Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #16
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited that you started a PJ

I think it's great that you're getting your dream wedding. I have a friend who got married where her husband was from in a small ceremony and then did a big wedding in MI on their 1st anniversary.

I love your ring set, is that in filigree style?

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Well, I am back...sorry I haven't posted anything on here in so long!!! I promise I will get to the wedding planning soon....part of the problem is that my dad borrowed my camera this week while he and my mom are on vacation, so I can't really post any new pics just yet.

I guess that I CAN tell you guys that we just recently got our date!!! June 22, 2009. This was very exciting to me, I felt like I waited so long just to get the date squared away, and now I have to wait until October to sign my contract!!! I am so dang excited, I just want to get things MOVING....you know?? Anyways, luckily we got the ceremony we wanted (10 AM) and the reception where we wanted (St. James room, BW). I didn't really care what ballroom it was in, just wanted the reception at the BW. It sounds like it will be nice, there is a patio off the ballroom and that is where the cocktail hour will be.

Oh, I just remembered that I DO have some pictures in photobucket from our "engagement picture photo shoot".

Here are a couple of my favorites:

There are more, but I will post more later....

Ok, on to some other news.....I guess I will just blurt it out, cause I really want to get some people's opinions on this....I just found out that I am pregnant!!! This is very exciting news to us, although it is rather unexpected and a little sooner then we had planned. I am about 6 weeks along, which makes my due date around March 23. Here is the thing: I really feel in my heart that I still want to go through with the Disney wedding. Even though I know it will be a little harder with a 3 month old, I still think it is possible. I just feel like if we say we are going to wait, that we will never do it. We won't have the money, we won't have the same people committed, and I just don't see it happening down the road. And I dont' want to regret that I never did it when I had the chance. Does that sound really stupid??

Anyways, I just had to find out what some of you girls think about this situation....Let me know....Next time: wedding planning, I promise!!

Last edited by Flurbee; 04-15-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Flurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #18
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I'm so excited that you started a PJ

I think it's great that you're getting your dream wedding. I have a friend who got married where her husband was from in a small ceremony and then did a big wedding in MI on their 1st anniversary.

I love your ring set, is that in filigree style?
Thanks....I guess it was about time I got around to starting this... Not to sound dumb, but really have no idea if my ring is in filigree style... All I know is that when we saw it we loved it..I remember the title of the ring was called Antique....We actually changed the center stone, it was set with a round diamond, but I wanted princess cut, so we had them change the prongs and picked out a different diamond....I really love it!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #19
december14disney
December Magic

Just got caught up again and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Do what your heart says and have your wedding...I bet it will be even MORE special with the new baby because he/she will be a PART of it.
08/10 Trip with 30 friends!
10/10 at Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas!

Proud member of the Kidani Club and proud DVC owner!

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kidanikatie
december14disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #20
MariaLovesJon<3
Earning My Ears

Congratulations on the new prince or princess! Having them there for your DFTW will make it all the more special and magical for you!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
disneychickforever
Queen of Disney Elephants

Aw! Congratulations Maure'! I'm so happy for you That's just so awesome and such great news.
I kind of wish I was still moving to PA now, so I could help out with anything if you needed it. But I'm sure you'll still have loads of help.
Best of luck, and here is my wish for a healthy happy baby!

PS. I forgot to mention, I think you should go on with the VR! You're right, it's a once in a life time thing. Don't worry about the inlaws! We all have your backs here on DIS
A few offsite stays to which dates can't be remembered
Summer 1994-All Star Sports *Summer 1995-All Star Sports*Summer 1996-All Star Music*Summer 1997- All Star Music*May 2000-Day trip to Epcot*Summer 2001-POFQ
November 2005-All Star Music (I was in the Candlelight Processional)*November 16-19 2006-All Star Music (Happy 18th Birthday To Me)
August 10-13 2007 - Pop Century (for Fall 07 CP check in, had to leave early)*September 26-28 2008-Gaylord Palms (offsite) (closing of PI)
March 7th 2009-Day trip to DHS*Fall 2009 Merch CP August 19th 2009-January 8th 2010

Last edited by disneychickforever; 07-30-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: to add PS
disneychickforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #22
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Congrats on teh baby!!

I think you should go on with the VR. It'll be like this will be the official start of your life as a family together!! What a perfect way to celebrate!! Go with what you want!

Can't wait to read more about it!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #23
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I agree you should definitely go on with the vow renewal because like you said if it doesn't happen now odds are you won't ever get around to it. Next year will be full of all kinds of celebrations for your family. Congratulations!

Sounds like our rings are the same filigree is just another term for the antique style from a certain period of time

Btw- I love the picture on the beach. Is that Lake Erie? I usually can spot one of the Great Lakes when I see them coming from MI. Of course, watch now that I said that I'm wrong!

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #24
AuroraBorealis
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!!!

You should totally go ahead with the VR! You've got your dates and dream locations and you'll have your new baby to celebrate, too. I can't imagine a more perfect time for a dream VR.
AuroraBorealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #25
ClemsonGirl
Mouseketeer

Hi! I just got caught up on your PJ! Congrats on the big news! I agree, you should definitely go with the VR if you feel up to it! It will be even more special
Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #26
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Oh my goodness I just flew over here when you said you had news on my PJ.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR BOTH REASONS!!!!

First I am so excited for you and your DF for your baby!!!!! and for your date!!!!

Wow how exciting for you! Now you have to have a baby PJ!

I am so super happy for you two!!! I can't wait to hear more news and follow along with your wedding planning and pregnancy!

Oh and by the way I love your pictures!!! You two are so cute!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #27
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by december14disney View Post
Just got caught up again and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Do what your heart says and have your wedding...I bet it will be even MORE special with the new baby because he/she will be a PART of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaLovesJon<3 View Post
Congratulations on the new prince or princess! Having them there for your DFTW will make it all the more special and magical for you!
Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement, I really appreciate it!! I agree, it will be MORE special with our new baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychickforever View Post
Aw! Congratulations Maure'! I'm so happy for you That's just so awesome and such great news.
I kind of wish I was still moving to PA now, so I could help out with anything if you needed it. But I'm sure you'll still have loads of help.
Best of luck, and here is my wish for a healthy happy baby!
PS. I forgot to mention, I think you should go on with the VR! You're right, it's a once in a life time thing. Don't worry about the inlaws! We all have your backs here on DIS
Thank you!! I feel the love!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
Congrats on teh baby!!

I think you should go on with the VR. It'll be like this will be the official start of your life as a family together!! What a perfect way to celebrate!! Go with what you want!

Can't wait to read more about it!
Thanks again. I am glad everyone is so supportive on here!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I agree you should definitely go on with the vow renewal because like you said if it doesn't happen now odds are you won't ever get around to it. Next year will be full of all kinds of celebrations for your family. Congratulations!

Sounds like our rings are the same filigree is just another term for the antique style from a certain period of time

Btw- I love the picture on the beach. Is that Lake Erie? I usually can spot one of the Great Lakes when I see them coming from MI. Of course, watch now that I said that I'm wrong!
No, you are absolutely right!! We live in Erie, Pa. and our pictures were taken on the peninsula.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
Congratulations!!!!

You should totally go ahead with the VR! You've got your dates and dream locations and you'll have your new baby to celebrate, too. I can't imagine a more perfect time for a dream VR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonGirl View Post
Hi! I just got caught up on your PJ! Congrats on the big news! I agree, you should definitely go with the VR if you feel up to it! It will be even more special
Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
Oh my goodness I just flew over here when you said you had news on my PJ.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR BOTH REASONS!!!!

First I am so excited for you and your DF for your baby!!!!! and for your date!!!!

Wow how exciting for you! Now you have to have a baby PJ!

I am so super happy for you two!!! I can't wait to hear more news and follow along with your wedding planning and pregnancy!

Oh and by the way I love your pictures!!! You two are so cute!
Thank you so much Toni!! I can't even keep up with this PJ, let alone a baby PJ!!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #28
disneychickforever
Queen of Disney Elephants

Yay Maure's back

How are you feeling?
A few offsite stays to which dates can't be remembered
Summer 1994-All Star Sports *Summer 1995-All Star Sports*Summer 1996-All Star Music*Summer 1997- All Star Music*May 2000-Day trip to Epcot*Summer 2001-POFQ
November 2005-All Star Music (I was in the Candlelight Processional)*November 16-19 2006-All Star Music (Happy 18th Birthday To Me)
August 10-13 2007 - Pop Century (for Fall 07 CP check in, had to leave early)*September 26-28 2008-Gaylord Palms (offsite) (closing of PI)
March 7th 2009-Day trip to DHS*Fall 2009 Merch CP August 19th 2009-January 8th 2010
disneychickforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #29
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Wedding update

Hello everyone. I know it has been like forever since I have been on here. I wasn't feeling well for awhile and we had a little scare, but everything is ok with baby and me!!! We have come to a hard decision though. Jake and I have decided to postpone the disney wedding for 2 years. This was, as I said, a hard decision to come to, but one that will be best for us in the long run. We are in no way cancelling the wedding, it will still go on, but it will be in June of 2011.

So, while this is disappointing that I have to wait longer now, there are some positive aspects. This gives my guests more time to save up money to go to Florida. It also gives us time to save up more money to do some extra things with the wedding, like a DP and having Mickey and Minnie at the reception!! Which is exciting!! Also our little boy or girl will be able to have a more active role in the wedding as the flower girl or ring bearer. Another plus is that 2 of my cousins just had babies and their babies will be older and more able to enjoy Disney World. So, in the end, while I HATE to wait, it will be a better decision all around. And we didn't make our deposit yet, so that is a good thing.

I will still continue on with the PJ, it will just be really long now!! I am glad I will have more time to plan and get ideas from everyone on here. Let me know what everyone thinks about this.

Last edited by Flurbee; 04-15-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Flurbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #30
Flurbee
Addicted to the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychickforever View Post
Yay Maure's back

How are you feeling?
I am feeling pretty good...I actually am out of town right now, but had to post my update since I haven't been on in so long. Let me know what you think.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: