Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World > Camping Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
WDWNerd
Earning My Ears

Labor Day Weekend

We are at Gulf State Park this weekend. It's our first time here, & we LOVE it already! Our spot is roomy & very private.

My Mickey lights came in this week & we've got them glowing! I would post a pic, but it looks like a lot of work (especially from a phone). Now I understand why most people don't do it while on vacation!!!

I hope everyone has a fun & safe weekend!

Cheers! 🍺🍹🍻
Off Property 1990s - Oct 2010 Coronodo Springs - Dec 2010 Contemporary- Tower - Aug 2011 Contemporary- Garden Wing - Jan 2012 ALL Stars Movies - Dec 2012 Art of Animation - May 2013 Caribbean Beach & Disney Dream Cruise- Feb 2014 Port Orleans Riverside
WDWNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWNerd View Post
We are at Gulf State Park this weekend. It's our first time here, & we LOVE it already! Our spot is roomy & very private.

My Mickey lights came in this week & we've got them glowing! I would post a pic, but it looks like a lot of work (especially from a phone). Now I understand why most people don't do it while on vacation!!!

I hope everyone has a fun & safe weekend!

Cheers! ������
Nerd,

We love Gulf State Park too. Been going there for about 25 years with my family and even before that as a kid. In fact, it is our most visited campground. I like the easy access to the beach, the new pool installed a few years ago, the small town of Gulf Shores, the seafood places, the cheese farm, the bike trails, all of it. Our posters flametamr and tiggerdad have been to Gulf lately.

I like being up by the lake in the spring summer fall months but off the lake in winter. The wind is strong off the beach and across the lake that time of year.

My wife likes the super clean comfort stations that are air conditioned also. I think we will be back down there once maybe twice before the end of the year.

Enjoy!

Bama Ed
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
Readerbug
Using My Ears

Labor Day Weekend/ Gulf State Park

WDWnerd, that was just fun post to read, as we will be making our first visit there at the begining of Oct. after a stay at FW. Most of our vacation will be spent there instead of WDW this year. We have never been to the gulf coast, it will be new and an adventure.

I am wondering what the weather is/has been/was like for your stay, as I have been keeping an eye on the noaa.com site for the area and reading about the riptide warnings that were associated with recent storms. But, not familiar with the area, I can't really visualize what it would be like during late hurricane season in terms of family beach recreation over a span of time.

I have a friend who, in the face of rain, says there is no such thing as a bad day at the beach. I do believe her, but she's a Cali-girl and when we talk rain, she doesn't know what she doesn't know .

I hope you have a wonderful, restful relaxing time at the campground (Hey, how are you posting- didn't think they had wi-fi working! :) And actually, I hope you are having too nice a time watching the surf to surf the boards!

Me, DH edu IT man, 19, 17, 15, 13, 10, 7.
Readerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
WDWNerd
Earning My Ears

Ed, We loved it! It's funny, b/c I camped here as a child, & my husband reminded me that we tent camped here a/b 9 years ago. It looks so different to me! We will be back. Reader, There was a red flag out the whole time we have been here. My kids played in the water at about knee deep & it wasn't a problem. The drive to the beach was so short & the pavilion was nice. It rained a lot the first night we were here, but we had no problems in the travel trailer. We expected a lot of afternoon showers throughout our trip, but there weren't ever any! There was a nice breeze blowing the whole time. I hope you love Gulf Shores! We normally stay in condos here, but we will be staying at the state park from now on!! It was very relaxing & we loved riding our bikes!

We are heading home, but have to catch some rolls first!
Off Property 1990s - Oct 2010 Coronodo Springs - Dec 2010 Contemporary- Tower - Aug 2011 Contemporary- Garden Wing - Jan 2012 ALL Stars Movies - Dec 2012 Art of Animation - May 2013 Caribbean Beach & Disney Dream Cruise- Feb 2014 Port Orleans Riverside
WDWNerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: