Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #106
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Yes but I am way older than you, 36!!! EEK!
And I am WAY older than you, you young chick you....

Quote:

Keep your fingers crossed for me that we can still go tomorrow!
Fingers & toes crossed my friend.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #107
coconutsunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! If you can believe this I just had a call from DH saying that we may have to move the trip back 2 or 3 weeks....Tropical Storm Fay wreaked havoc with us and caused his company a lot of issues so if cannot get them squared away by tomorrow afternoon he has to stay and work

Good news is I called WDW and they are fantastic, I can move my reservation without any financial penalty....and there is availability at the Poly which is a total shock and but the kicker will be making ADRs this late in the game and during free dining OUCH!

Keep your fingers crossed for me that we can still go tomorrow!
Oh no, I totally forgot about Fay, how insensitive of me Are you okay and is your house okay??

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your DH and his company!!! That's great that Disney is being so fantastic. Let's hope if you do have to postpone, some of that lovely pixie dust will fall your way and you will be able to score some good ressies!! If you go in 3 weeks I'll be down there around then, maybe I'll see you in the parks!!
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #108
Michelle_and_Aaron
Mouseketeer

I do hope you get to go now and not have to postpone. I need some new pics to satisfy me until I can get back. We are almost certain now that we will go in April instead of May. I know crowds will be thicker then but it is the best time for both Aaron and I to take off.
If you do have to postpone I hope you get some good ADRs. Maybe you can slip in since you're a regular! Frequent Diner's Card? Hahaha!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #109
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
And I am WAY older than you, you young chick you....

Fingers & toes crossed my friend.
You are only as old as you feel right?! I hope we go away, I need it bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsunshine View Post
Oh no, I totally forgot about Fay, how insensitive of me Are you okay and is your house okay??

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your DH and his company!!! That's great that Disney is being so fantastic. Let's hope if you do have to postpone, some of that lovely pixie dust will fall your way and you will be able to score some good ressies!! If you go in 3 weeks I'll be down there around then, maybe I'll see you in the parks!!
Fay was a big ole pain in the tush! No damage but we had power out for 16 hours and DHs business had major roof damage, product damage etc so basically they lost 2 days prepping for the storm and yesterday getting the place back together again and now it is catch up on 3 "missing" days. Thanks for your kind thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_and_Aaron View Post
I do hope you get to go now and not have to postpone. I need some new pics to satisfy me until I can get back. We are almost certain now that we will go in April instead of May. I know crowds will be thicker then but it is the best time for both Aaron and I to take off.
If you do have to postpone I hope you get some good ADRs. Maybe you can slip in since you're a regular! Frequent Diner's Card? Hahaha!
I wanna go soooo bad.... and the worst part is waiting until DH knows if he can leave or not. We were supposed to take off around 2pm tomorrow .... I offered to go without him but he was not too receptive to that one

Can you believe the thing I am worried about the most is eating CS only? Oh the horror!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #110
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Quote:

Fay was a big ole pain in the tush! No damage but we had power out for 16 hours and DHs business had major roof damage, product damage etc so basically they lost 2 days prepping for the storm and yesterday getting the place back together again and now it is catch up on 3 "missing" days. Thanks for your kind thoughts!

I wanna go soooo bad.... and the worst part is waiting until DH knows if he can leave or not. We were supposed to take off around 2pm tomorrow .... I offered to go without him but he was not too receptive to that one

Can you believe the thing I am worried about the most is eating CS only? Oh the horror!
Glad to hear that you're OK. When the news was reporting that Fay was hitting Naples, you were my first thought

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #111
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
Glad to hear that you're OK. When the news was reporting that Fay was hitting Naples, you were my first thought
Thanks for thinking of me!

Well I found out a little bit ago that DH said we can make it this weekend after all! I have no idea what time we are leaving tonight but I think around 7 or so.

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me!! You guys are great!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #112
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Thanks for thinking of me!

Well I found out a little bit ago that DH said we can make it this weekend after all! I have no idea what time we are leaving tonight but I think around 7 or so.

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me!! You guys are great!
Have a great and safe trip!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #113
HappyCamper87
Mouseketeer

Have a great trip!

Can't wait to hear about it next week.

Best Wishes!

First Trip to the FORT! October 5-12, 2008!
2006 - POP, 2004 - BWV, 2001 - POR, 1997 - CBR & Too many day trips to count!
HappyCamper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #114
Michelle_and_Aaron
Mouseketeer

Yay! I am so excited for you getting to go after all. Now I get to once again live (and eat) vicariously through you!
First off don't forget to try the pink fizzy stuff and tell us all about it. I have still not been able to find it here in Charleston. Secondly I feel you on not wanting to go with counter service stuff. Blah! When Aaron saw the counter service plan for next year he was like "Ooh look babe we can go with this and save money." Apparently the look I gave him was pretty good because seconds later he was like "Well, it really isn't that much of a difference to go with the other dining plans so we will stick to that." Ha! My dear husband is a smart guy (aka well trained) and knows what is good for him!
Anyway, I hope you have a fabulous time and I can't wait to read all about it!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #115
coconutsunshine
DIS Veteran

YAY!!!

I am so glad you are still able to go, now you can go have fun with no worries of CS!!

Have a great time and tell your DH not to worry too much!

We'll be patiently waiting for your reviews
Old 08-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #116
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsunshine View Post
YAY!!!

I am so glad you are still able to go, now you can go have fun with no worries of CS!!

Have a great time and tell your DH not to worry too much!

We'll be patiently waiting for your reviews
Hi Im Here!

Link in my sig!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: