Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #16
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmslush View Post
You will love the sunset point location! It is absolutely magical to get married there!!!
Yes I felt it when I visited last year.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #17
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

The Guests

We will only be inviting 8 people as thats the limit for Sunset Pointe but it also is the perfect number for us.

Guest List:

Mum and Step-Dad - don't know we are engaged yet but are expecting it and know the Disney plan which they think is a great idea

Dad - has no idea, is not likely to be happy about getting married at Disney, I am anticipating a big arguement

DFs Mum, Dad and brother - have been told we are engaged but don't know about disney yet, his parents are not likely to be happy about the plan but there won't be an arguement, Mike's not sure if his brother will come coz of the cost

Best Man and Bridesmaid - are best friends are a couple as well, they don't know we are engaged yet but we had told them that we wanted to get married in Disney and they said they would save up and come but I worry that the cost will be too much for them

I will keep you updated as we tell people.

Up next what I've done so far...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #18
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

What I've done so far

Booked Randy Chapman for the photography to do the wedding and firework cruise.

Plus I've bought a few bits from eBay as I've spotted them.

A cake slice and knife:

A pair of champagne glasses:

And some wedding minne ears with veil:

when I've told my Mum a week on Friday I will begin to look for The Dress.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #19
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

I hope everyone comes through for you and decides to come / can make it.

Looking forward to hearing how the dress shopping goes...

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:31 AM   #20
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Sounds like your plans are coming together Claire, I can't wait to see The Dress I always thought i'd like a small wedding too: It'll probably be WDW or Vegas for us
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Lizzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:51 AM   #21
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Sounds like your plans are coming together Claire, I can't wait to see The Dress I always thought i'd like a small wedding too: It'll probably be WDW or Vegas for us
You're going to Vegas in 2 months, is there something we don't know about?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:58 AM   #22
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
You're going to Vegas in 2 months, is there something we don't know about?
Good point! An elopement maybe?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 AM   #23
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Haha, naw, though I don't deny it would probably be easy to do.. And yes it would definitely involve Elvis
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Lizzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:04 AM   #24
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Lovely to read all about your magical wedding plans Claire - it all sounds stunning and a dream come true. Makes me wish I could do it all again and have a Disney wedding - my dream now is to hopefully renew our vows one day on the Disney Magic. Look forward to hearing more about your plans and preparations!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:06 AM   #25
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Height Issue

As well as being very top heavy I am also very short just 5 Foot 1, where as DF is 6 Foot 3, so I have a dilemma, do I wear high heels all day and have sore feet, flats and we might look a bit odd in photos, or heels for the photos then flats later on and let my dress drag across the floor? I am leaning towards the last option.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:09 AM   #26
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Haha, naw, though I don't deny it would probably be easy to do.. And yes it would definitely involve Elvis
Well Vegas with no Elvis would just be wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Lovely to read all about your magical wedding plans Claire - it all sounds stunning and a dream come true. Makes me wish I could do it all again and have a Disney wedding - my dream now is to hopefully renew our vows one day on the Disney Magic. Look forward to hearing more about your plans and preparations!
Thank you. A VR on the Disney Magic would be wonderful and I believe quite reasonabley priced.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:37 AM   #27
DigitalLove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
As well as being very top heavy I am also very short just 5 Foot 1, where as DF is 6 Foot 3, so I have a dilemma, do I wear high heels all day and have sore feet, flats and we might look a bit odd in photos, or heels for the photos then flats later on and let my dress drag across the floor? I am leaning towards the last option.

Hubby is 6'5... and i'm 5'2 (on tiptoes). I don't actually reach his shoulder and was worried about the photos looking naff, so I wore HIGH heels!! Now, i'm usually a chucks kind of girl, and I own ONE pair of heels so it was important to me that I didn't end up tottering around like Aunt Sally on the big day... so I wore them around the house... ALOT. I'd be skipping around doing the hoovering in my jamas and 4 inch heels!! The only time I took them off was when we were on the boat and I really didn't notice them all day. I'm glad I wore them, because in some of the photos hubby still looks like he's having a problem bending to kiss me etc, so it would have been so much worse with flats on. Thats why I also chose to wear my hair high on the top of my head to give me some more height in the photos.

Our first dance at our reception over here was a disaster!!! My shoes had ankle straps and i'd just kicked them off under the table when the DJ announced us to dance, and didn't have time to put them back on again!! The fantastic dance we were GOING to do was quickly aborted for a shuffle around the dance floor as the height difference was just TOO much, and poor hubby ended up picking me up half way through the song to dance as he was fed up having to stoop so much!!

Oh.... parcel is in the post!!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:51 AM   #28
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalLove View Post
Hubby is 6'5... and i'm 5'2 (on tiptoes). I don't actually reach his shoulder and was worried about the photos looking naff, so I wore HIGH heels!! Now, i'm usually a chucks kind of girl, and I own ONE pair of heels so it was important to me that I didn't end up tottering around like Aunt Sally on the big day... so I wore them around the house... ALOT. I'd be skipping around doing the hoovering in my jamas and 4 inch heels!! The only time I took them off was when we were on the boat and I really didn't notice them all day. I'm glad I wore them, because in some of the photos hubby still looks like he's having a problem bending to kiss me etc, so it would have been so much worse with flats on. Thats why I also chose to wear my hair high on the top of my head to give me some more height in the photos.

Our first dance at our reception over here was a disaster!!! My shoes had ankle straps and i'd just kicked them off under the table when the DJ announced us to dance, and didn't have time to put them back on again!! The fantastic dance we were GOING to do was quickly aborted for a shuffle around the dance floor as the height difference was just TOO much, and poor hubby ended up picking me up half way through the song to dance as he was fed up having to stoop so much!!

Oh.... parcel is in the post!!

High heels it is then with big hair!

Can't wait to get the parcel
Old 07-10-2008, 04:55 AM   #29
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

More Wedding Dress Ideas

I looked up some more wedding dresses online last night that i'd spotted in a Bridal magazine.

I really like this one:

This one i'm not sure if its too much detail, I want it quite simple:

Old 07-10-2008, 05:05 AM   #30
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

The first dress out of the two is absolutely stunning!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: