Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Tours you are interested in participating in (regular or Magical Gathering ones)
MK - Good Morning Gathering (MG) - breakfast at Tony's 13 34.21%
AK - Safari Celebration Dinner (MG) - end of day safari and dinner reception 26 68.42%
EPCOT - International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception (MG) 26 68.42%
Magical Fireworks Voyage (MG) - Seven Seas Lagoon 18 47.37%
EPCOT - Around the World - Segway 15 39.47%
All parks - Backstage Magic 13 34.21%
EPCOT - Dolphins In Depth 8 21.05%
MK - Keys To The Kingdom 16 42.11%
MK - Magic Behind Our Steam Trains 7 18.42%
MK - Mickey's Magical Milestones 8 21.05%
EPCOT - The Undiscovered Future World 11 28.95%
AK - Wild By Design 10 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #76
Care
Mouseketeer

Yes, Jen, I did respond to the poll. (Happy belated Canada Day, by the way. I was winging my way back from Halifax on Tuesday afternoon. Photos to follow...)

Sha, I managed to see a whale. A fin whale, to be precise. Wow, was it ever big... And no, I did not get covered in whale snot although I now know how to look for whales out in the open water.

Happy Fourth of July to our friends south of the border!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #77
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
And no, I did not get covered in whale snot although I now know how to look for whales out in the open water.

Happy Fourth of July to our friends south of the border!

Happy belated Canadian Day to you too!! (since you were away)

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #78
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 07-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #79
Sha

Am moving some of the getting to know you questions that Jenroc and others had over on the first part of this thread. This is for the newbies who didnt post over there (or anyone who wants to redo them LOL) Dont forget to do the poll.

Quoting Jenroc, Antss2001 and Rebecca06261: "lets do 20 questions..."

1. when is your birthday?

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW?

3. favorite park?

4. what is your height?

5. favorite food/cuisine?

6. in what year did you first visit the world?

7. favorite Disney memory?

8. favorite Disney ride?

9. least favorite ride?

10. are you a pin collector/trader??

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right??

12. when was your last trip to the World?

13. when is your next trip to the World?

14. favorite Disney character?

15. least favorite Disney character?

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away:

17. Own room, share with friend or group of friends?

18. How long you are interested in staying? (2, 3, 7 days, etc)

19. Hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ?)

20. Is there anything that you have never done at WDW that you want to do with a the group?

Old 07-06-2008, 05:30 AM   #80
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Did I miss these questions from last time? I don't remember seeing them at all. . .

1. when is your birthday? March 14, 1961

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Usually check in at the hotel. In May, I went to AK and rode Expedition Everest first. Last August we went to Epcot first and rode Test Track

3. favorite park? I think its a tie between Animal Kingdom (love animals) and Epcot (love the World Showcase)

4. what is your height? 5'5"

5. favorite food/cuisine? Wow, I love fish and seafood the most, but I love the flavors of Japan and Africa very much.

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 2007, but if Disneyland Resort counted then I have been visiting Disney parks since I was a very small child.

7. favorite Disney memory? I make new memories every time I go, but my most recent favorite memory is my son (15 year old) and I on the Mark Twain Steamship at DLR. Not something we normally do and we had an absolute wonderful time taking in all the sites while cruising around the rivers of America

8. favorite Disney ride? Rock n Roller Coaster. . .followed closely by Expedition Everest.

9. least favorite ride? Least favorite means I still like it right? That would have to be IASW

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? Just bought my first set of pins

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? Wish I could use that as an excuse. . .

12. when was your last trip to the World? May 2008

13. when is your next trip to the World? August 2008 followed by December 2008

14. favorite Disney character? Tinkerbell, followed closely by Cinderella

15. least favorite Disney character? I am not a big fan of the Pooh characters. . .since they weren't originally Disney characters, they don't seem like Disney characters to me.

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: For a weekend at WDW, the dream getaway would be at BC or Boardwalk Inn with most of my time spent at Epcot and DHS. For Disneyland weekends, I just need to stay somewhere close. . .you can do everything in a weekend.

17. Own room, share with friend or group of friends? That would depend on what I was doing. If going on a singles trip and meeting others, I usually prefer my own room.

18. How long you are interested in staying? (2, 3, 7 days, etc) I think a minimum stay for me would be 5 days due to airfare from the Western end of the US.

19. Hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ?) Not sure of my preference yet. I have only stayed at ASMu and Pop so far. In August I am staying at POR and BWI, in December I am thinking about AKL. I guess it would depend on who I am going with and/or who I am meeting. I do like the Epcot location though

20. Is there anything that you have never done at WDW that you want to do with a the group? There are several things I have yet to do. . .an Illuminations cruise, a Segway tour, an early morning tour on Kilimanjaro Safaries. . .etc.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #81
Sha

Just so you know you arent going Mad Darcy.. you didnt do them from the other thread. They were in the beginning of it.

Morning everyone hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!! Am going to go out and play this afternoon with a friend .

Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #82
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Just so you know you arent going Mad Darcy.. you didnt do them from the other thread. They were in the beginning of it.

Morning everyone hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!! Am going to go out and play this afternoon with a friend .
Its a wonderful feeling to know I am not going mad. . .lol. I am meeting friends for breakfast this morning. . .may go out and play later. . .lol
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #83
Jenroc
SMILE !! Everyone will wonder what you are up to !!

I don't think I answered all the questions either (hehehe hehehe)

1. when is your birthday? April 4, 1964

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? shed a tear of joy ..... seriously !!

3. favorite park? I love them all but I guess I am more partial to MK !

4. what is your height? 5'5"

5. favorite food/cuisine? ummmm - tough one -- I guess Italian

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1974 but I went to DL for the first time in 1969

7. favorite Disney memory? WAY TOO many to list -- all of them have to do with family, though.

8. favorite Disney ride? the Magical Express ride from the airport

9. least favorite ride? the Magical Express to the airport

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? I am not so much, but my kids are !

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? That had a bit to do with it -- I just have to face facts that I picked a jerk.

12. when was your last trip to the World? Nov/Dec 2007

13. when is your next trip to the World? Maybe Sept 2008 and definiately Nov/Dec 2008

14. favorite Disney character? Mickey and Humphrey runs a close second !

15. least favorite Disney character? not sure

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away:Go down with my mom and my kids for a few days, have my mom take my kids at home, and like magic -- LOTS of friends (maybe even a special someone)show up and get the "party" started, lots of parks, fun and making a lifetime of memories !!! Once it was all over, start planning the next trip while on the plane ride home !!!!!!!

17. Own room, share with friend or group of friends?who knows now ?? I have met some many wonderful people - as long as we are all close by, it doesn't matter to me now.

18. How long you are interested in staying? (2, 3, 7 days, etc)at least 5 days

19. Hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ?)value because I don't plan on using it very much other than to sleep a few hours, shower and change clothes

20. Is there anything that you have never done at WDW that you want to do with a the group? The tours and slushies in France !!

I think that sums it all up. Can't wait for next year !!!!

Jenroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #84
Jenroc

HEY Sha -- Awesome chatting with you last night !!!! The yahoo thing didn't work on my computer because it said my version was newer - not sure what that is all about. PM me your email address and I will add it to my list and we will see what happens. Maybe someone out in computerland can help us !!!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday weekend !!!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #85
Sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenroc View Post
I don't think I answered all the questions either (hehehe hehehe)

7. favorite Disney memory? WAY TOO many to list -- all of them have to do with family, though.

13. when is your next trip to the World? Maybe Sept 2008 and definiately Nov/Dec 2008

20. Is there anything that you have never done at WDW that you want to do with a the group? The tours and slushies in France !!

I think that sums it all up. Can't wait for next year !!!!
LMAO I think you answered some of them.... I pulled these couple out after talking with you last night. The things you have done are cool (that you were telling me about... Willie Aimes ) and we have to talk to that boss about September! and the slushies!

Will email you a moment! was great chatting with you last night too... be fun with the planning etc. Knowing how big this has gotten is cool and really great to look forward to even though there are other trips in between

Old 07-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #86
cdn ears
DIS Veteran

OK, computer doing funny things, replied to this once and ended up with a blank screen, so let's try again...........

1. when is your birthday? May 15, 1961

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Unpack and make dinner decisions/reservations

3. favorite park? hmmmm...MK

4. what is your height? 5'6"

5. favorite food/cuisine? ice cream / desserts!!!!

6. in what year did you first visit the world? early 80's

7. favorite Disney memory? tooooooo many

8. favorite Disney ride? Tower of Terror

9. least favorite ride? teacups

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? purchased a few

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? hmmm...relationship????

12. when was your last trip to the World? Jan 08

13. when is your next trip to the World? Feb 09 ???

14. favorite Disney character? Mickey or any of the Henson characters (yes I know they aren't Disney, but they are on the property!!!

15. least favorite Disney character? hmmmmmm.......

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: it's longer than a weekend

17. Own room, share with friend or group of friends? share

18. How long you are interested in staying? (2, 3, 7 days, etc) 13-14 days!!!

19. Hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ?) DVC member os BW, SSG, BC, WL.....

20. Is there anything that you have never done at WDW that you want to do with the group? meet more of the group!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #87
cdn ears
DIS Veteran

just realized I'm younger than nurse darcy

sorry, I know that I have to respect my elders.........
Old 07-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #88
Sha

Is anyone from here going to be going to Mousefest???

Old 07-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #89
Dizmom0923
Princess

Hope everyone had a good 4th. Will try to catch up some more soon. Trying to get used to lifes new schedule. I haven't had real schedule in over 6 years. I found myself running to be in bed before 10 last week.

Jen, I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE Humphrey also. A couple of weeks ago the cartoons on House of Mouse were all his.

Do yall still use dismates to chat at night???
To receive you must first believeAlways remember...thoughts become things
Dizmom0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #90
Jenroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Is anyone from here going to be going to Mousefest???
Not going this year but might look into it for next year !! Boy ..... I better win a lottery so I can visit all the times I want to !1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmom0923 View Post
Hope everyone had a good 4th. Will try to catch up some more soon. Trying to get used to lifes new schedule. I haven't had real schedule in over 6 years. I found myself running to be in bed before 10 last week.

Jen, I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE Humphrey also. A couple of weeks ago the cartoons on House of Mouse were all his.

Do yall still use dismates to chat at night???
Humphrey Rocks !!!

and yes we should use the dismates chat room so we can get the palnning done

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: