Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Tours you are interested in participating in (regular or Magical Gathering ones)
MK - Good Morning Gathering (MG) - breakfast at Tony's 13 34.21%
AK - Safari Celebration Dinner (MG) - end of day safari and dinner reception 26 68.42%
EPCOT - International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception (MG) 26 68.42%
Magical Fireworks Voyage (MG) - Seven Seas Lagoon 18 47.37%
EPCOT - Around the World - Segway 15 39.47%
All parks - Backstage Magic 13 34.21%
EPCOT - Dolphins In Depth 8 21.05%
MK - Keys To The Kingdom 16 42.11%
MK - Magic Behind Our Steam Trains 7 18.42%
MK - Mickey's Magical Milestones 8 21.05%
EPCOT - The Undiscovered Future World 11 28.95%
AK - Wild By Design 10 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #46
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenroc View Post
WOW -- I just the last few minutes catching up and OMG --- what touching thoughts !!!! My Dad passed away 24 years ago and I can still remember him in the old man's mask he bought at the Magic Shop on Main Street and how he made people laugh that night all through the Magic Kingdom !!!! I was lucky enough to have lots of trips to WDW with both my parents when I was younger and also trip to DL with my Mom and her sister's family in California. And as ticked off as I can get at my mom at times, I can't bear the thought of going to WDW without her when I take my kids. I love those candid shots I capture of my Mom and my kids while they are playing checkers in Frontierland, the group shots throughout all the parks (THANX PhotoPass !!), Mom being hugged by Pooh, etc etc etc !!
WDW is a place to be with loved ones, whether it be family, old friends or NEW friends !!!!! I guess this is why there is such a huge response for this trip ..... new friends make awesome memories !!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH -- HAPPY CANADA DAY (July 1st) to all us Canucks and a Happy 4th of July to all of our American friends !!! I hope everyone gets a chance to have a blast with friends and family !!

Let's get this party (thread) started !!!!!! (again !)
I think some got lost with the thread transfer...

Jen you nailed it with that last part... new friends make awesome memories!!!! That is one thing that I love about this thread. Its going to be a fun trip and the ones in between will be also. Speaking of... are you sure we have to wait until August to know if your Sept trip is approved?? I am trying to decide if I want to actually make a ressie at a resort with $ vs points... I am also probably going the last weekend of Sept for AC closing.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #47
Dizmom0923
Princess

Hi. Had a great first day at work. I have soooo much stuff to learn about the business though. The people at work seem to be nice although it is nothing but women. OFFICE DRAMA! I really think I will like it once I get the hang of it. I just need to get used to being restrained at a desk for 8 hours a day. I haven't had this kind of job in over 6 years. More money for Disney!!!!

Jen, I think my dad had the same mask from the magic shop on Main Street. We used to love going in that store when we were kids. Checker with my kids is my dads thing though.

Hope everyone had a good day(for a Monday).
To receive you must first believeAlways remember...thoughts become things
Dizmom0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #48
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmom0923 View Post
Hi. Had a great first day at work. I have soooo much stuff to learn about the business though. The people at work seem to be nice although it is nothing but women. OFFICE DRAMA! I really think I will like it once I get the hang of it. I just need to get used to being restrained at a desk for 8 hours a day. I haven't had this kind of job in over 6 years. More money for Disney!!!!

Jen, I think my dad had the same mask from the magic shop on Main Street. We used to love going in that store when we were kids. Checker with my kids is my dads thing though.

Hope everyone had a good day(for a Monday).
you need a mr. potato head for your desk that you can change per mood in disney stuff

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #49
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
you need a mr. potato head for your desk that you can change per mood in disney stuff
If I had a desk. . .lol. Love this idea. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:23 AM   #50
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Quote:
Good Morning everyone.

Ooh good idea Sha, I'll have to remember to pick up one.. In my office, I know some ppl that would love it and some that would think it's bizarre. But it would be the talk of the office.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #51
Sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
If I had a desk. . .lol. Love this idea. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttester9612 View Post
Good Morning everyone.

Ooh good idea Sha, I'll have to remember to pick up one.. In my office, I know some ppl that would love it and some that would think it's bizarre. But it would be the talk of the office.
Wish I could take credit for the idea but its a stolen one from my good friend Brenda I just need Disney parts for mine

To our Canadian friends: Happy Canada Day!!! I have my flag out that I was given in May

Last edited by Sha; 07-01-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #52
jadedbeauty14304
DIS Veteran

Happy Canada Day all!

I also love the Potato Head idea! If I get the promotion that they are hinting at giving me, I will proudly have one on my desk! lol
Old 07-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #53
Dizmom0923
Princess

I am sooo upset. I found out I won't be able to Disney in December. They said December is way to busy for me to go at that time. I need to pick new dates. It might be Mardi Gras again.....depending on the kids holiday schedule.

Sha, I will definitely get me one for my desk. Right now he would have a very sad face.
To receive you must first believeAlways remember...thoughts become things
Dizmom0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #54
Sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmom0923 View Post
I am sooo upset. I found out I won't be able to Disney in December. They said December is way to busy for me to go at that time. I need to pick new dates. It might be Mardi Gras again.....depending on the kids holiday schedule.

Sha, I will definitely get me one for my desk. Right now he would have a very sad face.
I dont blame you there... I wouldnt be too happy either. I dread that about getting a new job. Is there a regular work schedule?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #55
InstImpres
DIS Veteran

I thought things were too quiet. Glad I found our new home!

Jen it was nice catching up with you on the phone today...hope to talk again soon
InstImpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #56
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
I have been addicted since I tasted them at the parks 3 years ago!
One less thing for me to think about
Hello peeps

repost :)

Hi peeps... my days are getting better, I finally survive my 1st day back at work yesterday but I know by the time I left the work place I gained a new title the "Lab B***ch" but right now I guess I really dont care ...

Anywhooo... I miss all my diser friends... I can honestly say the best comfort I got are from all of you. Giving me enough time and space to find my way back here...

And about going to WDW ... wish I can say it is next month... But I go on Sept. 5th... But it is ok... I still have alot of loose ends to settle for that trip...

Well time to go back to work... again my DEEPEST GRATITTUDE to all of you... I am so glad I meet each and everyone may it be online or at WDW!!!

cant wait to see you all!!!

ANTSS2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #57
Sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTSS2001 View Post
Hi peeps... my days are getting better, I finally survive my 1st day back at work yesterday but I know by the time I left the work place I gained a new title the "Lab B***ch" but right now I guess I really dont care ...

Anywhooo... I miss all my diser friends... I can honestly say the best comfort I got are from all of you. Giving me enough time and space to find my way back here...

And about going to WDW ... wish I can say it is next month... But I go on Sept. 5th... But it is ok... I still have alot of loose ends to settle for that trip...

Well time to go back to work... again my DEEPEST GRATITTUDE to all of you... I am so glad I meet each and everyone may it be online or at WDW!!!

cant wait to see you all!!!
Yea!!!!you found us!! (you too **********). I wouldnt worry much about the people at work. You have been through a lot

how long is your trip in Sept Timmy?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #58
jadedbeauty14304
DIS Veteran

Your spirit is very bright Timmy, and you are in my prayers. It is a hard time, but you will get through it.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #59
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
I have been addicted since I tasted them at the parks 3 years ago!
One less thing for me to think about
Hello peeps

Quote:
Yea!!!!you found us!! (you too **********). I wouldnt worry much about the people at work. You have been through a lot

how long is your trip in Sept Timmy?
Sept. will be from the 5th to the 14th... And on Dec it is from Dec. 6 to 10... any match ??? So far I know Care, rebecca and NH_Bubba is a match for Sept. and hopefully to find Metro West so we get to hang out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedbeauty14304 View Post
Your spirit is very bright Timmy, and you are in my prayers. It is a hard time, but you will get through it.

thank you

ANTSS2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:34 AM   #60
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTSS2001 View Post
Sept. will be from the 5th to the 14th... And on Dec it is from Dec. 6 to 10... any match ??? So far I know Care, rebecca and NH_Bubba is a match for Sept. and hopefully to find Metro West so we get to hang out

thank you
You need to extend your Dec trip by one more day. . .we match on the tenth but you are flying out that day and I am coming in. . .I'll be in early as I always take a red eye the night before but hey, we need to meet and you should just extend your trip cause. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: