Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #256
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning cruisers! Our “Opening of the Adventurers Club – West” party was a success. We both ran up and down stairs so many times during the evening that I think we both got our workouts in! We now have tons of food left – you know, the junk food that you always serve at a party! We will be eating Buffalo Chicken and mini soufflés for a week! On the good side, we also have a big veggie tray left!

It is very windy here today, high wind warning in effect until tomorrow sometime – currently blowing at 27mph with gusts to 47, warning is for 45-55mph winds. Our yard is getting full of tumbleweeds, I need to go push them out of the yard so they will blow to Nebraska!

Ken - glad to hear that you got your "yardwork" in - I need to water the trees and bushes today - yes, we do have to water in the winter because of the wind. Hope you got your bike ride in on Tues.

Scott is on the road today, said to say Hi to everyone as he does not think he will get a chance to post for a day or two.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lynn G; 11-13-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Lynn G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #257
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers!

Really ugly here today – got about 2-4 inches of snow overnight, and it is windy – my wind gauge has frozen, but weather guy says 25mph wind with gusts to 45mph! The wind chill index is 6 degrees. High today will be 33 degrees. We have some good drifts in the backyard. The dogs would not go outside this morning, they have finally braved the wind and are outside now (probably wanting to come back in – be back in a minute).

Scott is still out of town, decided to stay overnight and finish up this morning, hoping that he will not have to go back there next week. He was planning to be back in Cheyenne around noon, but weather might delay him a bit.

Have a great day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #258
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers!

Ken and Shari - we are thinking of you with all those fires in Southern CA - stay safe!

Weather here has been nice for the weekend, yesterday sunny, highs in the 40's, and NO WIND, today, sunny, high should be in the 50's and so far - NO WIND!

Scott really enjoyed yesterday - not having to go to the basement for some project! We spent the day setting up the new Wii - then he spent several hours playing the Endless Oceans game! Today he is doing computer work

Have a great day!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #259
CarolynMink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn G View Post
Good Morning Cruisers!

Ken and Shari - we are thinking of you with all those fires in Southern CA - stay safe!

Weather here has been nice for the weekend, yesterday sunny, highs in the 40's, and NO WIND, today, sunny, high should be in the 50's and so far - NO WIND!

Scott really enjoyed yesterday - not having to go to the basement for some project! We spent the day setting up the new Wii - then he spent several hours playing the Endless Oceans game! Today he is doing computer work

Have a great day!
Lynn & Scott,

How is the Endless Ocean game? I was considering putting it on my Christmas list.

Weather here in Ohio has finally turned. We have snow today.

Enjoy the week everyone - we are closer to that cruise!
adding pts BLT;10/13 BCV, 6/13 BCV & BLT,1/13 AKV, 6/12 THV & AKV; 2012 added pts BCV x2; BCV 8/11, AKV, DCL & VWL 8/09, AKV & BWV 1/09, OKW,VWL,SSR; 2/08 add pts VWL; SSR 12/06, ASMo; 12/05 *joined DVC - SSR; Dolphin 3/01, FW cabin 5/00, OKW 5/98, Disneyland 6/96,off property WDW '90, '87, & '81
CarolynMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #260
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers!

Scott ended up monopolizing the game, but I watched over his shoulder for part of the time. It seemed like alot of fun, it gave alot of info on fish, and you could accumulated dive gear, but Scott never got to that point, so other than a camera, I do not know what other gear you can accumulate. He must have enjoyed it, he spent at least 2 hours, maybe closer to 3 playing the game. It is a one person game, so I went off to do other chores.

Weather here was very nice over the weekend, and should be nice all week!

Have a great day!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #261
kpros
I ride for the Arthritis Foundation!

Endless Ocean is a great way to dive without getting wet. We have it also and Shari enjoys playing. We will have to get a game of Mario Cart going across the net. Staci will be happy to have someone new to play against.

Went to DL on Saturday. Very smokey, but not very crowded. Toy Story Maina was great! Staci and I did it three times. I think they should sell a Wii version for home use.

Ken
kpros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #262
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Happy Birthday MICKEY!!!!!!

On the road, worked till midnight last night , Mario Cart, wii will see LOL

Could be fun.

Wall-E is out today, Lynn is doing a long walk 16-18 miles.

Back to work. 300 miles to drive to get home.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #263
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

I am most likely not going to be around for a couple of days. I have to make an emergency trip to Potosi Missouri. My 102 year old grandmother passed away early this morning, I have to fly out there and then I return on Friday. I may not be posting while I am out there.

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #264
kpros
I ride for the Arthritis Foundation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
I am most likely not going to be around for a couple of days. I have to make an emergency trip to Potosi Missouri. My 102 year old grandmother passed away early this morning, I have to fly out there and then I return on Friday. I may not be posting while I am out there.

Cayla
Cayla

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope you have a safe trip.

Ken
kpros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #265
CarolynMink
Mouseketeer

Cayla,

Sorry, to hear about you grandmother. Keep safe. We all will be looking forward to hear from you on your return.
adding pts BLT;10/13 BCV, 6/13 BCV & BLT,1/13 AKV, 6/12 THV & AKV; 2012 added pts BCV x2; BCV 8/11, AKV, DCL & VWL 8/09, AKV & BWV 1/09, OKW,VWL,SSR; 2/08 add pts VWL; SSR 12/06, ASMo; 12/05 *joined DVC - SSR; Dolphin 3/01, FW cabin 5/00, OKW 5/98, Disneyland 6/96,off property WDW '90, '87, & '81
CarolynMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #266
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning cruisers!

Well, I survived my long walk! It was actually 2 walks, one loop of 11 miles with the dogs, then a short stop at home to use bathroom, drop off tired dogs, eat a Kashi bar, and refill my water bottle, then out for a 7 mile loop. The actual milage was 18.53 miles, pace was 16:35 – not fast enough to beat the sweepers, but I was not pushing the speed, just walking at a comfortable pace. I almost feel ready for the Marathon in Jan.

We have put up a bird feeder next to the bird bath, and the finches are just flocking to it, it is right outside the window next to the computer, so I get to watch the birds while trying to keep up on the boards! The only problem is that I cannot make any sudden moves, or all the birds spook and fly off. I am literally no more than 4 feet from the bird feeder!

Cayla – sorry to hear of the sad news, you will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #267
sunshine1259
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post

Cayla

Hi, Cayla. I am sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip.

June 2004, WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Sept 2007, WDW Beach Club Resort, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Sept 2008, Bahama 4-Day Wonder
Aug 2009, WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Bahama 3-Day Wonder
Oct 2010, WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Magic
Jan 2011, LA Cruise to Nowhere 2-Day Wonder
Aug 2011, Alaska 7-Day Wonder
Sept 2012, Disneyland, Grand Californian Villas, Pixar California Coast Cruise 7-Day Wonder
Oct 20, 2012, WDW Animal Kingdom Villas, Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Fantasy

Numbers 10 and 11, B2B Dec 2013 3/4-Day Dream
sunshine1259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #268
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers!

It has turned cold here, after mid 60’s yesterday, high today will be 30 degrees, with freezing fog, freezing drizzle and snow – sounds beautiful doesn’t it?

Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #269
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Hey Kids, Feel Free to ask the Captain on this cruise to make an extra turn or two, cause we just paid our Fuel Surcharge. Maybe Water Skiing
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #270
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1259 View Post
Hi, Cayla. I am sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip.
Thanks Brenda - I am home again - it was a whirlwind week to say the least! I found out on Tues AM that she had passed away, had to be up at 4am on Wed for the 7am flight, got to the town she lived in at 3pm, wake was at 5! The funeral was the next morning (Thursday) then back to the hotel to nap for a few hours since I was leaving there at 1am for a 6am flight home. I got home on Friday afternoon at 3pm (had to stop at mom's to tell her all the junk the older uncle tried to play)...then fell asleep at 5pm.

Still can't seem to focus, but live does go on - she would be really annoyed if she thought someone was grieving for her - she lived and died on her terms. No confusion there. She was a strong lady.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: