Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2008, 05:15 AM   #31
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
The first dress out of the two is absolutely stunning!
I think it will suit my shape so I just hope I can find it in a shop now and that its not too expensive.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:00 AM   #32
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

i really like the first too! It looks alot like the first one I tried on.

Have fun shopping!

lov2b@disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #33
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Hi Claire,

just catching up all your plans sound great, i love the dress you like

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #34
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
Hi Claire,

just catching up all your plans sound great, i love the dress you like
Thanks Rachel
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #35
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

I just read your PJ and I love your glasses and cake knives! Everything looks great. I also love the dresses you are choosing between. I have to say that I love the first one the best! Can't wait to read more!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #36
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
I just read your PJ and I love your glasses and cake knives! Everything looks great. I also love the dresses you are choosing between. I have to say that I love the first one the best! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for reading
Old 07-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #37
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Booking

Just found out from Disney that currently you can only book Sunset Point 8 months out I think I might go nuts waiting
Old 07-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #38
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Just found out from Disney that currently you can only book Sunset Point 8 months out I think I might go nuts waiting
Why's that, did they say?
I though all outdoor locations were at 12 months out

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #39
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
I asked: What's the alternate indoor location in case of rain?

This is a special case for the Sunset Point. Currently, the backup location at Disney's Polynesian Resort is under refurbishment. So, you have two (2) options as a Sunset Point bride:

1) Book a "guaranteed" backup at the Wedding Pavilion. This would reserve Sunset Point and Disney's Wedding Pavilion for your special day. Therefore, the experience price would be for the Premium level $5,500.00.

2) Take the "non-guaranteed" backup option. This would mean that if there is inclement weather on the day of the event, we would utilize space at any convention center on Walt Disney World property. This experience price would be for the Deluxe level $4,500.00.

Due to these bookings, Sunset Point is now at an 8 month in advance booking period. So, for an event on December 30, 2009, we can begin looking at availability on April 30, 2009.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #40
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Its making me think, I might book a different location at 12 months out then change at 8 months to Sunset Point to make sure I get my date.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #41
Lindsay22
DIS Veteran

CLAIRE!!
I like the first dress on the second page. I'm a huge fan of tafetta and I like the pin thing on the side.
I have the exact opposite height problem. Chris is 5'2 and I'm5'7. Highly annoying. At least you have a zillion choices for shoes. It's really hard to find cute flats!!
My shoe suggestion... the path to Sunset Pointe is really long and up a hill and it's made to look like stones. I might go for a wedge heel so that you have a little more support.

Lindsay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #42
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

I think the first gown is gorgeous. I am also very short and when I look at all the pix of gowns I tried on, those that had a lot of very visible detailing at the hem immediately made me look shorter. I hope you'll try on lots of styles and decide which looks best on you. It is also really helpful to have someone take full-length pix so that you can see what the overall impression is that is created by the shape, line and detailing of the gown. Most importantly, have a great time!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #43
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay22 View Post
CLAIRE!!
I like the first dress on the second page. I'm a huge fan of tafetta and I like the pin thing on the side.
I have the exact opposite height problem. Chris is 5'2 and I'm5'7. Highly annoying. At least you have a zillion choices for shoes. It's really hard to find cute flats!!
My shoe suggestion... the path to Sunset Pointe is really long and up a hill and it's made to look like stones. I might go for a wedge heel so that you have a little more support.
Is that tafetta? I always wondered what that was and Organza (sp?) I don't know anything about fabric and materials, just what I like the look of!

I think the pin thing will emphasise my small waist rather than my big hips, well thats what I hope. I'm worried everything will just drown me and look stupid, most dresses look better on tall people.

I think I will go for a wedge as i'm very unstable, I fall over a lot. It must be hard looking for flat wedding shoes as the makers assume you want a heel. Could you buy a plain pair and jazz them up?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #44
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

I agree with the full length picture

Having pictures helped SO much in deciding on a gown. I felt they really looked different when you were looking at them in a mirror and when you were looking at a photograph of you in the dress. I took a few pictures of the gowns I tried on - printed them out - and put them in a small pocket photo album (one that held around 24 pictures). This way I could carry it around with me and look at them every once in a while. I got a much better view of them this way. You could really see what it would look like on your body and what your wedding photographs will look like. It was also nice to have a picture with me when I was shopping around for accessories.

I also like the first gown out of the two you are looking at.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #45
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
I think the first gown is gorgeous. I am also very short and when I look at all the pix of gowns I tried on, those that had a lot of very visible detailing at the hem immediately made me look shorter. I hope you'll try on lots of styles and decide which looks best on you. It is also really helpful to have someone take full-length pix so that you can see what the overall impression is that is created by the shape, line and detailing of the gown. Most importantly, have a great time!
Thanks for the tip about detailing round the hem. I thought any detail might look squashed together as it wouldn't be a very long dress.

In the UK now lots of shops don't let you take photos and charge you to try on dresses as they are finding lots of people waste the shops time then go and buy it online or have it made from the photos, it was in the news recently.

I plan to have a fabulous time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: