Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #31
TinkAsh2001
DIS Veteran

I love your dress it is very pretty!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 AM   #32
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

Wedding

You're dress looks beautiful Larisa! My dress has a similar neckline and of course I love it. We are having our honeymoon at Disneyland (coming from Australia) and I can't wait. Only 7 months, 3 weeks and 3 days to go!!!

Congratulations and I hope everything goes well on your big day!
SnowWhite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #33
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Wonder dress - it is completely perfect for you.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #34
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkAsh2001 View Post
I love your dress it is very pretty!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite09 View Post
You're dress looks beautiful Larisa! My dress has a similar neckline and of course I love it. We are having our honeymoon at Disneyland (coming from Australia) and I can't wait. Only 7 months, 3 weeks and 3 days to go!!!

Congratulations and I hope everything goes well on your big day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
Wonder dress - it is completely perfect for you.

Linda
Thank you everyone!!! When I ordered my dress they said it would be ready in October, so I can't wait!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
nickandlarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 AM   #35
trudy88
Mouseketeer

Smile How beautiful!

Your dress is beautiful and your announcements are GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see your invitations!
trudy <><
trudy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #36
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Beautiful Dress, your announcements are just too cute! They are so beautiful! great job!

Sorry about the fiasco with the 1st venue, but i'm glad it all worked out and you are now happy again!!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #37
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful dress!! You look so happy in it! I can't believe all that nonsense with your reception location. I'm glad it all worked out in the end.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #38
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

You look so pretty in your dress. isn't it funny how you have one "look" in your mind until you start trying dresses on?
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #39
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

wow what designer made that ring its gorgeous? Id love to look at the designer's website!!!!! and your dress is gorgeous I love that cut on you
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #40
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

ring details

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
wow what designer made that ring its gorgeous? Id love to look at the designer's website!!!!! and your dress is gorgeous I love that cut on you
The designer is Mark Schneider www.markschneiderdesign.com (is it okay to post websites??)

I saw an ad in a bridal magazine that belonged to a friend almost two years before we were engaged and fell in love with his designs. I knew I wanted something unique yet totally feminine. I steered Nick in the right direction but the ultimate decision was his and he did a great job!!! Mine is called "mystic." Mark Schneider is from California and there was only one store in the state of Maryland that carried his designs at the time I got my ring, and it was actually local to me!

People always ask what I will do for wedding band. They will make a custom design that fits into all the nooks and crannies of the e-ring so they fit together. What's even cooler is that Mark himself is coming to the store in Maryland where Nick got my ring, for a special "ladies night out" event the jewelry store does once a year. They invite someone to schmooze you on diamonds, a representative for pearls, and one jewelry designer, plus all their loyal customers with free champagne and HEAVY hors d'oeuvres. (I think that's a funny way to describe hors d'oeuvres, haha.) Anyway, I am so long winded, my apologies! So this event is in November and I'm excited because I get to meet Mark and discuss the details of the wedding band that he will design. I got a price range and its not astronomical, so even better!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #41
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Details and Checklist

So today I tried to think of all the things we have done so far for the wedding and what there is left to do. I wanted to share and this helps me keep track, too! I will post pics soon of some of the things we have purchased or I have made that I haven’t shared yet. Please, let me know if there is anything that I am totally forgetting about?!?! Just over 9 months to go, I can’t believe how fast time is starting to fly!!!

DONE
Theme: Old World Fairytale
Colors: Aquamarine, Gold, Plum, Cherry Blossom Pink
Booked Church (officiant, cantor, organist included)
Booked Reception Site – for the second time, sticking with this one!
My dress – ordered and paid, fits like a glove, hopefully no/minimal alterations
Booked horse and carriage – from the church to the reception is about a 20 min drive, so the horse and carriage will meet us at the reception, at the start of the lane and take us up to the main building and we can pose for photos. The horses are Clydesdales!!
First Dance – “At Last” by Etta James (we will have known each other for 10 years , dated for 9 years, engaged for 2 years, come our wedding day, so it seemed appropriate! Nick really wanted a country song at first but then we agreed on something timeless and classic instead of something current so this was a perfect fit for us.)
Father/Daughter dance – “Lara’s Theme” from Dr. Zhivago, (I was named after the character Lara in this movie. Lara is the shortened name of Larisa. On a side note, Larisa is actually a common Eastern European name, my dad was born in Ukraine and immigrated as a child, so my Ukrainian heritage is very important to me.)
Toasting glasses – Waterford crystal, we received as an engagement gift from Nick’s dad
Cake knife - coordinates with glasses, I bought from Waterford outlet, I like nice things at a bargain!
Engagement Photos – by Skip Faulkner, he is doing our wedding, too. Posted previously.
Engagement Announcements – by me! Posted previously.
Wedding websitewww.nickandlarisa.com, we have this password protected because I was getting spam on the guest book, but just PM me and I will give you the password if you want to take a look.
Groom’s wedding band – again we got a deal, my mom and I had each entered a love letter contest at a local jewelry store, we didn’t win, but each participant got a $100 gift certificate. We were able to use both gift certificates towards Nick’s ring, which is a pretty basic white gold band, so he only had to pay a small difference!
Reserved hotel blocks for guests
Registered for gifts - Macy’s, Pottery Barn, and my favorite, Williams-Sonoma
Formally asked bridal party – Nick called his guys, and I being the crafty one, made a little photo book with memories from over the years for each of my eight bridesmaids. I have 3 high school friends, 3 college friends, my cousin and Nick’s sister. Two of my high school girls are my maid and matron of honor which works out with Nick’s two brothers who will both be best men.
Bridesmaid Welcome & Measurement Packet – made these too.

IN PROGRESS
Contacted DJ - meeting with him next week
Contacted Bakery for cake and possible dessert/pastry tray - they will be in touch after this wedding season officially ends, need to think of ideas!
Contacted Pianist for Cocktail Hour – reception location has a baby grand
Booked Photographer - need final contract and to pay deposit
Candy Buffet – I have all of the glass jars, bought at various discount stores like Marshalls, Homegoods.
Looking at menu & bar options for reception
Bridesmaid dresses – my mom is making these, we’ve purchased the fabric, taken measurements, and the dresses are underway
Cardholder for gift table – found a cute whimsical looking birdcage we are painting gold, I will add some flowers/ribbon.
Save the Dates – I’m working on these now, coming soon
Bride’s wedding band – I am meeting with the designer in November to work on a custom piece that will fit my engagement ring
Booked part of honeymoon - (4-night DCL, need to book before and after land stays at WDW)
Guestbook - 99% sure we are going to order something from the Guestbook Store, love their design and its one less thing I will have to make!
Rehearsal Dinner Dress – I put this under “in progress” because I already have a dress but not 100% sure I want to wear it for the rehearsal. It’s a black and white polka-dot old fashion looking frock that I call my Minnie mouse dress because I have red paten leather shoes and headband to go with it. If we do a Mickey/Minnie theme rehearsal it will work, but if not I might look for something more elegant, less fun, we’ll see.
Next Day Farewell – really super low key coffee and donuts/muffins at my parents house, out of town guests can stop by on their way home and we will be there to say farewell before we head to the airport for our Honeymoon

NEED TO DO
Flowers - find a florist, think about centerpieces
Pre-Cana (for Catholic ceremony)
Limo
Choose a Mother/Son dance song
Ukrainian Folk Dancers – this is a big MAYBE, but if we can find a troupe and they are reasonably priced, this will be a brief bit of entertainment during dinner that I think would be really fun and unique
Rehearsal Dinner location (first we need to figure out who is paying for this, but that’s a different story!)
Place Cards – I will make
Crystal Tree – I’ll explain this more later, originally was going to make one per table as centerpieces, but now am going to make just one and have it on the table where we display place cards
Invitations – I will make
Programs – I will make
Menu Cards – I will make
Table Numbers/Names – I will make
Bags/Boxes for candy buffet
Thank you cards – I will make
Hair and makeup ideas and where to go
Veil
Headpiece – thinking I don’t want a tiara but maybe a headband or other crystal accents, want to do fresh flowers in my hair, too.
Shoes - on the hunt for fancy ballet flats, Nick is only about 2 inches taller than me so I want to be as short as possible and the dress length is good with flats or very slight heel.
Wedding Day Jewelry
Ceremony Readings/Music – we have a workbook from our church to help us decide
Welcome bags for guests at hotel
Bridal Party gifts
Parents gifts
A gift for Nick (he already said he wants the latest Play Station system, what a guy! I tried to explain a wedding gift to each other should probably be something sentimental, and he said Play Station is sentimental, haha. We may not even do gifts too each other cause we will be broke, so we’ll see.)

Am I forgetting anything???

WOW, I have a lot of things to design and make!! That’s okay, I get more excited over the little details than the big stuff, I’ll post pics soon and suggestions are always welcome!!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #42
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudy88 View Post
Your dress is beautiful and your announcements are GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see your invitations!
trudy <><
Thanks, I'm working on the save-the-dates now, I will post them soon! I'm in my glory making all of these things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
Beautiful Dress, your announcements are just too cute! They are so beautiful! great job!

Sorry about the fiasco with the 1st venue, but i'm glad it all worked out and you are now happy again!!
Its so nice to be happy again and not angry about wedding planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBride View Post
What a beautiful dress!! You look so happy in it! I can't believe all that nonsense with your reception location. I'm glad it all worked out in the end.
Thank you! And I am super impressed with your posting and how you keep up on everyone's PJs, how do you do it!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
You look so pretty in your dress. isn't it funny how you have one "look" in your mind until you start trying dresses on?
Totally, this was literally the farthest thing from what I pictured but its perfect!

Old 10-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #43
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

I posted this in the dress thread but your dress is truly gorgeous and looks like it is made for you!! The cut just fits great! Thanks for the list that you posted .. I may just steal it for myself as well to keep on track lol!

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #44
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Since I'm another Maryland bride, I'm definitely subscribing!! PM me with what area you live in, maybe we can meet up one day for Wedding/Disneymoon talk =)
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #45
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Larisa, I love to hear all your planning!! So glad I found another "home bride"!! You and your fiance are goregous, and your dress looks beautiful on you! Oh, and your wedding announcements are fabulous!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: