post
Hello fellow cruisers! My family and I will be cruising with you.
Myself (Michelle), my husband Ryan and our 2 boys Alex (6) and Christopher (will be 5 by cruise time).
This will be our 3rd Disney cruise in the past 2 years. We are doing the 3 day as part of the bounceback offer we received on our Western Caribbean cruise in March.
I'm slightly nervous as our DS6 broke his leg 3 weeks ago. It was a spiral fracture of his femur and he is currently wheel chair bound. He is supposed to get the ok to start walking in June (he doesn't have a cast - just a plate and pins) so we should be ok by August but its hard to believe that right now!

I was just checking out the tee shirts that one of you creative thread members made. I will definitely have to order some. What a great souvenir!

Hi, Michelle, WELCOME ABOARD to you and yours. I hope that your little Alex will be up and about by the time our cruise rolls around.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Sept 2012, Disneyland, Grand Californian Villas, Pixar California Coast Cruise 7-Day Wonder

Old 05-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #695
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpros View Post
It is nice now that it works - it didn't use to be that way. It was midnight for the west coast. I had long talks with DCL about the opening time and at that time, they thought it was 9:00pm west coast time. I had to send them screen prints of the system to prove it really didn't work correctly. They finally got it fixed.

I've been on several of the "special" cruises that had large numbers of Disboarders onboard. Those groups would bring the reservation system to it's knees. To many people trying for Palo's at the same time.

Ken
I know what you mean. I am just booking one excursion and Palo. I hope that we are able to get the times that we want.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #696
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1259 View Post
I know what you mean. I am just booking one excursion and Palo. I hope that we are able to get the times that we want.
Just oil up the keyboard and hope that the internet doesn't go down!

Ken
Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #697
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpros View Post
Just oil up the keyboard and hope that the internet doesn't go down!

Ken
We are all set. Now, get ready, set, go!!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #698
kpros

Done - no problem. I hope it goes well for everyone else!

Ken
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #699
DisneyPinDiva
What? There's no more shrimp left? Who could have eaten them all?

Location: Where ever the Magic Wonder Dream or Fantasy takes me....

No problems here either. Seems almost too good to be true!
Good night everyone!

Too many cruises to keep track of anymore!! MAGIC x 6, WONDER x 12, DREAM x 4 FANTASY x2 FIRST to
MAGICally cross from Kingdom to Kingdom! DCL Inaugural Panama Canal Crossing - May 2005, ,DVC Member Since 1992
I know where the Magic starts...

DisneyPinDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #700
bwcb4
Mouseketeer

So we can make our reservations at midnight Florida time or in my time zone??? I'm in Iowa, Central time zone and I've been trying to get inn and can't. It's after 11 pm on Thursday but that would make after midnight in FL which is Friday .....Right????

Help! I want a Palo's ressie!
Barb
bwcb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #701
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcb4 View Post
So we can make our reservations at midnight Florida time or in my time zone??? I'm in Iowa, Central time zone and I've been trying to get inn and can't. It's after 11 pm on Thursday but that would make after midnight in FL which is Friday .....Right????

Help! I want a Palo's ressie!
Barb
I got in at 9:00pm pacific time, so you should have gotten in. I guess the usual questions are: Are you paid in full and are you a return cruiser? Other then that, it's hard to say what might be wrong. The system never seems to work well for everyone.

Ken
Old 05-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #702
bwcb4
Mouseketeer

Hi again,

Yes I'm paid in full (the WONDERFUL $99 BB) and it's our 10th DCL cruise.

I finally! got on and did get reservations that will work for us. I get SOOOOO frustrated! This has happened every time I've tried to make ressies at the 90 day mark on - line since they started doing it this way. The only think we've come up with is I use a MAC computer. We wonder if the system just isn't totally accepting of us? (Yes, we're from day 1, an Apple / MAC family) I ended up restarting the computer for a second time before the DCL page finally agreed I was eligible to make a reservation. This was after refreshing pages and re logging on and restarting the computer......
Every year /cruise I send another message to DCL and they return with they are working on it. My wonderful kids always tell me it's operator error.....but every time????? Did anyone else use a MAC tonight? If so, "AM I doing something wrong?"

Thanks for letting me vent.

Now I'm just going to look forward to our upcoming cruise. Our oldest son who is in college, hasn't been able to join DH, myself and high school DS on our last two trips on the MAGIC. He will be with us on this one! I'm so glad we can all sail together again. This was the only BB cruise date that would work for all of us and we got it!

See you all in 90 days!!!!
Barb
bwcb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #703
danfromca
Earned his ears, now wants yours
Slept with 500 or so passports
Stumbling will probably be my primary mode of transportation by then

Hello All

Well, I've been quietly lurking here for a month or two, not knowing for sure how the economy or summer would shape up, but it looks like I'll be joining you along with my godson and two of his friends (13,13 & 15). Insane or brave? Time will tell.

I actually don't know how many Disney cruises I've been on - I really should call them and ask, but I do know for sure that my first cruise was October 99 on the Wonder (inaugural year) - I have a poster signed by the captain to prove it, so the temptation to choose the 10 year anniversary cruise. It will be odd being on such a short cruise (my last one was the eastbound Panama Canal cruise last summer), but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless (not to mention some significant time at WDW).

Hopefully all the details will work out, passports will arrive in time, etc. Assuming they do, I'll meet you in a few months.

Dan
danfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #704
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfromca View Post
Well, I've been quietly lurking here for a month or two, not knowing for sure how the economy or summer would shape up, but it looks like I'll be joining you along with my godson and two of his friends (13,13 & 15). Insane or brave? Time will tell.

I actually don't know how many Disney cruises I've been on - I really should call them and ask, but I do know for sure that my first cruise was October 99 on the Wonder (inaugural year) - I have a poster signed by the captain to prove it, so the temptation to choose the 10 year anniversary cruise. It will be odd being on such a short cruise (my last one was the eastbound Panama Canal cruise last summer), but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless (not to mention some significant time at WDW).

Hopefully all the details will work out, passports will arrive in time, etc. Assuming they do, I'll meet you in a few months.

Dan
Welcome aboard Dan! If you list the names of everyone in your group, I will add you to the cruise list on the first post of this thread and to the lanyard and name badge list.

Ken
Old 05-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #705
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Welcome Aboard one and all. great to have ya with us.

No plans here for anything just chill and go with the flow.

Get to head home Sunday, taught the last two days and have meetings today and tomorrow, Lynn will be here tomorrow, so will have to find a nice place to take her. Lots of nice places here in the hotel.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: