Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Tours you are interested in participating in (regular or Magical Gathering ones)
MK - Good Morning Gathering (MG) - breakfast at Tony's 13 34.21%
AK - Safari Celebration Dinner (MG) - end of day safari and dinner reception 26 68.42%
EPCOT - International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception (MG) 26 68.42%
Magical Fireworks Voyage (MG) - Seven Seas Lagoon 18 47.37%
EPCOT - Around the World - Segway 15 39.47%
All parks - Backstage Magic 13 34.21%
EPCOT - Dolphins In Depth 8 21.05%
MK - Keys To The Kingdom 16 42.11%
MK - Magic Behind Our Steam Trains 7 18.42%
MK - Mickey's Magical Milestones 8 21.05%
EPCOT - The Undiscovered Future World 11 28.95%
AK - Wild By Design 10 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #151
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTSS2001 View Post
Did you get my post/PM jellyrolls on Sept. 13th at 9:30PM rebecca is getting in that day and adr at spoodles then jellyrolls.. then SHA is being coerce to come too... and jamstew another solo.. and hmmmm I dont know who else confirmed... but so far thats whAt fyi I have!!! I think I have AC for Sept. 12... TOT at 3PM on the 13th and jellyrolls at 9:30PM also...

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #152
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
I have been addicted since I tasted them at the parks 3 years ago!
One less thing for me to think about
Hello peeps

more comfortable discusiing this here... hahahaha

rebecca.. well regarding that cougar topic from the other thread... we had Apppreciation dinner again tonight for all the weekend stuff... remember the blind that did not materialized ??? Well I finally met him tonight not by accident either... and my fear came to a reality... I am older .. shoot I never dreamt of saying that in a million years hahahaha but I guess SHA might have a point there... I am close to Ethan Allen category hahahaha...

we had a nice conversation... and he have never been to the World... only to the land... which was refreshing since he was nice enough to listen me rant and rave about the World... Anywhoooo... suggested to him to check DIS... and get more great fyi... that's about it...

ANTSS2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #153
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
rebecca.. well regarding that cougar topic from the other thread... we had Apppreciation dinner again tonight for all the weekend stuff... remember the blind that did not materialized ??? Well I finally met him tonight not by accident either... and my fear came to a reality... I am older .. shoot I never dreamt of saying that in a million years hahahaha but I guess SHA might have a point there... I am close to Ethan Allen category hahahaha...

we had a nice conversation... and he have never been to the World... only to the land... which was refreshing since he was nice enough to listen me rant and rave about the World... Anywhoooo... suggested to him to check DIS... and get more great fyi... that's about it...
But I also agree with what Ryan said... if you like each other, you like each other. Never know what could happen. And you arent close to EA category!!!

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 07-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #154
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

Was this the one that I encouraged you to forgive his umm... dumb a&^ mistake??
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #155
Care
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did you get my post/PM jellyrolls on Sept. 13th at 9:30PM rebecca is getting in that day and adr at spoodles then jellyrolls.. then SHA is being coerce to come too... and jamstew another solo.. and hmmmm I dont know who else confirmed... but so far thats whAt fyi I have!!! I think I have AC for Sept. 12... TOT at 3PM on the 13th and jellyrolls at 9:30PM also...
I must have missed your post/PM about JR on Sept 13, but have now noted it on my itinerary. We'll head over to JR at Boardwalk after Boma. I've never been so I'll have to figure out the best way to get there from AKL. Hmm... I wonder if I might be too tired on Sept 12 to hit the AC after Illuminations. Perhaps I'll see you there. Must have a Kungaloosh, and attend the Hoopla.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #156
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Okay, first things first - we need a general announcement since I'm sure we've confused the heck out of some of the October 2009 trip-goers. Here's my version, feel free to edit it to how you see fit

Attention soloists and anyone else who is going to be at wdw on the evening of September 13, 2008~ we are planning on hooking up at Jellyrolls just because I promised Timmy I'd buy her a very strong drink If you would like to join us, please show up at Jellyrolls @ 9:30PM on 9/13/08 with drink money in hand! This is a diser-drinking adventure. If you do not like drinking, please do not flame those of us who will be under the influence of too many glowtinis

How was that????
Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #157
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
Hello peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
Was this the one that I encouraged you to forgive his umm... dumb a&^ mistake??
No... this happen because months ago.. we added a new pick up window at the lab... he was stopping by dropping off some samples.. well.. I was under the table behind the counter and he was binging the bell 1 to many times.. I yelled "just leave it on the counter and I bit busy under the table" he then said OK and left... the next nite he stopped by dropping yet another batch of sample and was asking where was the tech under the table but I only work there every other weekend like tonight.. So my dear co workers were nosy enough to check him out and eventually had encourage him to work my weekend again so we get to meet!!! At 1st I was gang ho to meet... but when they told me he is 9 yrs my junior I backed out... he is 29... they told him I was 34 which I am NOT!!!!!!!!! so from then on I hid like a bandit hahahaha well today I finally got caught !!! We have this free dinner and when I got there some Greg my friend from HR had the desire to just yell my name and wave while I am a bldg away which means everybody heard him... next thing I know someone was talking to me while I was debating how many pizzaaaaaaaaa I am going to get geesshhhhhh... "Go ahead have the chicken bbq pizza and the tomato pizza.. I had them and it was good" Yikes! I said excuse me??? when I turned around he said I I am Nick from the other side of the counter!!!!!! I really almost and your Timmy from under the counter after taking 2 pizza a sald and a carrot cake... I got invited to their table... Timmy = Ethan Allen furniture situated in a fraternity row !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
I must have missed your post/PM about JR on Sept 13, but have now noted it on my itinerary. We'll head over to JR at Boardwalk after Boma. I've never been so I'll have to figure out the best way to get there from AKL. Hmm... I wonder if I might be too tired on Sept 12 to hit the AC after Illuminations. Perhaps I'll see you there. Must have a Kungaloosh, and attend the Hoopla.

we'll figure something out.. worst come to worst.. we might just have to pick you up

Old 07-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #158
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Quote:
No... this happen because months ago.. we added a new pick up window at the lab... he was stopping by dropping off some samples.. well.. I was under the table behind the counter and he was binging the bell 1 to many times.. I yelled "just leave it on the counter and I bit busy under the table" he then said OK and left... the next nite he stopped by dropping yet another batch of sample and was asking where was the tech under the table but I only work there every other weekend like tonight.. So my dear co workers were nosy enough to check him out and eventually had encourage him to work my weekend again so we get to meet!!! At 1st I was gang ho to meet... but when they told me he is 9 yrs my junior I backed out... he is 29... they told him I was 34 which I am NOT!!!!!!!!! so from then on I hid like a bandit hahahaha well today I finally got caught !!! We have this free dinner and when I got there some Greg my friend from HR had the desire to just yell my name and wave while I am a bldg away which means everybody heard him... next thing I know someone was talking to me while I was debating how many pizzaaaaaaaaa I am going to get geesshhhhhh... "Go ahead have the chicken bbq pizza and the tomato pizza.. I had them and it was good" Yikes! I said excuse me??? when I turned around he said I I am Nick from the other side of the counter!!!!!! I really almost and your Timmy from under the counter after taking 2 pizza a sald and a carrot cake... I got invited to their table... Timmy = Ethan Allen furniture situated in a fraternity row !!!!
I love this story This is a great story and you are NOT ethan allen furniture... He's 29, waaaayyy past fraternity age! Sounds like he may have a thing for our Timmy Can you honestly blame him??? Think of it this way, how many men have you dated that were at least 9 years older??? Me~ more than half of the men I've ever dated were older by 9+ years...I'm just sayin' that if roles were reversed, this would be completely normal and you wouldn't feel like a pedophile. I only know this feeling because I recently dated a 23 year old... and I never could get past the Ethan Allen furniture/pedophile feeling. Then again, he really was fraternity aged.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:20 AM   #159
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
Hello peeps

Yikes!! Reb... the difference I had been was about 3 yr my junior and about 7 yr my senior... plus.. I just got out of a semi serious attachment last Nov 07 which means right now I am just happy to be able to hang out... and share hobbies... and crazy it may sound.. my friends ranges from 18 to 75... I dont know if in this thread I mentioned about " my boys " I go hang out with 5 boys to fish in Atlantic City/Ventnor, New jersey. These are the boys I worked with for a good 10 years... and 5-6 years ago they all retired ( boys ages 65 to 72 y/o), they like to take me a long since I nag like their wives when it comes to vitamins.. sun block... snack.. water... dont carry this... dont do that... but at the same time dont bother them when they are girl watching at the boardwalk!!! Plus I am their walkinf 1st aid kit Uh huh.. their wives calls me the "other woman" to funny!!! When we go out to fish... the wives have my number and would call me for anythign ebfore their husbands.. since their excuse for not answering the phone was either it was or.. or the hearign aid was off And the funny part is when someone try to approach me when i am with them.. they go switch to "father mode"... what do you do.. where do you live... how much do you make .. how tall are you... hahahahahaa thank God all their kids are married... now they are weaving through nephews for me That is why I am very content with my situation right now... and they have been very kind to me especially with the recent passing in my family anywhooo I am just thankful that I am blessed with so much great friends that keeps my life very amusing

Old 07-14-2008, 06:45 AM   #160
Sha

Good morning! hope everyone has a great day today!

Timmy it sounds like a good bunch to have around you!

Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #161
Jenroc
SMILE !! Everyone will wonder what you are up to !!

I will post this on both Part 1 and Part 2 of this thread .....

We are looking for a theme name for our trip next Oct. There will be a special little prize for the name that is chosen when we all get to WDW. Please PM me with your trip name so we can keep it anonymous (? - spelling isn't great first thing on a Monday morning )and we will have everyone vote on the favourite. So ..... get those thinking caps on and come up with a name that reflects Disney and the meaning of this adventure, meeting new friends and making memories !!!!!

Jenroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #162
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Quote:
Yikes!! Reb... the difference I had been was about 3 yr my junior and about 7 yr my senior... plus.. I just got out of a semi serious attachment last Nov 07 which means right now I am just happy to be able to hang out... and share hobbies... and crazy it may sound.. my friends ranges from 18 to 75... I dont know if in this thread I mentioned about " my boys " I go hang out with 5 boys to fish in Atlantic City/Ventnor, New jersey. These are the boys I worked with for a good 10 years... and 5-6 years ago they all retired ( boys ages 65 to 72 y/o), they like to take me a long since I nag like their wives when it comes to vitamins.. sun block... snack.. water... dont carry this... dont do that... but at the same time dont bother them when they are girl watching at the boardwalk!!! Plus I am their walkinf 1st aid kit Uh huh.. their wives calls me the "other woman" to funny!!! When we go out to fish... the wives have my number and would call me for anythign ebfore their husbands.. since their excuse for not answering the phone was either it was or.. or the hearign aid was off And the funny part is when someone try to approach me when i am with them.. they go switch to "father mode"... what do you do.. where do you live... how much do you make .. how tall are you... hahahahahaa thank God all their kids are married... now they are weaving through nephews for me That is why I am very content with my situation right now... and they have been very kind to me especially with the recent passing in my family anywhooo I am just thankful that I am blessed with so much great friends that keeps my life very amusing
I completely understand you wanting to just hang-out and make new friends. COunter-boy sounds like he'd make a great new friend

Your boys sound wonderful! I know their wives are secretly grateful your there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post

Hey Sha! Happy Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenroc View Post

We are looking for a theme name for our trip next Oct. There will be a special little prize for the name that is chosen when we all get to WDW. Please PM me with your trip name so we can keep it anonymous (? - spelling isn't great first thing on a Monday morning )and we will have everyone vote on the favourite. So ..... get those thinking caps on and come up with a name that reflects Disney and the meaning of this adventure, meeting new friends and making memories !!!!!

I'm going to leave this to all of the creative disers we have...I'm in now way witty enough to come up with a name!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #163
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
Hello peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post

Sha.. happy Monday!!! And yes... they are great eggs!!!

Quote:

hmm naaah... oh wait hmmm nooo... OK let me work on it

Quote:
I completely understand you wanting to just hang-out and make new friends. COunter-boy sounds like he'd make a great new friend

OMG counter boy

Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #164
Sha

Quote:

have you gotten any yet????

Quote:
I completely understand you wanting to just hang-out and make new friends. sounds like he'd make a great new friend

Quote:
I'm going to leave this to all of the creative disers we have...I'm in now way witty enough to come up with a name!
I bet you could!

Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #165
gower525
Mouseketeer

Ok - I am finally getting around to posting, answering polls, etc. I am reading this thread and thought I would chime in and answer these q's! I am looking forward to getting to know ya'll!!

Quoting Jenroc, Antss2001 and Rebecca06261: "lets do 20 questions..."

1. when is your birthday? July 26, 1974

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? DTD

3. favorite park? MK

4. what is your height? 5'6"

5. favorite food/cuisine? Mexican

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 84???

7. favorite Disney memory? Aurora kissing dd3 (she was 2 at the time)

8. favorite Disney ride? Soarin'? I haven't been able to ride the big ones b/c of my little one.

9. least favorite ride? Stitch

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? No

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? No - my ex dh decided he would rather be with a 20 yo.

12. when was your last trip to the World? last month!

13. when is your next trip to the World? October '09 with you all

14. favorite Disney character? Belle

15. least favorite Disney character? ?

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: stay at a deluxe!

17. Own room, share with friend or group of friends? ?? I would like to share b/c of my limited funding!

18. How long you are interested in staying? (2, 3, 7 days, etc) probably 3- I am a teacher and have to teach those kids something afterall

19. Hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ?) Value- again limited funds.

20. Is there anything that you have never done at WDW that you want to do with a the group? Any tours or special events
[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
gower525 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: