Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #16
sandybobandy
DIS Veteran

wahooooooo! More please!
9/29-10/6 2007 ASMU-40% off code!
Woot woot! Last minute trip planned 9/28-10/2! Also planning to do the Disney College Program in '09!!!!!!!!

Boo! To You!
sandybobandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #17
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We left HS to head back to Epcot, the rain was still non stop. The boat to Epcot was fully loaded but we were lucky to squeeze on. First stop, France for a much talked about Grand Marnier slushie. This was fantastic and so dangerous as it doesnt taste boozey at all! DH and I had one and downed it so of course we had to buy another one!

I wished I purchased this pretty pink think, it sounds so good..maybe on our August trip

And one more booze picture

We walked around the countries for a bit, yes in the rain, and made it to Mexico and Norway for the rides. We chilled out on a bench for a bit and just watched the rain fall around the World Showcase, very tranquil. We made our way over to Spoodles for dinner. We have not been here for about 11 years so we decided it was time to try it again.

Our ressie was for 5:45 and we arrived around 5:20. There was 2 people in front of me, one with twin 2 year old boys that were so cute. In comes and older couple, walks right past the line and up to the front desk. When the CM that was helping the first guy finished she started helping the line cutters. The lady in front of me and myself didnt say a word...I was just too tired

The couple did not have reservations and wanted to eat there. The CM said they could fit them in now. The couple said that was too early and they were not hungry yet, how about later? The CM said they were sold out, reservations only. The couple said then make us a reservation...the CM said no you dont understand, no walk ins tonight. The couple said ok fine we will just eat now. By this time the lady in front of me, her kids are getting antsy and her mother came up and was furious that the couple cut the line so she started making very loud remarks. The couple was oblivious to it. So the woman tapped them with the stroller and starting in on them, loud and angry like. The couple apologized and didnt realize they did anything wrong but the woman would not stop badgering them. It was embarrassing.

So they get a pager, the CM starts to help the woman in front of me and another CM asks for the next person in line, I start to move and the kid behind me cut me! Oh no, hold the phone this is not happening twice. I said sorry pal but I am next. He harumpfed and got back in line.....tough noogies!

We were seated right away, the place was packed and had 3 tables of 10 or more people there. I wasnt hungry for an appetizer so we just ordered entrees.

The foccacia bread squares with the herbed olive oil to dip were out of this world. I could have made a meal off of this!

I knew I wanted the lemon shrimp with garlic, perserved lemons and linguini. The first plate was loaded with shrimp and as I was tossing it I found a long black hair, ok so I freaked out on the inside (my family owned restaurants so I know this happens from time to time), quietly signaled the waitress who quietly apologized and asked if I wanted the same entree or order something different. Well I wanted the same! In seconds a fresh one was put in front of me. I know because we were sitting in front of the kitchen and I watched her take one off the pick up table and put it in front of me.

This dish was also loaded with shrimp that were cooked perfectly, wonderful lemon and garlic flavor and the pasta was cooked to a perfect al dente. I loved everything about this dish and would order it again in a heartbeat!

DH ordered the rigatoni with sausage, tomato sauce and portobello mushrooms. This was almost as amazing as mine! Again the pasta was cooked to perfection, the sausage is ground fine and so flavorful, the sauce was awesome and there was enough mushrooms for him to enjoy.

I was so glad we did not order appetizers because we were able to finish our plates!

Dessert choices were not wowing us so I just took pics of the dessert table for you guys instead.

MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
MickeyNicki

Since our car was parked at Epcot we mosied over to the International Gateway, headed to the front part of the park to do a few more things and then I get a craving for something sweet.....back over to the countries for Norway. It is raining again so we get hot tea to warm up, DH gets something different, coconut flan. It has a shortbread crust, coconut custard filling, not too sweet, nice and light and pretty good.

I love schoolbread so that is a no brainer for me! This time it really missed its mark, the cream was loose and runny and the roll part had a funny taste, like a spice of nutmeg or something. I didnt like it at all so we fed it to the birds.

On to the last installment, breakfast this morning at Boma. I learned my lesson last month with the valet and showed the valet guy my DDE card, this time it was free! Last time we went they would not give it to me for whatever reason.

We had 10am ressies, the place was jammed with people so I couldnt get close up buffet pictures but the food was the same this time as the last 2xs we went so if you want to see pictures from our Spring trip the link is in my signature.

We were seated right away, the server was great and kept the juice and coffee filled. The food was just as fantastic as it was 2 months ago. I am hooked on the carved ham and roasted potatoes, and of course the best fruit ever....I could eat just these items and be very happy! The ham is so tender and soft and not salty at all.

Here are pics of our plates.

And that wraps up our short but fun weekend trip! Hope you all enjoyed the reviews and pictures. We are going back the weekend before free dining starts, staying at the Poly and have ressies for Kona and Ohana breakfast, Teppan Edo and Tonys Town in MK for dinner...who knows what for lunch!

Thanks for reading!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #19
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thanks again for the reviews. I sometimes think I shouldn't read them because then I want to change my places. I cancelled one place for our upcoming September trip to add Boma's. Now, I want to add Spoodles. But I am going to start a list for next year's trip and Spoodles will be on the top of the list. That lemon shrimp with garlic has my mouth watering.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #20
jeminni
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Great reviews.

I love both spoodles ( no sangria? ) and boma breakfast. I've never tried the dinner there, maybe next trip.

After reading yout Yak and Yeti review I might have to try that or at least the CS there.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #21
Robert P
GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a time

Loved your reviews. The Spoodles food looked great.
01/04 - CBR, AKL: 9/04 - POP, BCV, POR: 10/04 - BCV, (offsite-Radisson-yuck!):
11/05 - Dolphin, BCV, BWV: 10/06 - BCV: 11/06 - Dolphin, BCV:
07/07 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari- AOK!) 11/07 - BCV, Dolphin:
04/08 - Dolphin, BWV: 08/08 - POP, WL: 10/08 - BCV, Swan:
09/09 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari): 11/09 - Swan, BCV 10/10 - Dolphin, BCV

Robert P's April 2008 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1791298
Robert P's Fall 2007 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630586
Robert P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #22
donaldtutter
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!! Thanks
donaldtutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #23
Disneyof3
Mother of my 3 angels, heaven blessed me!!!!!
So it was me who had to take the plunge

Thanks again for your great reviews and pictures. I love reading them and your DH's comments. It is nice that the two of you share your meals and we disboards get to see more food pictures Thanks again!!!!
WDW12/13
Disneyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #24
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Now I'm hungry again

Thanks for another great report!

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #25
Michelle_and_Aaron
Mouseketeer

Welcome back Nicki, though I know you would rather still be there!
I'm glad you had some good food this weekend. I can't wait for your next trip!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:36 PM   #26
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Thanks again for your reviews. Every time I read "blech" it makes me smile! You really do a great job! Have you ever had other not-so-good school bread or do you think it was a one time thing?
trixiequilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:59 AM   #27
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Fantastic reviews, I really enjoyed them.

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Sept 2007 - POFQ/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2008 - AKL/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2009 - SSR/BWI/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2011 - BC/Royal Pacific/CR
Sept 2012 - BC/Royal Pacific
May 2013 - WL/Royal pacific
Sept 2013 - Royal Pacific
iluvpluto27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:36 AM   #28
suzimar57
when i do put some makeup on, he's stunned!
loose screw i find in his work pants
It's cheesy, in a fun sort of way!

what a great way to start my week - wonderful photos and reviews - they're excellent, thanks!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 AM   #29
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I just love that lemon shrimp pasta dish at Spoodles.... No sangria?????
Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #30
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks again for the reviews. I sometimes think I shouldn't read them because then I want to change my places. I cancelled one place for our upcoming September trip to add Boma's. Now, I want to add Spoodles. But I am going to start a list for next year's trip and Spoodles will be on the top of the list. That lemon shrimp with garlic has my mouth watering.
Ok I promise no more reviews that make you change your mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeminni View Post
Great reviews.

I love both spoodles ( no sangria? ) and boma breakfast. I've never tried the dinner there, maybe next trip.

After reading yout Yak and Yeti review I might have to try that or at least the CS there.
After a few too many Grand Marnier slushies in France I thought it best to stick to ice tea

If you do go to Y&Y CS let me know how it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert P View Post
Loved your reviews. The Spoodles food looked great.
Thanks and oh yeah Spoodles was as good as it looked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldtutter View Post
Great reviews!! Thanks
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
Now I'm hungry again

Thanks for another great report!
You are so welcome, I am hungry now too! I should never read my own posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_and_Aaron View Post
Welcome back Nicki, though I know you would rather still be there!
I'm glad you had some good food this weekend. I can't wait for your next trip!
Thanks Michelle! 2 more months and counting and we will be back...and so wont the food pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Thanks again for your reviews. Every time I read "blech" it makes me smile! You really do a great job! Have you ever had other not-so-good school bread or do you think it was a one time thing?
Thanks! Out of all the times we have had the schoolbread this was the only time it tasted weird. I would still get it again though, maybe it was a one time thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvpluto27 View Post
Fantastic reviews, I really enjoyed them.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzimar57 View Post
what a great way to start my week - wonderful photos and reviews - they're excellent, thanks!
You are so kind! Thanks alot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I just love that lemon shrimp pasta dish at Spoodles.... No sangria?????
Oh babe it was so gooooood! I know I should have ordered a sangria but then I wouldnt have been able to walk straight with so many GM slushies from France floating in my system!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: